Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE is no longer the PvP game it once was.

ZeknichovZeknichov Member Posts: 98

It is too easy to accumulate isk in empire that players in 0.0 have alternate accounts or characters sitting in empire generating isk for them with little to no player effort.  The problem is there's far too much isk in the economy but the high supply of items combined with reprocessing for low-sec/0.0 minerals from high-sec missions is creating 0 inflation.  The only items you see inflation on are the best named items.  This allows players to accumulate wealth at zero risk and then PvP with this wealth as they see fit.  In the past you needed to enter low-sec/0.0 to accumulate wealth.  This is no longer the case and thus EVE is no longer the PvP game it once was.  There's no risk to PvP as players can choose when to PvP seeing as how empire provides all the tools for quick wealth accumulation.

Comments

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

Well this game is getting to ressemble a lot like RuneScape the PvP in RuneScape has been killed on 10th December.

• ZeknichovZeknichov Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by kesleri

Well this game is getting to ressemble a lot like RuneScape the PvP in RuneScape has been killed on 10th December.

Even browsing the EVEO forums I can see the change in players.  Someone makes a topic about dying in low-sec and there's actually a discussion about dying not being fun.  Where's all the risk vs reward, haha you died posts that would have flooded the forum 2 years ago?  EVE hit 45k a while ago and at the last economic report the DR. said 90% of people play in empire 10% in 0.0.  So there's 4500 PvPers left on EVE.  Or perhaps the data was scewed since most PvPers have characters in empire funding their PvPPing in 0.0.

To add insult to injury I made a topic describing the decline of PvP in EVE and more than one player told me EVE wasn't just a PvP game.  I'd have never saw a post like that 2 years ago.  Two years ago I'd have heard how everything in EVE is done at a PvP level.  Production/Research/etc... all influences PvP and EVE is a PvP game.

I like to compare EVE to WoW just because of the bad rep WoW has with players not playing it.  Empire is the WoW world and 0.0 is battlegrounds.  Only at least in WoW you need to enter BGs to get PvP gear.  I can be fully equipped PvP wise in EVE from empire alone.  There was once a time when players left empire in search of higher reward.  They came to the realization that if they stayed in empire forever it would take them months to afford a single battleship.  So players advanced financially by moving out to low-sec and eventually 0.0.  I wish for those days back.  I do not enjoy new players making 100M isk at 0 inflation in a month.  Nor do I enjoy invulnerable alliances in 0.0 funding their PvP through alts in empire.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

This would be true if empire was safe.

Can i have your stuff?

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• ZeknichovZeknichov Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

This would be true if empire was safe.

Can i have your stuff?

You think as a PvPers I've given up so easily?  No you see I'm in 4 empire wars ATM.  Takes a hell of a long time to blow POSes in high-sec though.  I want my dread.

• FinwolvenFinwolven Member Posts: 289

Don't confuse simultaneous players with active accounts. You said 'EVE hit 45k', of which '90% is in hi-sec' and thus deducted that there's 4500 PVP'rs left in EVE total at the moment.

EVE has 200 000 (200k) active subscriptions. Plus. The 45k figure is people at one time online at the same server. That's an impressive figure, since it's a world record and EVE keeps upping the line all the time.

As for PVP being 'lost cause', well, try telling that to the Alliances and their players. Sure, 90% of players may sit safely in hi-sec, but that still leaves 20 000 players in low-no-sec. Oh, and don't forget: I'm currently hanging in hi-sec because I have something to do there, but I'm no complete and utter carebear, which you will find if you encounter me and my corpmates in space, anywhere, anytime.

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by Zeknichov

Even browsing the EVEO forums I can see the change in players.  Someone makes a topic about dying in low-sec and there's actually a discussion about dying not being fun.  Where's all the risk vs reward, haha you died posts that would have flooded the forum 2 years ago?  EVE hit 45k a while ago and at the last economic report the DR. said 90% of people play in empire 10% in 0.0.  So there's 4500 PvPers left on EVE.  Or perhaps the data was scewed since most PvPers have characters in empire funding their PvPPing in 0.0.

To add insult to injury I made a topic describing the decline of PvP in EVE and more than one player told me EVE wasn't just a PvP game.  I'd have never saw a post like that 2 years ago.  Two years ago I'd have heard how everything in EVE is done at a PvP level.  Production/Research/etc... all influences PvP and EVE is a PvP game.

I like to compare EVE to WoW just because of the bad rep WoW has with players not playing it.  Empire is the WoW world and 0.0 is battlegrounds.  Only at least in WoW you need to enter BGs to get PvP gear.  I can be fully equipped PvP wise in EVE from empire alone.  There was once a time when players left empire in search of higher reward.  They came to the realization that if they stayed in empire forever it would take them months to afford a single battleship.  So players advanced financially by moving out to low-sec and eventually 0.0.  I wish for those days back.  I do not enjoy new players making 100M isk at 0 inflation in a month.  Nor do I enjoy invulnerable alliances in 0.0 funding their PvP through alts in empire.

Not sure if you are complaining about a lack of PVP, or a lack of targets to gank that have no chance to fight back.

In EVE you basically have to make a choice, outfit your ships to PVP, making them useless for farming or outfit them for PVE, making your only choice when other players show up is to flee to a nearby POS or safespot.

I think you are bemoaning the fact that players can farm ISK more safely in Empire and then show up to PVP when the terms are more equal and fair.  If so, then too bad for you.

There's no honor in killing targets that have no chance to fight back.  While its happened to me on several occasions, I won't do it myself.  The only PVP I do is in fleet actions or on campaigns as part of our overall war objectives.  Random ganking of PVE'ers just has no appeal.

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by Zeknichov

EVE hit 45k a while ago and at the last economic report the DR. said 90% of people play in empire 10% in 0.0.  So there's 4500 PvPers left on EVE.  Or perhaps the data was scewed since most PvPers have characters in empire funding their PvPPing in 0.0.

or this was not a good data set.. which it wasn't. This was not a time trend analysis but a snapshot of where characters were at one downtime including all characters on an account. As such we can't draw anything but a uneducated, shot-in-the-dark guess because the information doesn't really tell us anything.

The only thing we can determine is that a majority of players HATE pos warfare. Be honest one of my main hesitations of returning to 0.0 is having to get involved in that stupid stuff. Sadly instead of moving away from the POS System CCP keeps doing stuff to push people back into doing it with the Sov. mechanics.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

They did say that the current mechanic is unsatisfying and want to move away from the current system. Which lets me hope that we could see a change there.