Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unbalanced PvP will ultimately be the downfall of this game

yup.

wow = waiting on warhammer.

Comments

• DvsclarityDvsclarity Member Posts: 21

Is WAR even going to be any good? The video they had of clay people kind of scared me.

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Black_Elvis
    yup.

you need to be sniffing glue. PvP is only a mini-game in WoW. Some people love it, most dont, most do it to have something to do... the end-game raids is... you know what, its easier to just call you stupid.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

So the majority of WoW's subscribers pvp?

And WAR may or may not be good but you do realize EA is calling the shots now right?

DAoC before the EA buyout we still had 60,000'ish for peak world wide logins (mythic shows the numbers on their website).

After the EA changes... we are lucky to hit 12,000... worldwide.

Not sure I'd worry about WAR doing much to WoW... if EA wasn't involved.. maybe.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

yup.

haha, EA + Mythic + WoW clone = dodgy at best :)

Warhammer is about strategy and troop placement, Warhammer Online = WoW + Warhammer graphics.

• wenrjieewenrjiee Member Posts: 42

yup.

Maybe you haven't found the real happyness in PVP.

• iinnttddiinnttdd Member Posts: 47

PVP is one of the most campaign of wow.

• Sandman32Sandman32 Member Posts: 78

agreed OP

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114

In 10 years time we will be saying the unbalanced pvp is what did it for sure.  Sorry to say there is no such thing as balance in these games. The only way it can be balanced is if all had the same class,weap,armour etc.  It is really subjective what is balanced in any case. I think Blizzard do a fair job since they have to cater for balance for pvp and pve.

I find it amusing when a class says they lost to this certain person and how unbalanced it is.  When they name a person they lost to you can often see why they lost,  because of a big gear discrepancy.  No it isn't completely balanced  but they do a pretty decent job!. Name a mmorpg that does have perfect balance anyway?.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Originally posted by Pheace

yup.

Warhammer is about strategy and troop placement, Warhammer Online = WoW + Warhammer graphics.

/sarcasmon

Yup your right nothing new at all in WAR.  So I guess since you are one of the key developers and know all the ins and outs of the game (and obviously dont care about telling us about all the games features), please tell this beta tester everything about the game.  I know you devs have stated that the only original features were Public Quests, RvR, and the Tome, but you obviously have gone back on that and just copy and pasted WoW.  So what else do you plan to do with WAR developer Pheace?

/sarcasmoff

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Originally posted by vmoped

yup.

/sarcasmon

Yup your right nothing new at all in WAR.  So I guess since you are one of the key developers and know all the ins and outs of the game (and obviously dont care about telling us about all the games features), please tell this beta tester everything about the game.  I know you devs have stated that the only original features were Public Quests, RvR, and the Tome, but you obviously have gone back on that and just copy and pasted WoW.  So what else do you plan to do with WAR developer Pheace?

/sarcasmoff

Let me put it simply for you (since it seems it's needed).

1. Warhammer = Warhammer Online.

2. Warhammer Online = WoW.

Which do you think holds more truth? I can assure you it's 2 way way waaaaay over 1.

Just having a few tweaks to an incredibly redone MMO design ever since EQ (remember, WoW = remake of every MMO before it pretty much) does not make Warhammer Online any closer to Warhammer the tabletop.

But I'm sure you're gonna put on your pink blinders and do your utbest to try and convince us Warhammer is soooooooo much different from WoW.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    Originally posted by Antarious

So the majority of WoW's subscribers pvp?

And WAR may or may not be good but you do realize EA is calling the shots now right?

DAoC before the EA buyout we still had 60,000'ish for peak world wide logins (mythic shows the numbers on their website).

After the EA changes... we are lucky to hit 12,000... worldwide.

Not sure I'd worry about WAR doing much to WoW... if EA wasn't involved.. maybe.

haha couldn't agree with this more.....scary...

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Too bad Mythic is making Warhammer Online.

DAoC had some of the most horribly unbalanced PvP ever.

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Too bad Mythic is making Warhammer Online.
    DAoC had some of the most horribly unbalanced PvP ever.

Mythic's saving grace in that regard that actually made it bearable was that it had 3 realms, imo.

But in their infinite wisdom they decided to go with 2 for Warhammer lol, especially funny considering the tabletop has nearly every race fighting eachother so it could have been so much more interesting.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

You are an idiot.  They constantly unbalance and shift the balance between classes on purpose.  It keeps everything dynamic and makes the players that have to have the best class continue to roll new characters.  They know what they are doing when it comes to class balancing/unbalancing. 

The downfall of this game will be it's age in combination with Blizzard's next gen MMO.  I hope Warhammer is good enough to steal a huge amount of the player base though.  I'd like it if every six months a new game came out that destroyed all previous competition but don't get your hopes up.

• I think Warhammer Online might end up taking a part of WoW's pvp population if the game turns out to be what people expect/want.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Any serious PvPer with half a brain will play Warhammer if it turns out good.

• LordSicLordSic Member Posts: 142

every time i hear a non EvE player talk about pvp in another game all i can think is

Awwwwww

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by zethcarn

Any serious PvPer with half a brain would play any pvp mmorpg if it turns out good.  The thing is will it be any good?

The OP on the waiting on warhammer thing i am sorry thats just your opinion i'll be trying Warhammer but i aren't waiting for it and neither are numerous WOW players. This may shock you but some people playing WOW didnt even know what Warhammer is till i told them. Some wouldn't even care.

Originally posted by Thebigbopper

Originally posted by zethcarn

Any serious PvPer with half a brain would play any pvp mmorpg if it turns out good.  The thing is will it be any good?

The OP on the waiting on warhammer thing i am sorry thats just your opinion i'll be trying Warhammer but i aren't waiting for it and neither are numerous WOW players. This may shock you but some people playing WOW didnt even know what Warhammer is till i told them. Some wouldn't even care.

There's also people like me. I do a lot of PvP BUT if that's ALL a game has to offer (if the rest sucks for example) I'm out of there :) Besides, Warhammer PvP looks incredibly boring so far, combat mechanic wise.

• TheArzhAngelTheArzhAngel Member Posts: 159

You and any one els that call WOW´s pvp for : Pvp should have a slap over the f..., it has nothing to do whit pvp/rvr or fvf. ITs more or less, gw battles or cs instents.

But u are so right that the main thing that can break pvp in any game is the unbalanced classes.

Beta:
    GW, WOW, AOC, DAOC, DOD, L2, VG.
    Playd:
    GW necro msx, WOW never maxd, DAOC reaver-paladin-cabalist-vamp max, L2 never maxd, VG never maxd.

Play:
    Daoc - Paladin. Classic.

Originally posted by TheArzhAngel

You and any one els that call WOW´s pvp for : Pvp should have a slap over the f..., it has nothing to do whit pvp/rvr or fvf. ITs more or less, gw battles or cs instents.

But u are so right that the main thing that can break pvp in any game is the unbalanced classes.

That's your view ^^ I played Daoc for 3 years and I still easily call WoW's PvP , well, PvP :D

• CorodylCorodyl Member Posts: 122

yup.

WoW clone??? are you stupid? Quick put this helmet on and stand over there with the other special people.

Hmm maybe your just one of those people who had their cherry popped by wow?

Ahh well the special zone suits both crowds. Now just stay there and I'll get you your tickets for whatever tripe Disney's got out now.

Stay... stay... oh damn it stop drolling on yourself.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Can someone name a currently existing fantasy MMO which has:

- a similar number of skills, items etc available to each individual character?

- a similar variety of characters, taking into account the different classes and the ability to customise classes

- more balanced pvp

Now I know people are imagining that WhO or AoC will be some sort of magical improvement. But they aren't here, whilst WoW is. Even when these games arrive, there's  no guarantee they will be any better than any of the other next big thing MMO's that have been released over the last few years, promising so much and yet delivering so little.

Originally posted by Corodyl

yup.

WoW clone??? are you stupid? Quick put this helmet on and stand over there with the other special people.

Hmm maybe your just one of those people who had their cherry popped by wow?

Ahh well the special zone suits both crowds. Now just stay there and I'll get you your tickets for whatever tripe Disney's got out now.

Stay... stay... oh damn it stop drolling on yourself.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I played Daoc for 3 years.

Let's put it EVEN simpler.

Imagine Both Warcraft and Warhammer decide to make a CAR.

Warhammer CAR = Car with Warhammer graphics and some peripherals

WArcraft CAR = Car with WoW graphics and some different peripherals

If you compare them they're both OBVIOUSLY similar because they are CARS, Warcraft Car was there first. Warhammer didn't redesign a floating hovercraft or anything, no they copied the car design of Warcraft/Daoc and any other EQ MMO out there before it and just tweaked it a bit.

WARHAMMER the Tabletop? Nothing LIKE a Car unless you want to convince me the Warhammer Online game resembles the tabletop in any REAL way, I'd love to hear you try.