Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Epic sieges"

ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Descend into the world of warcraft and join thousands of mighty heroes in a n online world of myth, magic and limitless adventures. Jagged snow peaks, mountain fortresses, harsh winding canyons, zepplins flying over smoldering battlefields, EPIC SIEGES - an infinity of experience awaits. So what are you waiting for?

 

Yeah, so thats what it says on the box of original wow.. they say stuff is in the game and it isnt oO

Now im not bashing WoW.. played it since launch and ive loved ever minute of it. dont playt it now doh.

 

Back to the topic.. doesent it seem kinda weird? and if i were to call blizzard or go to the shop i bought it and sayd "hey, i bought this game for epic sieges, but there isnt any ingame" would i get my money back? xD

 

Um yea

/discuss.. i havent sleept for 24 hours and im bored as fuck so just posting this as i just read behind on the box for fun :p

Currently Playing Path of Exile

Comments

  • PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

    Originally posted by Proson


    Descend into the world of warcraft and join thousands of mighty heroes in a n online world of myth, magic and limitless adventures. Jagged snow peaks, mountain fortresses, harsh winding canyons, zepplins flying over smoldering battlefields, EPIC SIEGES - an infinity of experience awaits. So what are you waiting for?
     
    Yeah, so thats what it says on the box of original wow.. they say stuff is in the game and it isnt oO
    Now im not bashing WoW.. played it since launch and ive loved ever minute of it. dont playt it now doh.
     
    Back to the topic.. doesent it seem kinda weird? and if i were to call blizzard or go to the shop i bought it and sayd "hey, i bought this game for epic sieges, but there isnt any ingame" would i get my money back? xD
     
    Um yea
    /discuss.. i havent sleept for 24 hours and im bored as fuck so just posting this as i just read behind on the box for fun :p

     

     

    Disclaimer: Online experience may change .

     

    Something like that is almost always on the box :)

    That said, siege should be coming in the Wotlk expansion, it's planned at least :)

    image

  • daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

    That would be pretty cool. When I played WoW at release I had thought they were going to have something similar to DAOC. I was dissapointed to say the least. Then they introduced the honor system...I was dissapointed to say the least.

    Battlegrounds...dissapointed to say the least.

    The gameplay itself and the quests were fun, I just wasn't into the grinding and raiding so much.

    D.

    image

  • ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

    Originally posted by Pheace


     
     
     
     
    Disclaimer: Online experience may change .
     
    Something like that is almost always on the box :)
    That said, siege should be coming in the Wotlk expansion, it's planned at least :)

    How can they change something that is not in the game? :p

    The sieges in WoTLK will be half - assed and very limited compared to other games. atlest how its explained by now..

     

    Im going for age of conan instead :p

    Currently Playing Path of Exile

  • PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

    Originally posted by Proson


     
    Originally posted by Pheace


     
     
     
     
    Disclaimer: Online experience may change .
     
    Something like that is almost always on the box :)
    That said, siege should be coming in the Wotlk expansion, it's planned at least :)

     

    How can they change something that is not in the game? :p

    The sieges in WoTLK will be half - assed and very limited compared to other games. atlest how its explained by now..

     

    Im going for age of conan instead :p

     

     

    Lol, compared to what games, the only other game to have sieges I know of so far is Daoc ^^

     

    And Mythic is heavily into the WoW direction with their scenario's, crossserver queueing (planned) and less CC, 2 realms etc etc ^^

     

    Also, I wasn't expecting this game to be "Like Daoc" .... if I did why would i have left Daoc? :)

    image

  • ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

    There are three definitions for the word Siege, two fit the game and the third will be a wait and see;

    1 - The surrounding and blockading of a city, town, or fortress by an army attempting to capture it.

    There used to be some pretty fun times at the Crossroads in the Barrens which would have fallen into this definition and in a limited capacity so could the defense of towers in some BG's (i did say limited capacity)

    2 - A prolonged period, as of illness: a siege of WoW.

    I think pretty much every WoW addict can see the connection here

    3 - Obsolete. A seat, especially a throne.

    Well wow holds the throne at the moment and as i said before we will have to see how this definition pans out in time.

    Although even after saying all of that, i would still have to argue with the word 'Epic' before it, lol.

    It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

  • RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

    Pretty sure battlegrounds fall into the "epic seiges" categories, especially Alterac Valley.

    I've also raided many of the big player cities many times.  As well as other big PvP battles that have taken place randomly throughout the world.

    Also places like Hellfire Peninsula.

    It might not be the same as other games, but the battles feel pretty epic to me.

    Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

  • ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

    Originally posted by Recant


    Pretty sure battlegrounds fall into the "epic seiges" categories, especially Alterac Valley.
    I've also raided many of the big player cities many times.  As well as other big PvP battles that have taken place randomly throughout the world.
    Also places like Hellfire Peninsula.
    It might not be the same as other games, but the battles feel pretty epic to me.

    Yeah if u look at it that way, then i agree. there was some pretty fun times raiding diffrent citys like org and crossroads etc.  battlegrounds wasnt in at launch doh, i wish they never came either, ruined world pvp.

    But when i think of sieges im thinking more like you take over a city with siege weapons like catapults etc, more like the way that age of conan is going to have it.

    Currently Playing Path of Exile

  • WiznumbWiznumb Member Posts: 52

    Want epic sieges?

    Wait for Warhammer Online.

    Was an avid WoW player; hoping Wotlk brings new life to WoW . . . the itch never goes away!

  • PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

    Originally posted by Wiznumb


    Want epic sieges?
    Wait for Warhammer Online.
    Was an avid WoW player; hoping Wotlk brings new life to WoW . . . the itch never goes away!

     

    Maybe now after the beta people got in an uproar about the boredom of World pvP in Warhammer but before that Mythic stated themselves that Sieging in their game was probably not going to be what people were hoping it would be. it was more of a static "ow look I can hit the switch here and something happens" kind of stuff ^^

    image

  • ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544
    Originally posted by Wiznumb


    Want epic sieges?
    Wait for Warhammer Online.
    Was an avid WoW player; hoping Wotlk brings new life to WoW . . . the itch never goes away!

    Im rather gonna wait for age of conan then Warhammer.

    Currently Playing Path of Exile

  • Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

    If you took every game back that didn't include everything inside the box that was written on the outside of the box, you wouldn't have a game to play. 

    It's called marketing.  Since when does that have anything to do with real life.  If you think a box of condoms comes with a half naked blonde nympho, you're mistaken. :)

     

    image

  • shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 239


    Originally posted by Pappy13
    If you took every game back that didn't include everything inside the box that was written on the outside of the box, you wouldn't have a game to play. 
    It's called marketing.  Since when does that have anything to do with real life.  If you think a box of condoms comes with a half naked blonde nympho, you're mistaken. :)
     

    Haven't seen any condoms that have 'Descend into Epic Sex with ....' on it yet

Sign In or Register to comment.