Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF XI compared to FF XII

fatpandafatpanda Member UncommonPosts: 116

So my girlfriend like FFXII a lot. How is FFXI the same ? How is it different? She's never played an MMO , she tried  WOW but didn't really like. That's probably my fault though, kept hovering over her telling her what to do etc. So FF XII and KOTOR 1 and 2 she loves. Would she like FFXI?

Comments

• xXSeraphielXxXSeraphielX Member Posts: 107

Very Very different games. FFXI Requires alot of time to play... very little soloing, and extremely group centric. Great game, change jobs when you want, lots of content. Very fun.. but nothing like FFXII

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Originally posted by fatpanda

So my girlfriend like FFXII a lot. How is FFXI the same ? How is it different? She's never played an MMO , she tried  WOW but didn't really like. That's probably my fault though, kept hovering over her telling her what to do etc. So FF XII and KOTOR 1 and 2 she loves. Would she like FFXI?

No she will not, I thought I would and got gravely dissapointed when I got in the game that made me uninstall it again after patching it for 5-7 hours. Its not even close to either wow and definetly not FFXII.

• fatpandafatpanda Member UncommonPosts: 116

Thank you both for the quick and informative posts. Yeah she'd probably like to solo mostly. Well I'll just have to wait (and cross my fingers) for a KOTORMMORPG. We could play that together :)

Thanks again

• xXSeraphielXxXSeraphielX Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by fatpanda

Thank you both for the quick and informative posts. Yeah she'd probably like to solo mostly. Well I'll just have to wait (and cross my fingers) for a KOTORMMORPG. We could play that together :)

Thanks again

I am dreaming and praying that it is not a rumor. Bioware holds a special place in my heart and I will play pretty much whatever they make... though they are allied with the devil now (EA) so we shall see.....

• iinnttddiinnttdd Member Posts: 47

It's a pity that i never heard of FF XII, but I think they may totally different.

• fatpandafatpanda Member UncommonPosts: 116

FF XII is a single player game for the PS2. It seems to have the same look at FF XI so thats why I asked. Need to get her addicted to some MMO right

• dreammakerdreammaker Member Posts: 16

lol the 5 hour patch I think was worth the 2 years I put in the game, it is the most high quality MMO I have ever played. played 6-8th grade, I had so much fun.

• DesuDesu Member Posts: 60

i dont see why people keep saying this is extremely team oriented. I havn't teamed ONCE and im having a great time leveling up and doin quests

• TomohrTomohr Member Posts: 14

what level are you exactly? cause it takes quite a bit of group play once you get to the right levels or you are going to be taking a very slow and painful road to 75...

this was the first mmo I played and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I think if I ever have an mmo right now that I can always go back to it will be this one, I just like the look of it a lot, and the community on the whole is much more mature than most

gl

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

FFXI is similar to FFXII because both of them are what we call "traditional RPG"

FFXII is single player game but FFXI does follow the old traditional RPG format even it is a MMO.

To use WoW as a comparsion. WoW is pretty much a game that gave out everything in the beginning. You won't get much differences from level 1-20 then 60-70. (doing the same collect/kill xX/ and getting same skills) however you will change alot in FFXI from fighting different and i mean "very different" type of stuff as you go.

However, FFXI is completely different. The traditional RPG always start out players with little or no skill. As they progress, you get more skill and the fighting become faster and difficult. They do get "unique" skills (not tier 2 tier 3... I hate WoW for @ level 1 you get fireball 1 and @ level 70 you get fireball 10.,..)

While it is terriblely slow leveling soloing at beginning it become very fast as you team.

FFXI follow the traditional RPG where you start alone and collect teammates as you go.

Of course, it wouldn't be fun if you just skip everything as well.

none

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

ugh. PLEASE don't compare FFXI to WoW. It's like comparing good sushi to a Big Mac.

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

Its response to the third poster who said "wow" is better then "FFXI", i am using comparsion to tell the differences.

none

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Why the hell would you want your girl to get addicted to a mmo anyway.

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Nothing similiar between the two other then the name.Your comparng a single player RPG to a MMO.Two completely different kind of games my friend.

If your a casual player FFXI is tough to get into becasue you cant do anything wthout groups and it takes sometimes hours to get a group.I tried and liked the game untill i was using my entire play time looking for groups.I only play a coule hours a day if that.that game was really hard to get anywhere in solo.Not that its a bad game it was a fun game just hard to log on and get something done in a short amount of time.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

If she enjoyed XII then yes, she'll like XI. They share the same style of real-time combat, same looting system, etc etc. The graphics in XII are superior, but XI is pretty old now and still looks great anyway--and also, XI is more light-hearted than XII's matureness. But tell her to prepare for the long grind if she decides to start up..much, much, much more than XII.

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by tkreep

So she won't nag you while your playing YOUR MMO?

So that you might play games together?

Because she might enjoy it?

Three reasons off the top of my head....

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by tkreep

So she won't nag you while your playing YOUR MMO?

So that you might play games together?

Because she might enjoy it?

Three reasons off the top of my head....

But then some people play games to get away from them for a bit without cheating on them.  Or she might meet some other guy online and leave you, I have seen that happen to a friend of mine in WoW.  And she might be so addicted she might not want to fuck as often.