Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows Vista - Isnt any game Compatiable?

Guys - I have recerntly installed Windows Vista Home Premium with a E6400 Dual Core and a 7900 Nvdia Graphics Card

When i tried to install Voyage Century and other games - the games kept coming up with the same error when i tried to Extract the files. I have checked my pc for virsus - its just the games and when i try to Extract the files it wont work, Consequently being made to sleep in bed untill i find some other use for a gaming website and gaming codes for pc games which i cant play - Please tell me why this error code keeps coming up!!!!

Your Faithfully brown1011

Comments

• impulsebooksimpulsebooks Member Posts: 561

I play all my games on vista 64 now. They all work fine. Are the games old ones? What is the exact errot that comes up?

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment
    Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
    http://www.damnedsouls.eu

• brown1011brown1011 Member Posts: 11

erm hold on... Right i have downloaded the latest CABAL online from www.gamershell.com and when i extract the file it says

''Error 0x800004005: UnExpected Error''

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

You would probably get more responses if you posted in the Hardware Forum.

I find almost all newer games work in Vista unless you use Vista 64. Even then most games should install correctly. I would google the error message to see if other people have the same problem.  It sounds like you have a corrupted file somewhere. Maybe an outdated driver except that Vista should automatically update to the lastest drivers.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

under vista 32 i cant play lineage2 but most games work.

Vista is sometimes unstable and crash, sometimes i can play for hours and sometimes it crashes.

Never had that with xp im not happy with vista yet:(

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    If you aren't happy with Vista just install XP to the computer instead. You'll lose a few Vista only features, but you get faster, more compatible, and probably also more stable operating system.

Its funny that almost everywhere when you come up with problems with OS, they say latest drivers?, lol well almost everybody if you go to forums have latests drivers installed and still it give crashes or erros or games even work.

Its vista thats still not good, only if you know alot how to solve these problems you prolly get it worked but problems sometimes very difficult to solve.

And from what i remember when i first install xp pro i never had any problems with it ever, i bought xp at same time it was launched as vista now after about almost year on market.

Originally posted by Vrika

If you aren't happy with Vista just install XP to the computer instead. You'll lose a few Vista only features, but you get faster, more compatible, and probably also more stable operating system.

Well becouse most works only lineage2 dont work,  i use vista becouse of my grafics cards is dx10.

• RubakaiRubakai Member Posts: 97

wasnt very keen changing to vista but finally i got it and after a month I have had no problems with any games i have installed (10 or so).

I got about 15+ games installed all work, only lineage2 not and sometimes i have error or some strange crash.

So vista is ok but never had this problem with xp.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by forest-nl

Originally posted by Vrika

Well becouse most works only lineage2 dont work,  i use vista becouse of my grafics cards is dx10.

My message was directed to the OP who has only DX 9 graphic card. And, I admit it may not be a very good advice. But it's one alternative.

I tested Windows Vista about 4 months ago, and really did try to give it a fair try. But, ended up switching to Windows XP because I encountered too many technical problems with Vista. And, was pleasantly suprised that besides being more reliable, XP was lot faster, on my laptop wich doesn't even have official Windows XP support.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

have you tried right clicking everything and choosing the option to "run as administrator" i do that with ever thing even instal execs. Try this to     control panel >>>>> user accounts >>>>> turn user account control on or off >>>>> untick UAC.

Hope it helps.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

It's a fairly stable OS, but software and hardware issues are still dogging Vista, especially driver support.

I beta tested Vista well over a year and it was an easiy decision not to buy at release.

I build systems as a hobby for friends anf family and I have yet to put Vista on any of them.  When asked, I simply say XP is the better option because it is more stable, more compatable, runs faster and is less of a resource hog than Vista.

My initial thought was I would wait until Vista had a SP or two out before I installed, but now I am going to wait until MS releases their next OS which I hear is in the works and rumored to have a 2010 release.

My only concern is that MS will stop supporting XP before then.  It was initially released by MS that they would stop supporting XP in '08, but I don't see that now with the less than stellar success of Vista.  They have tried everything to force people to Vista and people are still clamoring for XP instead.

While I certainly don't think it's anywhere near as bad as ME, Vista seems to have taken the moniker of the new ME in the chronology of Windows releases.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

Originally posted by jinxit

have you tried right clicking everything and choosing the option to "run as administrator" i do that with ever thing even instal execs. Try this to     control panel >>>>> user accounts >>>>> turn user account control on or off >>>>> untick UAC.
    Hope it helps.
    That aint helping eather i get this massage when try start up l2:

2007.12.31 16:43:55

CPU : GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2402 MHz with 1023MB RAM

Video : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (6925)

Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:....CoreIncFFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 185]

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- TLazyArray<< <- FMipmap<< <- SerializeMips <- UTexture::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Texture LineageMonstersTex.death_knight.death_knight_t00 99687303==99687303/133323875 99686137 132383) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Texture LineageMonstersTex.Death_Knight_T00 NULL) <- UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

btw it says winxp but im running it on vista?.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by forest-nl

Originally posted by jinxit

Hope it helps.
    That aint helping eather i get this massage when try start up l2:

2007.12.31 16:43:55

CPU : GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2402 MHz with 1023MB RAM

Video : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (6925)

Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:....CoreIncFFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 185]

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- TLazyArray<< <- FMipmap<< <- SerializeMips <- UTexture::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Texture LineageMonstersTex.death_knight.death_knight_t00 99687303==99687303/133323875 99686137 132383) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Texture LineageMonstersTex.Death_Knight_T00 NULL) <- UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

btw it says winxp but im running it on vista?.

I would reboot into safe mode and uninstall the nvidia video driver, then reboot and reinstall the latest nvidia drivers from their website.

All games work on my system but Vanguard still hitches a little here and there. Im tempted to put XP 32bit on a raptor and see what it does but I'm too lazy to reinstall everything. This is what I have.

ASUS Premium Vista Motherboard

AMD 6000+

3GB RAM

2 Nvidia 8800

2 500 GB SATA 7200RPM

2 DVD

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

I use raptors pretty much exclusively in my systems either singlely, or in a RAID0.

The performance is impeccable in XP.

I would recommend it, you'll be very happy with the results.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120

I'm in the process of putting together a new system for myself and have been doing a little research on Vista.  Most of what I've been seeing as problems with programs being compatible with Vista can be fixed by running the program in "compatiblity mode".  Also, it's a good idea to have 2Gb of ram installed with Vista.

To change compatibility settings manually for a program:

1) Right-click the program's icon.

2) Click Properties.

3) Click the Compatibility tab.

Setting: Compatibility mode

Runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

Setting: Run in 256 colors

Uses a limited set of colors in the program. Some older programs are designed to use fewer colors.

Setting: Run in 640 × 480

Runs the program in a smaller-sized window. Try this setting if the graphical user interface appears jagged or is rendered improperly.

Hope this helps.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I just got a new computer with windows vista.. i was scared after hearing all the bad things but Lord of the Rings works fine.. so you should play that *nods* yes you should on Firefoot server see you there :)

• W0wsersW0wsers Member Posts: 40

Aye i have Vista 32 bit installed and i have no problems with any games so far, not even the old Diablo 2, i think most games are compatible with it, think maybe you just need to go and adjust some of your settings

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 Dualcore 6000+
    Ram: 2gigs Patriot Performance
    VC: Evga 8800 Gts
    HD: 260g
    MB; Gigabyte S Serioes