Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Trial

What's the best trial available now?  Anything better than the standard 10 day accounts?

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I think daoc is one of the best. WoW is one of the worst. In WoW, you are almost locked away from everyone. NO Whispers, no general channel use, not allowed to use the auction house. No mail.

This is of course, because thats how gold farmers , account hackers, and illegal goald sales work. But still its a huge burden to anyone coming in fresh to the game.

Torrential

• creative404creative404 Member Posts: 72

How do gold farmers benefit from a free-trial?

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by Czzarre

I think daoc is one of the best. WoW is one of the worst. In WoW, you are almost locked away from everyone. NO Whispers, no general channel use, not allowed to use the auction house. No mail.
    This is of course, because thats how gold farmers , account hackers, and illegal goald sales work. But still its a huge burden to anyone coming in fresh to the game.
    Torrential

I think the restrictions are perfectly reasonable. It's to *try* the game, not play it. A trial should have little to no business on the AH for example.

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

Originally posted by creative404

How do gold farmers benefit from a free-trial?
    They used to create a trial account and spam anyone and everyone in tells and mail with ads.  Thats how they used to benefit.  

Personally I don't see having those features turned off as a downside, your there to try out the gameplay not worry about making gold or farming up business for your out of game website.  Plus most guilds won't take anyone thats a trial account anyway.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

its the no whispers that get ya.  its really hard for a trial player to get help from other players.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

As the above poster said. Its very difficult to get any help. You really feel as though you are alone. If your in the middle of a zone and need to find an object/mob for a quest. Unless you /yell there just isnt any way to do it. Also, As i went though my trial, I wanted to get a better weapon. I thought I could go to the AH, which I could see all the items on there, but I needed 30 silver. No worries, Ill sell the 2 stacks of Linen cloth Ive colected. Nope, trial accounts cannot put items on the AH, I had to vendor them for 1.5 silver a stack. Eventually I vendored and farmed enough to make 30 silver...nope, trial accounts cannot purchase items from the AH.

Also, I found that trial accounts cannot recieve items nor give items to other players. So even generosity wont help ya.

Again, I understand the reasoning. WoW is one of the most abused, hacked games there is. They have to take these precautions.

I suppose we could take some solace in the fact there there is unlikey NO TRUE trial players. Pretty much everyone who has ever played a MMORPG, has already played WoW.

Torrential