Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reflections of a new RF Player

TheRebel444TheRebel444 Member Posts: 7

As soon as it started autopatching, there came this song about lvoe or something...which doesnt rly fit with an action MMORPG like this one. Then the trailer which was quite ok, except for the music yet again. When I started playing tho I noticed lots of stuff that I absolute disliked:

Graphics: OK it's a free game, but looking at 9Dragons, the graphics of RF Online need to change

Controls: The controls are a bit complicated, I'd suggest a WoW layout which is very easy to learn.

User Friendly: The inventory, looting system etc werent too user friendly.

All in all, I think it takes time to get used to the game. I think it rly needs some polishing tho, like most of the Japanese/Korean etc MMOs out there.

Any after-thoughts?

Comments

• HowlingFishHowlingFish Member Posts: 28

it was orignal surpose to be called Romance and Fantasy a long long time ago... but then Rising Force was better and i guess that song was surpose to be for the Romance and Fantasy part. The Graphics is pretty good in my words, especially the armor, like it actually look decent to wear lol. I find the control similiar to WoW in terms of getting used to. Its user friendly... especially those tip at the top of the screen... but when it comes to indepth game analysis, it gets a bit complicated... and when u figure it out, you have to start all over (im talking about, PT leveling...) Im sure with research before playing the game it could be quite fun and enjoyful for a grinding game ^^ 

NOTE: ppl are nice and extremely helpful ^^ (depends on your race)

• NinixNinix Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by TheRebel444

As soon as it started autopatching, there came this song about lvoe or something...which doesnt rly fit with an action MMORPG like this one. Then the trailer which was quite ok, except for the music yet again. When I started playing tho I noticed lots of stuff that I absolute disliked:

Graphics: OK it's a free game, but looking at 9Dragons, the graphics of RF Online need to change
    Controls: The controls are a bit complicated, I'd suggest a WoW layout which is very easy to learn.

All in all, I think it takes time to get used to the game. I think it rly needs some polishing tho, like most of the Japanese/Korean etc MMOs out there.

Any after-thoughts?

heh controles cudve been better. but when u get used 2 it its not a problems.. chars are easy 2 stear... and the graphics? what do u mean? RF doesnt have crappy graphics... the graphics are actually pretty good.... and the game is very user friendly...... but u shud give the game a try.. its really worth it

• TheRebel444TheRebel444 Member Posts: 7

I dunno...after I've seen the graphics of 9Dragons I got off the graphics of RF :p

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

if u like the WASD set up just make sure you set it to keyboard when u log in that is the "H" key and if u like the numbers as ure specials that is the key.  you will  have to do this every time you log in, but it should feel more familiar.  as for the graphics...waaaay better than umm like all the other free games available.  it is a grindfest, but there are some good players, and fun to be had especially in pvp...dont forget to PT ure skills and buffs etc... and its very gear oriented so keep that in mind.  oh yah set your auto-potions or ure screwed.  Enjoy, played for over a year now, good stuff. Novus is the oldest server, followed by lumen, then solus...rumor is that Lumen has issues, so may wanna stick to novus or solus.

• twaynetwayne Member Posts: 49

I do have a hole in my head that my hair doesn't quite cover. But I find the graphics and animation spectacular other than that.

I agree when you're first starting, there is so much to learn that the tutorial doesn't cover. which speaking of the tutorial it basically tells you everything you can already figure out on your own. so don't waste your time with it. just ask people what to do, in map chat.

The best way to play is to get a group of friends, or find some in game and do the quests together. it's so much more fun with ppl to party with.

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

UMMMM wow childish comment there, very nice.  I mean honestly, while i dont find the game entertaining, WoW brought alot of recognition to the genre, like it or not, w/o WoW would be alot harder for companies to get loans and funding to make MMO's.  Beyond that they set a benchmark, a high point to go further from and to improve, so rather than tear WoW down for being easy, attracting alot of childish antics, and cartoony graphics, give ti credit for what it is.  Fact is without WoW there wouldnt be so many good games comming out in 2008, and with sucha a variety of play styles to choose from.  Do i like WoW no, i dont play if for alot of the same reasons u probably despise it, but fact is, it did what was needed at the time, and made MMO's popular and showed they are a good money making investment.  peace.

• twaynetwayne Member Posts: 49

oh, make sure you have particles turned on...    went 31 levels and thought my MAU shot invisible fire.  

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

RFO is not a bad game and does give you a choice of setup for either mouse or keyboard controls and the upcoming updates keep the game refreshing to play. Support, now that is another thing entirely.

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig

Originally posted by TheRebel444

Any after-thoughts?

complicated controls? lol

WOW layout? (I didn't realize that WOW made that layout.. give me a break another noob mmo player crying for more "wow shit)

wow didnt create anything except for childish gameplay

so true so true

genius inside insanity