Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Q's

Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

i played a hunter til 64 (got him to 60 about 1 month before BC and could not get into a decent guild) i hated the fact that grouping was such a pain and that i missed out on a lot of raids.

so i am thinking of coming back (gonna try out the trial and if its good then i will buy a month).  i am stuck atm in deciding what to play

hunter was fun (only discovered beast mastery at lvl 55 and it was sweet) but the group thing REALLY pissed me off (made me quit in the end)

i loved playing a mage but the group question comes back.  i dont want to start a character only to find out they wont get invites

so these are the classes that i am considering

Priest (i love to grind instances)

shaman (i loved druid but i cant stand Taurens and hate NE so i figured shaman would be good for getting groups.  dont know about the long term appeal though)

Warlock (i like spells and i like pets.  i like to have a super pet and i support it but i cant help but feel that a warlock is too passive in this matter (dot dot dot watch pet pwn)

mage (played it before and loved it.  dont know if i would like it again)

because i havent played since February i dont really know how these classes play out or group anymore.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
-Solid non level based game
-Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

Comments

• RaitsesmanRaitsesman Member UncommonPosts: 215

If u want to get invites,make a priest. or pally. They are the most wanted classes in groups mostly

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Atm tanks (warriors, druid, perhaps paladins) are most demanded to groups. But every class except hunter, and sometimes rogue, should be able to find group easily.

If you choose a priest or a shaman, just remember that you need to be ready to heal, no matter what your spec. If you go to the instance telling "I refuse to use my abilities", you certainly won't get too many groups.

If you choose a mage or a lock you can only do 1 role (dps). But mages and lock are good at it, and you should be able to get groups.

EDIT: Before I forgot, I know only about the situation on WoW EU servers (mostly WoW EU PvE servers). The class distribution and the wanted classes may be diffirent elsewhere /EDIT

EDIT 2: Priests and shamans may also get invited to an instance to do dps. And they'll be decent at it (unless specced for healing), what they may lose in raw dps they do win in their group support ablities. Just, you can't play a priest or a shaman and except to never heal if you want to join pick up groups /EDIT

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

i was considering the priest for the grinding instances but i also like the shadow talent tree (after level 30 it seems to get very powerful).

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds

• SoulbutcherSoulbutcher Member UncommonPosts: 36

It gets "powerful" after 40 as u can go into Shadow Form then, if u mean the dps stuff...

hows the warlocks pet spec?  is it similar to the hunters beast mastery?

i like the idea of playing a shaman but does the hybrid stuff loose its value at later levels?  druids seem fine as long as their talent points stay in 1 tree.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Shamans do not lose value. I have a level 70 shammy friend and he is good in anything. Needed in healing there awesome, if needed for DPS there awesome as well. You jsut have to learn the class and the tree. Have gear for both and be ready for either role. Shamans are also alot of fun to play.l But the most group invites would go to a prot spec warrior or a holy spec priest.

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

i think i will go demonology warlock and maybe make a priest who will instance grind

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds