Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a business/economy simulation MMOG

alghoteealghotee Member Posts: 2

Looking for a serious business/economy simulation MMOG, web-based or not, P2P or F2P, with lots of players, the more complicated and difficult the better. The type of Industry Player or Capitalism (old one), with lots of markets, graphs, stocks, markets, shares and so on.

Will appriciate any help in finding something like that.

Comments

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Originally posted by alghotee

Looking for a serious business/economy simulation MMOG, web-based or not, P2P or F2P, with lots of players, the more complicated and difficult the better. The type of Industry Player or Capitalism (old one), with lots of markets, graphs, stocks, markets, shares and so on.
    Will appriciate any help in finding something like that.

Eve Online is as close as it gets. Add in massive warfare between corps also.

• nolpscpjnolpscpj Member Posts: 9

how is eve online's beggining player tutorials now, i tried it a couple of times and it really didnt make much sense

• MezmissMezmiss Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by nolpscpj

how is eve online's beggining player tutorials now, i tried it a couple of times and it really didnt make much sense

The tutorial has gotten better over the ages, but it's still quite lacking. At the end of it, it pretty much just sends you on your way with a little bit of isk in hand and an agent to start running missions with. Lets just say I've been playing it for only seven months and I'm still finding multiple subjects to spend hours studying up on for this game. If you don't like reading... and you can't find a mentor... well lets just say there is a reason it doesn't have 9 million+ subscribers.

To the OP.

EVE is an amazing game for economy; trading raw materials, production ranging from bullets to ships, researched items, or just playing the economy from system to system. It takes a while to get into it, but if you got the time and patience to learn it, it is by far one of the most fun and advanced games you will play to date. To note the one thing I find the biggest draw to EVE for myself is actually the politics between players in the game and how conflicts effect the economy. Anyways give it a try, just don't expect it to be fast, easy, or forgiving.

• alghoteealghotee Member Posts: 2

I know what EVE-online is, played it for a while couple of years back, but stopped because of huge amounts of time it required. I really like this game, in fact i think its awesome, but i just don't have that much time to play it. Tho i still find myself on the verge of coming back to EVE from time to time.

• VladikoVladiko Member Posts: 35

Eve online economy is as complex as I have ever seen in a game. Some people are completely turned off by the spaceship only type of game. Some love it since it has such a big following. I found the game to have many more mature players then in other games I have played. I have canceled my account recently to try a game where I can look a enemy in his eyes. After a while of play I will come back if the new game does not hold interest.