Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beware of codemasters billing

herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Ok here the story.Back in may i decided to take the 6 months account.I got billed twice then for £35 x 2  and phoned in.

To be fair the guy on the phone was nice and refunded my money for the extra billing within a week.

In july i sort of stop playing so in october anticpating a second billing i went to cancel my account and did so getting the usual yes/no and in end it told me i still had about 50 days left.

I never logged in after that again and decided to uninstall LOTRO and be done with it.

Now  today i get a bill saying CM have taken another  £35!

I then went to the billing section of LOTRO EU and bam i have an active account yet again!

So in effect their system is recognizing 2 billings for 1 account for me .

Ofc  i phoned and i am told that there is no CSR till 2nd of january.

Be weary guys.I  have played mmorpg since 1998 and never seen such an issue.

Hopefully they will see that i got doubled billed in past and see its their fault

If not then maybe i will take them to small claims court .

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Im sure it is all a misunderstanding and the issue will be ixed.

But it does remind me of that AOL mentality. Once you sign up you are theirs until they release you.

Torrential

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

If you signed for six months, you Will be billed for six month,
    you ain't getting away from that...
    Now I don't know what LoTRO costs per month but I wouldn't complain until the 6 months are over or they exceed the total amount those 6 months cost.

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Similiar thing happened to me with ultima reborn. Got myself the 14 day trail to see what it was like and canceled my account the next day, imagine my suprise when i discovered 2 weeks later my credit card statement had a payment made out to EA games "ultima reborn" i tried to contact them about it and ask why they just thieved cash from my card ( didnt actually say thieved, i was nice honest :P ) but i just fell on deaf ears

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

erm, actually, i had one with the very first MMo i ever played that i payed for, which was EQ1. I never got a refund either for 3 mths of billing on a cancelled account, all i got was an offer of 3 mths free play which i never used. Being me i just gave up arguing with them (had done it for almost a year when i first bought the game).

It was an all in 1 edition box set of ruins of kunark+scars of velios + extra's + maps, after a couple of mths getting no where on teh forums (ruins of kunark key would not work) i sent the game back, only after 2 letters (2nd one pronouncing i will be seeking legal terms) did i even hear anything back (thank god i took a photocopy of the recorded delivery package). However what i got back was shite, 2 very old and faded game box's with just a cd in a plastic sleeve in each bos and an apology scribbled on a torn strip of paper. No instructions, no maps, none of the extra's.

I lasted 1 week and cancelled my account, 3 mths later after i got a bank statement through the post i noticed i had been billed for the past 3 months. Logged into my account and saw that i had no active subscription. Took me 2 weeks to get sorted but i never got a refund and justr gave up trying after all teh hassle i had. This was THE main reason why i hate SoE.

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

Give it some time, they'll refund it in full.

Obviously you've never played Horizons. It took me FOUR months to get off their billing list -- I got it all back, eventually, but it was a royal pain. Every month they'd bill me, even though I hit the cancel button ater the first two weeks, and every month I'd have to send them emails asking to cancel... AGAIN. I finally got in touch with the right person and got it fixed.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

actually i was in the closed beta for that one and didnt bother see'ing the last  week through or purchasing the game either. The main reason was they knew it was a buggy game, had not patched it (before i left) and had filed for bankruptcy proceedings<--- was a major factor of me not buying the game.

After a while, it wasnt even spoken about much, untill earlier this year, with an add on here, but i wasnt even going to go check it out, no point.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

The fact they refunded you before swiftly should mean a swift refund this time.

Come whining here if they dont by all means but understand these things happen and it is the time of year most offices run limited hours. Give them a chance to fix it.