Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

played in beta and launch, returning now...

I played this game from early beta till launch. I got quickly bored with the repetitive quests and lack of diversity. Anway, Im willing to take a second look at LOTR and have some questions...

1. end-game - Not that I made it there (my highest toon was lvl 23), but from what I recall there was nothing to do at lvl cap. My guild had several reach lvl cap and they all quit soon after with nothing to do. Is there end-game raiding now with elaborate dungeons and bosses like world of warcraft ? If not, then what is there to do ?

2. classes - the classes always confused me. there wasnt the classic tank, healer, rogue, mage really from what I recall. Are the classes better defined with their roles ? I recall the few group quests I did, there really wasnt any player to take on the role of tank. I do recall minstrils doing some healing but even then it wasnt their primary role.

3. housing - i see they added housing. Is it instanced ? How does it work ?

4. what else is there to do besides questing ? I recall going to the Prancing Pony a few times thinking there would be folks hanging out there rping but there wasnt. Dont get me wrong, some of LOTR's quests were fun like the pie delivery ones (my favs). Still, Ive never been a fan of being led around from area to area like a sheep forced to do quest after quest.

5. back to the classes - some of the classes at launch were pretty much broken. What classes today work the best, are in most demand, and will allow me to solo when needed.

6. mail question - I cant recall which server, but i had 3 toons on one server i think. One of the toons had some decent gold/credits and items I was using to craft with. Can I mail that stuff and gold to a new toon I create on the same server ? I figure I might as well start a new toon to give the game a fresh start.

dowloading the game now, appreciate any responses

Comments

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

1. end game. 2 raids. A 24 man and a 12 man. The 12 man one is funner and a lil harder to pull off.  Best gear comes from there. Crafting is the end game really for most the people I play with. Get their crafting up to make gear to wear or sell to buy what they cant make. Other than raid or a few epics, the best gear in the game. Then pvp or work on things they havent finished. I dont know anyone who has every trait or title. Just depends on how much you want to develop your toon. Then there is reputation now. Just a grind really, but getting to certain levels with a group gives you access to a little bit more you can add to your toon. Each update they add a little more.

2. Guardians are tanks. Hard to tell when your group is made up of all different levels usually when you level up. Their only real skill is pulling aggro. At higher levels with buffs their HP can reach around 5k. So they can take a beating. Minstrels are the healers. You have "morale" instead of HP. They play tunes to raise your morale and killer guitar riffs to defeat their enemies. Mistrels primary role is to heal, they can even turn their damge dealing skills into buffing skills if they want to go all heal. LM and CPT's are secondary healers. CPT's can heal the group but only after an enemy is defeated.( i think) CPT's have 2 rez in combat skills where a Minstrel only has one, but MIN's can rez unlimited out of combat. LM have one rez that I can remember. LM can transfer power and morale though. So if your Minstrel is running low on power and cant heal..The LM can trasfer their power over. They can also sap power from mobs.

3. housing is instanced villages. You go down the road to the forsken inn from bree and there is a new little road there that goes off into an instance. The instance consists of some small medium and kin houses. There are multiple instances at each area. So in bree you might live in instance 4 of the village.

4.Im not big on quests either. I usually just take em then end up doing them all by killing everything. I wish they would add some more social aspects to the game. I'd like dread from death to be healed over time by listening to music or something...maybe just around camps or in pubs. Ah well. Its basically your standard MMO done well with lore from the lord of the rings books.  They may add some sandbox elements on top of the game, dunno if they would make them part of the game itself.

5. Lore-master is the best IMO right now. At launch they were kinda lame. Each class has been given some love so far except guards and burgs.

6. on the same server..ya you can mail stuff to your alts.

Dunno if that helped or confused you.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,935

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

4.Im not big on quests either. I usually just take em then end up doing them all by killing everything. I wish they would add some more social aspects to the game. I'd like dread from death to be healed over time by listening to music or something...maybe just around camps or in pubs. Ah well. Its basically your standard MMO done well with lore from the lord of the rings books.  They may add some sandbox elements on top of the game, dunno if they would make them part of the game itself.

This is awesome idea !

Did you try posting it on official forums ? I can see them easily implementing it

As for people hanging in pubs. In EU-RP server , Prancing Pony in Bree is always packed full with roleplayers.