Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve graphic problem

Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

Well this started when i got my new moniter, Samsun 22". I am running in 1600x1200, when in space i see 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, like if u try to play a widescreen dvd on a normal tv or somthing. I cant still put stuff on the bars and my speed/weps ect. is on them and they work. but i dont see space. I just see black. i can put chat boxes there and they work fine. When i dock its full screen, no bars or anything. Im very confused. It worked fine with this moniter docked and un-docked for a few days. Also, when im in my hulk mining, instead of hearing the actual noise of the strip miners when they go off, i hear beeps.... its anoying. Any suggestions plz?

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Could you post a screenshot please?

• greywolf8404greywolf8404 Member Posts: 123

if you haven't already tried Eve tech support I would. It does take them a little while to get back with you but I have always found them helpfull

"And thus I clothe my naked villany/ with old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ/ and seem a saint when most I play the devil." Shakespeare's Richard III Act I Scene 3.

• BluefixBluefix Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Hades_Warpig

Well this started when i got my new moniter, Samsun 22". I am running in 1600x1200, when in space i see 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, like if u try to play a widescreen dvd on a normal tv or somthing. I cant still put stuff on the bars and my speed/weps ect. is on them and they work. but i dont see space. I just see black. i can put chat boxes there and they work fine. When i dock its full screen, no bars or anything. Im very confused. It worked fine with this moniter docked and un-docked for a few days. Also, when im in my hulk mining, instead of hearing the actual noise of the strip miners when they go off, i hear beeps.... its anoying. Any suggestions plz?

Have you turned on the widescreen setting in Eve? If you have; turn it off.

• FinwolvenFinwolven Member Posts: 289

Yeah, it sounds like you have the 'widescreen' setting on from the menu, press esc, go to graphics tab and unselect it.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Its the widescreen graphical option.

I have mine online as i like it like that gives the game a neater look especially as it means my icons are not blurred out by nebulas.

To switch it off go the options screen and find the Widescreen tab and de-select it

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• slannmageslannmage Member Posts: 540

I know Widescreen is borked but thats about it lol.

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

ty guys it worked!