Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Intercepted Missives

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

A post on the Pirates of the Burning Sea official site has word of intercepted messages hinting that a large number of resources will be available in Auction Houses, and with political tensions mounting, evidence suggests that war may be on the horizon.

Something is afoot in the Caribbean! Intercepted missives have begun to surface; fueling rumors that nefarious plans are unfolding that threaten to escalate the already precarious political tensions to a fevered pitch.

An interesting rumor of note suggests that captains on the Burning Sea will want to watch the Auction Houses at their respective home ports, as leaders of the four factions are said to be preparing for all out war.

Sources close to Auction House officials have hinted that large shipments of critical resources will be made available to Auction House customers as early as tomorrow, Saturday, December 29th!

This all suggests that something big is on the horizon for Sunday, December 30th. Our contacts are hard at work seeking for more information, so we’ll be sure to report additional details related to the timing of Sunday’s events in short order!

Read more here.

Comments

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

hm, the dorfs of IronForge are probably supplying all sides with guns and ammo.

wish i was playing *snif*

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

Yer if its anything like the end of closed beta get ready for lvl up items & to grab yourself a ship for 1db with enough ammo to blast your way kingdom come!

• AlokiaAlokia Member Posts: 11

Don't get too excited, the AH is broken and most people can't use it. The server keeps crashing and now nobody can log on at the time of this post.

• vaizardvaizard Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Alokia

Don't get too excited, the AH is broken and most people can't use it. The server keeps crashing and now nobody can log on at the time of this post.

Broken game?

• stine96stine96 Member UncommonPosts: 45

Hmmm lets see no loot of players = no point in being a pirate. Yeah I would say its broken.

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

Ahh so $oe is ready to ship i take it.

In fairness gameplay was pretty good before they had every single player in beta trying to use he AH. AH stress test I guess, btw they are using 1/6th the number of servers for open beta that they will have at launch.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

I call BS, i was playing just the other day, runs smooth and none of that is true.

In fairness gameplay was pretty good before they had every single player in beta trying to use he AH. AH stress test I guess, btw they are using 1/6th the number of servers for open beta that they will have at launch.

I am quite sure, just like they have OVER the number of players per server they are going to have at launch (The raised the number of people per sever higher than they will cap it for launch, to test elbowroom of the servers) they are testing the  max stress the AH can take. Again, by throwing more at it than necessary.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

I call BS, i was playing just the other day, runs smooth and none of that is true.

I am quite sure, just like they have OVER the number of players per server they are going to have at launch (The raised the number of people per sever higher than they will cap it for launch, to test elbowroom of the servers) they are testing the  max stress the AH can take. Again, by throwing more at it than necessary.

Feel free to call BS on whatever you want. Intercepted Massives started at about 7PM CMT Dec 29 07.

Once the servers went live the AH was overloaded for hours and couldn't be used, then the server would drop every now and again. I tried logging in hours later and the SOE log on servers failed (wasn't just PotBS I tried Planetside as well). Go check the official forums beta thread.

So save your BS for someone else.

• treefittytreefitty Member Posts: 260

FLS intentionally overloaded the servers. This isn't a free trial or retail, this is beta where they test the load the servers can take. If you played the beta thinking it was going to be like retail then your poorly mistaken.

The whole reason everyone was playing was to find bugs, fix crashes, overload the servers, etc. So retail would have somewhat of a smooth launch.

This is FLS's first mmo and I think they did a fine job. The genre is unlike any other out there. I don't hold it to Voyage Century or Booty Bay cause it isn't in the same ball park.

I'm glad it isn't a "WoW clone". Hopefully it will never be that :). Keep the kiddies in the WoW. So we can enjoy the niche game which is POTBS.

Yes, I know, I am a fanboi. Isn't it great. Haven't even played retail.