Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about resubbing to Lineage 2? Then don't!

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I decided to go back to lineage 2 from the time I originally left over 3 years ago (pretty much the month after beta).

I figured, they have done a lot of changes so Ill decide to give it a shot.  Well, I wasn't impressed.

The game overall is ok but the killing blow for me is the fact that there is literally no one on the US servers.  The EURO servers are heavy but the US servers are all dead.  And I mean dead.  I was on the Bartze server (or whatever the name is) and I saw only 5 people during the entire week.  This is with a new level toon and a lvl 56 level toon.

Cant stand to play a MMO with no people.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Enigma

I decided to go back to lineage 2 from the time I originally left over 3 years ago (pretty much the month after beta).
    I figured, they have done a lot of changes so Ill decide to give it a shot.  Well, I wasn't impressed.
    The game overall is ok but the killing blow for me is the fact that there is literally no one on the US servers.  The EURO servers are heavy but the US servers are all dead.  And I mean dead.  I was on the Bartze server (or whatever the name is) and I saw only 5 people during the entire week.  This is with a new level toon and a lvl 56 level toon.
    Cant stand to play a MMO with no people.

Yep, I've noticed the same thing when I've done trials for L2. One of the reasons I never gave it more than 2 days at most each time.

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

I'm guessing that the population is mostly in the Kamael area, nowadays.

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Taera

I'm guessing that the population is mostly in the Kamael area, nowadays.
    Yeah, thats where my new toon was.....nothing...when I did run into someone they said most of em are lvl 20 and moved on. Then i got on my higher lvl and still nothing.

Although the good side to this story is there were no bots and farmers either.  It was like I was living out "I am Legend" but in a MMO

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

You have a lvl 56 and did not see anybody? I suggest going to Giran and join a guild. I know the lower levels have very small population but even I am on Erica where there are still parties going for 50s and 60s.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

Yeah I re-subed too.  Lost interest already.  Got my Kamael to 30.  A few days ago, I left all my loot on the ground and the next day it was still laying there.  Whats that say?  Nobody even passed through that area.  I think less people are playing at the moment because the free bot is not working.  Brilliant strategy NC.  Let boters rule until everyone uses it, then make it not work so nobody logs in.  Well done, indeed. 

• newblooddnewbloodd Member Posts: 107

I dont know what you guys are talking about because I just came back on the Bartz Server and I always see people. The starter and noob towns have a low population but once you hit LV 20 you should come to Dion and this is where you will start to see the population. This game does not have a Population of World Of Warcraft or Lord Of The Rings Online but I would say that its just as populated as Everquest 2.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

*rolls eyes...

First off, this is not Wow or EQ 2 or any of those games where people hang around lower lvl areas.

They level as quickly as possible and move on. Additionally, the game is about clan and alliance. sorry.. that is a fact. So, they get into a clan and alliance and that group helps them level up and out of any lower level areas.

There are plenty of people who play and lots of drama. go to giran to get a better sense. After that, Bartz has the most players for NA. So if you are a NA player, go there. That is my advice.

People have to start understanding what this game is about. I don't really think it's fair to expect that the leveling and area populations are going to be the same in other games where you log in and start getting groups, partying etc.

This game is about long hard grind with clans having more meaninig than a chat room.

so. If you want to play this game, do some research about what it entails as this game is not for everyone. That is so true. Then go to Bartz if you want to have the feeling of more peopel or Teon/Franz (I suggest Teon) for Euro and start leveling and meeting people.

But this game is not a social funfest where you are going to be finding all sorts of people in the low lvl areas.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by newbloodd

I dont know what you guys are talking about because I just came back on the Bartz Server and I always see people.  but I would say that its just as populated as Everquest 2.
    I think that's a little exagerration.  I still play EQ2 and I run into people ALL-THE-TIME.  Literally see hundreds of people every day I play.  Lineage 2 (and I do play on the Bartz server) is just dead.  I even been to Dion. Ive been everywhere on the god frosaken world just to talk to people.

After about a week, I just gave up. Even the server status says "light"

However, we never know what "light" truly means. However, I wouldnt go over the top and say there as populated as EQ2.  Vanguard maybe.  But not EQ2.

• newblooddnewbloodd Member Posts: 107

There is a difference between running into people and having a big population. I have done a couple of EQ 2 trials and I have run into people but that does not mean that the game has a big population.  There were a couple of people in the newbie town and after I made it to the next town which was Very Big there was nobody there. I mean even the chat is dead. I am not saying that the game is dead but it is not anymore populated than Lineage 2 is. I have been on the EQ 2 forums and I have seen many threads about the low population of the game.

• SmartwhoisSmartwhois Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by windstrike1

A few days ago, I left all my loot on the ground and the next day it was still laying there.  Whats that say?

No decay?

Cool!

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Smartwhois

Originally posted by windstrike1

A few days ago, I left all my loot on the ground and the next day it was still laying there.  Whats that say?

No decay?

Cool!

Yup, no decay is sweet :)

It stays there till someone picks it up or the server restarts, which is rare.

Wish more game were this way!

Now that's what I call a world. That's damn cool!

• walker68walker68 Member UncommonPosts: 156

im on Bartz right now and there are alot of people on atm. I rolled a Kamael the day after the patch went live and had a hard time finding an open hunting spot on the Kamael island. And yeah there are still a ton of bots in the cats and necrops also.

Bots seem to be a common complaint in L2.