Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Female Writing Position... so close

If you havent checked out the article about the needed female columist for AC go read it.... Damn I would have picked up that job in a mintue if I was a girl. sorry just complaining.

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    If it is an actual job that would be what is referred to as "sexual discrimination" image.  If turned down for a position such as that (if this is a "real" job through the company) for basis of sex, you could surely sue.  image

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

• XEyeSpyXXEyeSpyX Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by vrtldave

If you havent checked out the article about the needed female columist for AC go read it.... Damn I would have picked up that job in a mintue if I was a girl. sorry just complaining.

Where would this be found? image

-=EyeSpy=-
    -=Game Reviewer=-

-=EyeSpy=-
    -=Game Reviewer=-

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602
    Temerarious.net a gaming site dedicated to "girl gamers" is looking for a writer to produce columns for Anarchy Online.  The pre-requisites for the job are:

1. You must be a female.  Note that being a "girlie man" does not count.
    2. You will need good writing skills
    3. You will have to review the game + expansions
    4. You will need to keep a weekly Column about experiences in the game

Perks will include a free account to AO.  Interested?  Contact [email protected] to apply.

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558

I dont think this is sexual disrimantion they are just looking for a females point of view. they are denying you because you are not qqualified to answer from that point of view.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Sexism! (not that I really care, people should be able to hire who they want or dont want to.) I"M SUEING!.....

Ya. I need the money for a new car. Easiest way I can think of.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by vrtldave
    I dont think this is sexual disrimantion they are just looking for a females point of view. they are denying you because you are not qqualified to answer from that point of view.

geez, some people just don't quite catch sarcasm

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

points and laughs and dumbass(vrtldave)

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     My friend would probably be interested in doing this.. Although she doesn't have the greatest writing skills, she is female. And that would make her the second female gamer out of possibly thousands of male people wanting this job image.

Sky and Beyond: Developer
    www.skyandbeyond.tk

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • GalootGaloot Member Posts: 177

Hmmm... I'd like to see the brave soul that came out and said a certain job was open to males only.

Double standard? You bet it is. But I'm a sexist because I pointed it out.

• GalootGaloot Member Posts: 177

"I dont think this is sexual disrimantion"

Let's test your theory. Place an ad stating that females need not apply. I hope you are a multi-millionaire and feel very guilty about being one because you will not be one for long.

• StukovStukov Member Posts: 180

We live in a world of double standards :)

Anyways, yea...I'd certainly love the job. I'm an AO fan, and meet all those requirements with the exception of the whole female part. Maybe I'll start a male gamers site! ;)

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Hmm..this could be interesting..maybe I will apply for it :)

• crockcrock Member Posts: 556

nice job funcom!!!!::::01::::::01::::::01::::::01::

next step should be homosexuals only(only males) reviews

Note that being " stright machos" doesnt count::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08:::

• EmilinEmilin Member Posts: 94

Um.. What about just saying you're a female and sign up as your wife/girl-friend/mom or whatever?

>image>image>image>image>image>image>image>>image

• ZimokZimok Member Posts: 266
    then you would be retarded

---------------------------------
    Zimok - PS - Emerald
    Zimok - SWG - Bloodfin

• EmilinEmilin Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by Zimok

It was a joke.

P.S - And I AM a female just not interested. Read the Name, retard! Does that sound like a dude's name to you?

• Kurtz13Kurtz13 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by Emilin

Originally posted by Zimok

It was a joke.

P.S - And I AM a female just not interested. Read the Name, retard! Does that sound like a dude's name to you?

Yea, but maybe you signed up as your wife/girl-friend/mom or whatever

Achiever 73%
    Explorer 53%
    Killer 46%
    Socializer 26%

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Galoot

Hmmm... I'd like to see the brave soul that came out and said a certain job was open to males only.
    Double standard? You bet it is. But I'm a sexist because I pointed it out.

*light the pires*

*grin*

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

I bet if you get a really good make up helper person they can make you look liike a women... like Mrs. Doubtire.... hehehe... but you might loose more money like that...

Originally posted by crock

nice job funcom!!!!::::01::::::01::::::01::::::01::
    Note that being " stright machos" doesnt count::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08:::

Figured I'd clear this up. This has NOTHING to do with Funcom. Its a 3rd party site, in no way associated with Funcom...:/

• crockcrock Member Posts: 556

Originally posted by Stukov
    Originally posted by crock
    nice job funcom!!!!
    Note that being " stright machos" doesnt count:
    Figured I'd clear this up. This has NOTHING to do with Funcom. Its a 3rd party site, in no way associated with Funcom...:/

"Perks will include a free account to AO. Interested? Contact [email protected] to apply."

cool ...3rd party sites can give u free play time in AO
    ::::37::::::37::

I'd assume that the owners of said site will be paying for it, hence it being free for the person who gets the job.