Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well Done Turbine :D

slythsslyths Member UncommonPosts: 208

Guys.. this game is really rocks... thank you Turbine u've done a good job...

Comments

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by slyths

Uhhh....did you just start this game?

What else have you played?

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Does it really matter .

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

glad to hear u like it, id love to see ur reaction after a few months though...

I was all excited bout LOTRO, still think its a great game but it  lacks zones and content, thats the main reason i quit after 3 or 4 months.

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253

this game is really good depending on your playstyle...

for me it got boring after 3 - 4 weeks, but I really enjoyed it in the first place...

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

• SynadilSynadil Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by openedge1

I like the game quite a lot. Been playing since the open beta.

As to your second question...

EQ, AO, Horizons, EQ2, WoW, AC2, CoH,

plus I tested MXO, Tabula Rasa and a couple others that sucked harder than Horizons even...

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Synadil

plus I tested MXO, Tabula Rasa and a couple others that sucked harder than Horizons even...

Ah okay nice.... I dont know though, it just seems it has to few zones and content or am I wrong?

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

I love the game, too. I've been playing since July, and have played WoW, EQ2, Vanguard, Lineage 2, Daoc, Ultima Online, and FFXI!

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Mate

I can help but notice you are on personal crusade against LOTRO.

I would love to hear your reasons

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Glad you like the game.  Take your time and enjoy the ride to level 50.

• AckbarNLAckbarNL Member Posts: 458

Yes it is the best Mmo ever created at this point nothing out there that beats it imo.

Played since lanch, and does defently not get bored afther 4 weeks,

Playing: World of Warcraft.
    Played: Lord of the Rings Online, Starwars Galaxies.
    Tried: Starwars the Old Republic, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Aion.

• OrihuelaOrihuela Member Posts: 115

I love this game too, I think that the best things of LOTRO are the regulars updates, the community and the graphics, so all the game rocks. Turbine FTW!

Played: L2 near 4 years.

• slythsslyths Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by dA_fReAK

Ah okay nice.... I dont know though, it just seems it has to few zones and content or am I wrong?

i think the contents and zones are many... and theres many to do, u'll never get bored unless u really want to.

• Kon85Kon85 Member Posts: 88

Glad to hear you like it as well. See you online:)

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

LOTRO is the bomb! If you like the endless grind games that offer nothing but sword swinging and spell shooting, by all means be my guest. If you like to dive into a game and want the full feeling like you're actually a part of the world, then this game will rock! On top of that, this is the perfect game my wife and I can play together. The nice adult community is the triple fudge icing that tops the cake!

Just my Opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone but WOW = kids game, LOTRO = adult game. Again, this is just my opinion.

• WiznumbWiznumb Member Posts: 52

JohnnyMotrin stop joining all the other flame boys calling wow a kids game.  We all grew up watching cartoons, and realize the graphics are of no comparison to lotro.  When it comes to difficulty and end game content wow swallows lotro.  It's so funny to hear the anti-wow people hate on it because it's popular.  Kids might be drawn to play it, but they are the same kids that roll 8 characters to level 20 instead of working towards building one character . . . who cares if some kids want to donate money so blizzard can create more content for the real players.

That being said lotro is an amazingly fun, beautiful, and enjoyable gaming experience.  Turbine has always made quality titles.  There is a reason that lotro is the #1 most hit game on mmorpg.com for the last year, and gamespy's #6 pc game of the year.

Readers that havent' played should take the chance to download the free trial, and if you want to subscribe do it now because they have a holiday promotional rate of 9.99 a months instead of the standard 14.99.  Really neat that a company would offer specials like this, and they even sold the game for 9.99 on black friday @ retailers.

I would just like to plea that people can enjoy a game without hating on another game.  Just because you really like a game; it doesn't make another game any worse.  As gamers that pay good money, and spend chunks of time, we should want multiple games to be high quality products because we'll bennifit from the competition between games.  We all know the mmo trend has been borrowing ideas from all the previous games that have been done.  So the best game, yet to come, will incorporate all of those idea's and hopefully more.  So for the love of god, jesus, allah, zeus, baby jesus, a pig in a blanket, or who ever you pray to STOP flaming games that are proven . . . it's pointless.

Johnny Motrin - "Just my Opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone but WOW = kids game, LOTRO = adult game. Again, this is just my opinion."

Not offended, but this is coming from someone who's all time highest played game via xfire is Guildswars . . . the wtfbbq_O.o_pwnasaurusrex of all kid games?

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

It has as much or more content now than what EQ2 and WoW had at release for a comparison.  Granted, EQ2 and WoW probably have more content now that what LoTRo does... however, they are 3+ year old games... so they SHOULD have more content.

The devs have been consistently adding new content every couple of months as well.  The game is about 6 months old and by the devs estimate they've added an additional 20% of content.  So, if they continue at that pace they'll be close to 40% by the time the game is a year old.  That's pretty good; considering that is all additional content at no extra cost to the subscriber.

They have yet to release an "additional-cost" expansion.  Some people (myself included) believe that the first expansion will be when they include Rohan with mounted combat, as that seems to be a popular topic on the forums.

My guess is that their first expansion will be sometime late in 2008 perhaps into first quarter 2009.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Your wrong, the zones are huge, and there is a ton of content.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• braamerbraamer Member UncommonPosts: 88

Originally posted by dragonace

It has as much or more content now than what EQ2 and WoW had at release for a comparison.  Granted, EQ2 and WoW probably have more content now that what LoTRo does... however, they are 3+ year old games... so they SHOULD have more content.

The devs have been consistently adding new content every couple of months as well.  The game is about 6 months old and by the devs estimate they've added an additional 20% of content.  So, if they continue at that pace they'll be close to 40% by the time the game is a year old.  That's pretty good; considering that is all additional content at no extra cost to the subscriber.
    They have yet to release an "additional-cost" expansion.  Some people (myself included) believe that the first expansion will be when they include Rohan with mounted combat, as that seems to be a popular topic on the forums.
    My guess is that their first expansion will be sometime late in 2008 perhaps into first quarter 2009.
    Huh?

I don't think so. WoW had much more content, including end-game raiding. And EQ2 still is a deeper overall MMO experience.

Originally posted by braamer

Huh?

I don't think so. WoW had much more content, including end-game raiding. And EQ2 still is a deeper overall MMO experience.

And LoTRo has end-game raiding as well.  With more instances being added.

I played EQ2 for 1.5 years so, I'm very familiar with the size and scope of that game since I was with it when it first started.  I'm basing WoW's content on a few of my close friends who are now in LoTRo after spending 2+ years in WoW.

Based on my time and experience in EQ2 and my friends time and experience in WoW; in my judgment, LoTRo is on par (if not above) content-wise; with what EQ2 and WoW had at release.  But, I believe that is what I said in my first post. 

As to EQ2 being "deeper"; that's subjective, so each will have their own opinion of it.  It all depends on what you are looking for in an MMO.  It isn't a bad thing that we all like different games.  If you are having fun playing your MMO... great!  It doesn't lessen the fun that others are having in their MMO though. 

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

I played EQ2 for 1.5 years so, I'm very familiar with the size and scope of that game since I was with it when it first started.  I'm basing WoW's content on a few of my close friends who are now in LoTRo after spending 2+ years in WoW.
    Based on my time and experience in EQ2 and my friends time and experience in WoW; in my judgment, LoTRo is on par (if not above) content-wise; with what EQ2 and WoW had at release.  But, I believe that is what I said in my first post. 
    As to EQ2 being "deeper"; that's subjective, so each will have their own opinion of it.  It all depends on what you are looking for in an MMO.  It isn't a bad thing that we all like different games.  If you are having fun playing your MMO... great!  It doesn't lessen the fun that others are having in their MMO though. 
    You're comparing LOTRO now as opposed to WoW and EQ2 at release? That's not very fair IMO. You really need to compare games at the same state to be fair. As in all three gamess at release, or all three at 2 years in etc.

I think the "deeper" comment is spot on if you think of depth meaning variable activities, more to do than just combat. LOTRO is a really, really great example that all MMO developers (if they want to succeed), but it is pretty shallow in a way, very linear, whereas EQ2 is a bit more sandbox style.

At release, my opinion is that both WoW and to a lesser extent EQ2 had much more content to experience. That is, LOTRO is exactly the same after the tutorial no matter what class/race you choose. Good 'ol Turbine is delivering timely and content-laden patches as they are known to do though.

Originally posted by Die_Scream

You're comparing LOTRO now as opposed to WoW and EQ2 at release? That's not very fair IMO. You really need to compare games at the same state to be fair. As in all three gamess at release, or all three at 2 years in etc.

I think the "deeper" comment is spot on if you think of depth meaning variable activities, more to do than just combat. LOTRO is a really, really great example that all MMO developers (if they want to succeed), but it is pretty shallow in a way, very linear, whereas EQ2 is a bit more sandbox style.

At release, my opinion is that both WoW and to a lesser extent EQ2 had much more content to experience. That is, LOTRO is exactly the same after the tutorial no matter what class/race you choose. Good 'ol Turbine is delivering timely and content-laden patches as they are known to do though.

Heh... I wasn't trying to be "fair".  I was trying to give a comparison of the amount of content that LoTRo has at the current time.  I thought I was pretty clear on that.

I guess each must have a different take on the content then, as I've found many more activities to keep me occupied in LoTRo than I had in EQ2.  However, I may not be the typical MMO gamer; so perhaps it's just me. 

I enjoyed EQ2 quite a bit, as I played it for 1.5 years.  However, when I no longer enjoyed playing; and when it wasn't fun anymore... I stopped and switched to another MMO.  End of story.

• antoniuspiusantoniuspius Member Posts: 55

Huh?

WoW raids

10-man:

Upper Blackrock Spire ( not really endgame more like Carn Dum; )

Karazhan  (after Burning Crusade)

Zul'Aman  (after Burning Crusade)

20-man:

Zul'Gurub (released in patch 1.7 nearly one year after release)

Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj  (released with Patch 1.9 - about 14 months after release)

25 man:

Battle for Mount Hyjal  (after Burning Crusade)

40-man:

Molten Core ( only 40 man raid on release)

Onyxia's Lair ( not sure when)

Blackwing Lair ( released with patch 1.6)

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (released with Patch 1.9)

Naxxramas (Patch 1.11.0 a few months before BC)

Outland raids  ( All after Burning Crusade)

25-man:

Gruul's Lair 

Magtheridon's Lair 

Serpentshrine Cavern 

The Eye 

Black Temple 

[edit]

Future release raids

Sunwell Plateau

So after 7 months WoW had Molten Core, Upper Blackrock Spire and maybe Onyxias Lair.

Lotro had Helegrod and the Rift.

Not even WoW had all this Endgame stuff from the beginning.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Originally posted by antoniuspius

Huh?

WoW raids

10-man:

Upper Blackrock Spire ( not really endgame more like Carn Dum; )

Karazhan  (after Burning Crusade)

Zul'Aman  (after Burning Crusade)

20-man:

Zul'Gurub (released in patch 1.7 nearly one year after release)

Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj  (released with Patch 1.9 - about 14 months after release)

25 man:

Battle for Mount Hyjal  (after Burning Crusade)

40-man:

Molten Core ( only 40 man raid on release)

Onyxia's Lair ( not sure when)

Blackwing Lair ( released with patch 1.6)

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (released with Patch 1.9)

Naxxramas (Patch 1.11.0 a few months before BC)

Outland raids  ( All after Burning Crusade)

25-man:

Gruul's Lair 

Magtheridon's Lair 

Serpentshrine Cavern 

The Eye 

Black Temple 

[edit]

Future release raids

Sunwell Plateau

So after 7 months WoW had Molten Core, Upper Blackrock Spire and maybe Onyxias Lair.

Lotro had Helegrod and the Rift.

Not even WoW had all this Endgame stuff from the beginning.

RAID

A dirty concept used for a LAZY GAME DEVELOPERS to HIDE that they DO NOT WANT TO DEVELOP NEW CONTENT FOR GAME.

SO instead they build ARTIFICIAL TIME SINKS aka RAIDS.

Thank you TRUBINE for developing actual NEW QUESTS instead of RAIDS

Let Blizzard develop RAIDS for their brainwashed populace that think that FUN MEANS actuall repeating of some RAID instance for 100 times until their eyes pop out, brains turn into sponge and puke on mere mention of its name.

But if you actually enjoy this - than please do go play your FUN game

• antoniuspiusantoniuspius Member Posts: 55

I'm just stating that lotro can also be the "raiders" choice.

• FlodgyFlodgy Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    RAID
    A dirty concept used for a LAZY GAME DEVELOPERS to HIDE that they DO NOT WANT TO DEVELOP NEW CONTENT FOR GAME.
    SO instead they build ARTIFICIAL TIME SINKS aka RAIDS.

Thank you TRUBINE for developing actual NEW QUESTS instead of RAIDS
    Let Blizzard develop RAIDS for their brainwashed populace that think that FUN MEANS actuall repeating of some RAID instance for 100 times until their eyes pop out, brains turn into sponge and puke on mere mention of its name.
    But if you actually enjoy this - than please do go play your FUN game

This man speaks the truth.

But hell, as said, if you enjoy mindlessly raiding, go for it!