Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mac Install Issues

NebPRIMENebPRIME Member Posts: 1
Someone help, I have downloaded Shadowbane on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4.9 with Bootcamp Publc Beta converted to Windows XP due to the fact I cant download from fileplanet or utilize account management at chonicles.ubi.com with Safari. It just is not supported.( i.e. This is not my machine and the owner did not let me download mozilla to save time. ) So I simply switch to Windows for IE, download it port it to my external and expand it in Mac OS after I downloaded Stuffit. So all is well and finally I have installed the program to his Mac internal hard drive. I booted the program it initiated the patcher which I assume is the launcher as well, now this is where I screwed up a mac system pop up appeared and was X'd out by an ignorant bystander. I assumed it needed a reboot or something but every time I load the application the top menu bar is called "Shadowbane Patcher" and the load screen shows blank text boxes and dead links. Anyone have an idea pls share it. THANKS>

He is I and I am Him

Comments

• lauxeslauxes Member Posts: 88
    sorry, dude.. dont know what to tell u i have never fooled with a mac :( wish i could help but im sure someone out there will give you a helping hand
  • Donovan85Donovan85 Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by NebPRIME

Someone help, I have downloaded Shadowbane on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4.9 with Bootcamp Publc Beta converted to Windows XP due to the fact I cant download from fileplanet or utilize account management at chonicles.ubi.com with Safari. It just is not supported.( i.e. This is not my machine and the owner did not let me download mozilla to save time. ) So I simply switch to Windows for IE, download it port it to my external and expand it in Mac OS after I downloaded Stuffit. So all is well and finally I have installed the program to his Mac internal hard drive. I booted the program it initiated the patcher which I assume is the launcher as well, now this is where I screwed up a mac system pop up appeared and was X'd out by an ignorant bystander. I assumed it needed a reboot or something but every time I load the application the top menu bar is called "Shadowbane Patcher" and the load screen shows blank text boxes and dead links. Anyone have an idea pls share it. THANKS>

i also have a mac i had the same problem i searched for 4days and i just gave up and bought the game on amazon to buy it and the expansion packs

copy paist it

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_vg/104-4409007-2418308?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=shadowbane&x=0&y=0

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

The problem is that you are dealing with a Mac.

ya im going to buy a pc just for games cuz macs are not great for gaming

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

To get most games that do not work you must play around and add things to the CFG files etc. I am not sure about SB on Mac cause I don't have it on MAC but check the net and google how to get games working on MAC.

• Unicorns_PwnUnicorns_Pwn Member Posts: 427

The problem isn't the mac nor is it a matter of a mac being "gay"

These forums are in bad enough shape and now we see posts that belong on places like  battle.net forums. Seriously guys, way to lower the standard that much more.

has anyone downloaded shadowbane for a mac on a web site? because after the long 4 days a sereaching i dont think that theres one that works so i just bought the game

Originally posted by Unicorns_Pwn

These forums are in bad enough shape and now we see posts that belong on places like  battle.net forums. Seriously guys, way to lower the standard that much more.

make you feel bettter now that i edited it...

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Unicorns_Pwn

Huh? These forums are pretty much for anything. Hes having problems getting SB to run on his MAC and asking for help. Last time I checked SB was a MMO and these are the only forums that get responses back to the OP within seconds sometimes.

Just because this is a strictly MMORPG site doesn't mean they have to stay with MMO game only forums. I am glad they have off-topic and general forums. Without them this site would pretty much be dead for allot of us. Talking about other things with other players is fun.

• StuheroStuhero Member Posts: 143

Does your mac have the new intel chips or G5?. Boot camp does not work on G5 or earlier chips.