Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation; lotro

Dear gamers that are looking for a new mmorpg to play,

I've heared loads of people are trying to find another mmorpg at this point since WoW brought loads of new players to the genre, but loads of players are also leaving WoW.

I found that when I stopped playing WoW and started to play lotro, I absolutely HATED lotro. I thought; bad animations, crappy UI, and not much story at all!

But then I played up to lvl15 and boom. Epic story quest-line kicks in and you feel a bit ashamed thinking badly about this game.

Also, I found the option "animation smoothnes" Lol. I moved it to the highest setting and voila, no more crappy animation. Yes, it's that simple;)

If you have doubt about lotro as your next mmorpg,  lvl to at least lvl15 for the epic quest-line to start. It's a huge difference, one that I've noticed as well and made me keep playing this game instead of uninstalling it!

I've heared so many people saying; played the trial for 1 day and uninstalled it! Well, I can totally UNDERSTAND! So I hope this ittle advice makes sence.

Just a little advice

Comments

• OrihuelaOrihuela Member Posts: 115

Good advice for the new comers! :)

• FiredornFiredorn Member UncommonPosts: 93

My advice to any person playing a trial.  Play it through 'til the end.  You don't know what gems may be hidden in a game.  4 hours of a trial is nothing compared to what you can gain if you play through the entrie alloted time.  They allow you to play 3,7,14, whatever days for a reason...by that time you should get a good feel for the game.  It's not just to give you more time with it, it's for you to be able to reach the "point of no return", that is where you just want to continue.  Give these trials a chance.

Oh...and LOTRO rox!

• lindhskylindhsky Member UncommonPosts: 162

I have to agree 100 %. At the beginning I felt like it was a "so so" game, but the world kept me playing and around 15 I fell in love with the game. A lot of my friends tried it out as well, but just like you said, they tried it to level 5 or 8 and  then uninstalled it.

I kept playing for a month or two, but without my friends I didn't have as much fun as I could since it was a lot of groupquests later on. But now after a couple of free expansions I am back and I love it more than ever even though my friends still are playing WOW. I love the quests, I love the community, the graphic and I love Ettenmoors - something I was afraid that I wouldn't enjoy because of the playersVSmonsters, but it is extremely fun.

So I can recommend it as well. :) 

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Thats probably the main reason the first 10 levels of any MMMORPg are likely as important as the end game. If they dont sell the game to a player in the first day or two...they likely have lost the player for good.

Torrential

• Kon85Kon85 Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Czzarre

Thats probably the main reason the first 10 levels of any MMMORPg are likely as important as the end game. If they dont sell the game to a player in the first day or two...they likely have lost the player for good.
    Torrential
    And that is why I wanted to make this topic:)

Anyway, the fact that more people feel this way is great, we should let people know that they've made a mistake after playing lotro to lvl 8 and saying it sucks. Because now they've wasted money on tabula rasa:P (jk)

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Kon85

Torrential
    And that is why I wanted to make this topic:)

Anyway, the fact that more people feel this way is great, we should let people know that they've made a mistake after playing lotro to lvl 8 and saying it sucks. Because now they've wasted money on tabula rasa:P (jk)

But, what about those of us who kept trying to level 30, and still found a lackluster game...or those people who played to 50 and found no end game...

What about those who left, and kept coming back after each patch in the hopes things would be better, and it was just the same...

I will say this...find a large guild with a variance of player levels, with people who play at your hours, and like to use voice chat, and do not mind doing certain things over and over..and you will find a very enjoyable game in LOTRO.

• JasPlunJasPlun Member Posts: 155

Torrential

I agree 100 percent to this post. Too many games that fail happen in the 1st 10 levels,If a game developer is smart he would focus heavily on the 1st impression. WoW had a great feel to it the 1st 10 levels and look where it went. Eve online has the worst start to a game I have ever played and while it may be one of the best mmo's in the world after 3 mos. of play, But most gamers do not want to wait 3 mos. to finally get into and enjoy a game.

• Kon85Kon85 Member Posts: 88

In Lotro, a casual player can get to lvl 15 and the epic storyline start in a few days. A more hardcore player can reach that in 1 day.

I can't believe so many people don't play a mmorpg up to lvl 15 and already say it sucks. I completely agree that a mmorpg shouldn't start to be fun at the later lvl's, but what is lvl15? Not much if you ask me. So that's why I gave this little advice/warning. Don't miss out on this mmo because of these boring first few lvl's:)