Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help from all Xbox fans :)

RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396

Well, good PC (along with my games) is broken and im out of that for a little bit longer.  Broke on christmas day, and just when i thought i would have relief from my 360.....I GOT RED RINGED!!!!  3 red flashing lights when i try and start it up...Its a christmas full of pain  = P     Anyways, can anyone try and help me?  Ive tried troubleshooting but it didnt work, need some help from all u guys,  so anything is good :)

Thanks

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

how long have you had your 360?

• RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396

ummm, little less than a year, maybe 8 months

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Giive Microsoft a call about maintenance. If you've had it for a year it's still on warranty. They'll have you run some tests and then if they can't get you to fix it they'll replace whatever you need.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Also I hear replacement is free if it's Red Lighted.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    Also I hear replacement is free if it's Red Lighted.
    Three red lights-error has a three year warranty, any other kind of error is standard length (one to two years depending on country).
  • daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Just make sure they don't send you back the same 360 you sent in. They did that to my friend like, 3 times in a row before they got it right.

But yeah, unless you dumped your soda in it or something they should replace it.

D.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by daelnor
    Just make sure they don't send you back the same 360 you sent in. They did that to my friend like, 3 times in a row before they got it right.But yeah, unless you dumped your soda in it or something they should replace it.D.
    First time around I sent my 360 I got another console. Second time I sent I got back the same (but the motherboard was exchanged according to repair-papper).
    There is nothing that states they must send you another console instead of repairing it (although some countries have in law how many times a product may be repaired for the same error within a timeperiod).

Its actually better if you do get the same back in regards to drm-protection they got on xbla-games. If you get another console you must call support to have them reset the games to the new consoles ID-number.(Otherwise you must be signed into xbox-live to be able to play the xbla-games purchased with first console).