Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Help me......(not asking for items/gold)

Hello all. My name is Pv2. Eulo and I stopped playing vanguard about 6 months ago before leaving to join the army. I wasn't to sure if I want  to get get back into Vanguard or not becuase I remember when I last played around the time it came out there was alot of issues. Now I've been hearing a few things here and there and I was wondering if the game was really worth coming back to.

The game was pretty cool before and I have always had hope of it getting better. If it is worth getting back to is there anyone willing maybe to help me get back into it. Maybe with a guild and do some adventuring with me....I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for anyone who reads this and decides to help me out.

Pv2. Eulo 

---------------------------------------------
WoW
-Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
-Rhalon 81 UD Mage
-Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

Comments

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

I am on the Seradon server, and I am level 49.

I would be happy to play with you.

Just email me your guy's name. I do not play a lot, actually.  At least not lately; I have been playing CoD 4. 

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

I play CoD4 too hehe.

3700 kills/2700 death 16 kill streak 4-600 head shots. level 49 loving the 50 cal lol.......

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

Originally posted by tu_uilwen

I play CoD4 too hehe.

3700 kills/2700 death 16 kill streak 4-600 head shots. level 49 loving the 50 cal lol.......
    WOW!

I just started but I think I am a Staff Sergeant III.  I love the game.  I think it is a blast, one of my top all-time favorite games.

Overall, you might want to forget about Vanguard and just stick with CoD 4.  One reason I have not been playing VG lately is my class cannot solo anymore.  My Cleric is so nerfed I am forced to group otherwise soloing is extremely slow.  I like to log in to solo here and there and maybe decide on a group.  Basically, if I log in now, I have to be prepared to find a group and stick with it for a few hours.  I have not wanted to do that for a while now.

-----

So then when I get back hom ein jan 4th to play again.....start a new character with me that can solo.

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

I am leaving on January 1st and will not return until later evening on January 4th because of the Iowa primary.  But when I get back I would be happy to start a guy with you, but it sometimes is difficult to duo with another person because of scheduling conflicts, etc.

Besides, if you're having a lot of fun in CoD 4, you might consider returning to Vanguard at a later date when there is more to the end-game and character customization.

I enjoy Vanguard, but I am not much a raider and do not have the motivation to level my main character.  Besides, soloing is so slow for my class. 

-----

I was wondering if someone could tell me which classes are good for soloing. Because when I come back to Vanguard I want to be able to group as well as solo effiecently. I don't just want a group class like a cleric or a warrior. So any help would be appreciated.

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

bump

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

• illuvatarilluvatar Member Posts: 26

Clerics are actually quite capable of soloing in this game, especially when one chooses the path of War or Death. Combined with Heavy armor and a 2-hander the Cleric can hold his or her own in combat.

But when it comes to soloing you can also choose a Ranger, Bard, Dread Knight or Necro. All viable options.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

Why are you bumping your own threads?In 1 you ask what game you should play till another comes out .   I n this 1 you are bumping asking what class to play in this game,If you want to play this game then ask what you want but continues bumping of different threads serve`s no purpose if you want to play this game.

Your other thread http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/160987

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• JamLDJamLD Member Posts: 59

As far as soloing classes go, you have a pretty good selection to choose from.

Shaman (Bear, Bird, Wolf. Any totem can solo well)

Sorcerer

Ranger

Bard

Dread Knight

Cleric

Those are the top soloing classes but the other classes can solo as well. Rogues are by far the hardest to solo but they are a lot of fun to play in a group. Not sure how well druids solo so I'll let someone with some experience with that class speak for them.

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573

If you really like soloing my advice is to go for a Shaman or Necro. Cleric is also a good solo class, but at higher levels their dps gets a bit weak to solo effectively.

• JamLDJamLD Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by FischerBlack

If you really like soloing my advice is to go for a Shaman or Necro. Cleric is also a good solo class, but at higher levels their dps gets a bit weak to solo effectively.
    I knew I was forgetting something!

LOL, I can't believe I forgot about necros in that list.

Originally posted by JamLD

I knew I was forgetting something!

LOL, I can't believe I forgot about necros in that list.
    I often forget the sorceror.

SOLO CLASSES

1. Bear Shaman
    2. Necro
    3. Shaman:  wolf or phoenix
    4. Ranger
    5. Bard
    6. Dread knight
    7. Sorceror

A friend of mine tells me that the Rogue is an excellent solo class if you know how to play the Rogue well.  The monk I have heard is also really coming into its own as well as the Disciple.  I remember when the Druid and Pscionist were some of the best soloers but have not heard much of them. 

When I played on the PvP server, the classes that could solo the 6-dot named-mobs were: Druid, Pscionist, Necro, and Shaman.

The two classes people have problems with soloing:  Warrior and Cleric.

-----

I do want to play this game......but I keep my options open.....I want to see what else is out there. Right now tho this has my eye what oes it mater?

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by truenorthbg

When I played on the PvP server, the classes that could solo the 6-dot named-mobs were: Druid,

Really?  I never got my Druid past level 21, however I couldn't solo a 4 dot, and even same level 3 dots were a challenge at times. Didn't realize things had changed so much. (or maybe only at higher levels once the good pets kicked in?)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

My pally solos admirably, and I can walk into a group of 5 mobs and handle it.  My sorcerer is weaker soloing, particularly with multiples.  My cleric also solos quite well, not as well as the pally though.  The pally can solo 3 dot (purple) mobs five levels higher (and he is not raid equipped - I get what I get myself).

• BoWMyrisBoWMyris Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by truenorthbg

When I played on the PvP server, the classes that could solo the 6-dot named-mobs were: Druid,

Really?  I never got my Druid past level 21, however I couldn't solo a 4 dot, and even same level 3 dots were a challenge at times. Didn't realize things had changed so much. (or maybe only at higher levels once the good pets kicked in?)

level 21 really isnt far enough to judge, druids got nerfed a bit, but they are getting revamped to up their dps, they can solo quite well now tho, alot of classes can solo 6 dots their own level especially if there is room to kite

Raid Officer
    Blades of Wrath
    Vanguard

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

I was wondering if someone could tell me which classes are good for soloing. Because when I come back to Vanguard I want to be able to group as well as solo effiecently. I don't just want a group class like a cleric or a warrior. So any help would be appreciated.
    Extremely good solo classes are kiters: Necro, Bard, Ranger, Druid

Very good solo classes are healers: Cleric, Disciple, Shaman, Blood Mage

Great solo classea are healing tanks: Paladin, Dread Knight

Good solo classes are the rest: Rogue, Psionicist, Monk, Warrior, Sorcerer

Any character can die at any given time, and any played smartly can solo effectively. This is just a guide if you feel you need to put each class in a box, and is basically for leveling efficiency. Some people will say "so and so" solos well or "so and so" can't solo at all or "so and so" solos best of any. This is just my list from personal experiences and talking to people I know and who are more creative with their abilities.

Soloing is largely situational also:

Does the mob have immunities?

Is there enough room to kite?

Does the mob have special abilities (ranged, stuns, heals, etc.)?

Thank you for all the information. I'm thinking I might play druid or ranger, In EQ1 I played a  ranger to level 53 so I might keep the tradition of a Ranger. But then again, a paladin or a dread knight sounds fun to. Man idk lol.......

Imma have to look up the different skills and items they can use and see shich I perfer I guess.

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

so now that I am home and wanting to play vanguard  I have alittle issue. I don't have all the c.d's anymore.  Any way that I can get the game with out buying a whole new one?

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

so now that I am home and wanting to play vanguard  I have alittle issue. I don't have all the c.d's anymore.  Any way that I can get the game with out buying a whole new one?

If you already have your account set up, you can download the installer here: http://vanguard.station.sony.com/install/

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

If you want to play on the PVP server (Sartok) pm me and I'll reroll a toon with ya.