Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a Non Existant Game

PsilocybinePsilocybine Member Posts: 31

Basically ive been playing WoW for like 3 years. Me and my guildies are bored. Ive been set the task of finding a new MMO for a few of my guild mates.

Ive tried Hellgate, RF Online, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, and probably a few other F2P MMOs

The game needs to be pretty much as good as WoW

No bad graphics

needs PvP and PvE

Needs guild/clan system

needs a reasonably quick combat system (WoW is OK, LOTRO is sloooooow)

needs quite alot of content that u can play as a group

needs to be stable too (Bugs in Hellgate really put the game down)

repetitive tasks i dont care about as long as u can do them as a group.

and price doesnt matter ill quite happily pay whatever it costs to play a good game

oh and it needs to be appealing to WoW players. Because basically i need to convince a few guys to make the move with me. (Sci-Fi probably not the best idea)

Im pretty sure unless ive missed something there isnt a game like this. im still going through every free trial i like the look of but it would be nice to have some suggestions (as well as explanations as to why) for some games to try.

Pls help.

?Psilo

Comments

• DvsclarityDvsclarity Member Posts: 21

I would like a game like this as well, I played WoW for two years, leveled a 60 Rogue (PvE) and a 19 Rogue (Twink, PvE), quit for awhile and then when BC came out I had to hear about it from friends, so I started playing again, rerolled PvP and leveled a 70 Priest and quit again shortly after. I love PvP, (Started playing Counter-Strike: 1.6 in 2003, moved to Source in 2004), and the PvP in WoW was great (especially when CX-Realm BG came out). However I haven't played WoW in about 7 Months now (Senior in HS, Working two jobs), and frankly WoW didn't sit to well with the girlfriend. I heard about Guild Wars and how it is very PvP oriented, so I purchased Nightfall, and it didn't appeal to me very much, graphics and all. I have also tried trials/Free Based for EQII, EvE (actually purchased EvE for a month, great graphics and concept, although I don't have the time to sit and learn all of it), Archlord, Tabula Rasa (Pre-Ordered and played before release, however didn't like it to much so I didn't purchase the full version), Silkroad, LOTRO, Matrix Online, SWG, and CoH/CoV.

Nothing to appealing really, LOTRO was okay, not much PvP however, and slow combat.

So, is there anything out there as an alternative to WoW that isn't a major time sink?

• PsilocybinePsilocybine Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Dvsclarity

So, is there anything out there as an alternative to WoW that isn't a major time sink?
    Well im not so fussed im just after an alternative to WoW not because theres a part of WoW i dont like but because it has just got boring.

?Psilo

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

Unfortunately many of us are like you. We are all searching and waiting for the next best thing or at leaset an invite to beta the next best thing.

• creative404creative404 Member Posts: 72

Lol...yes there are many of us. I have played all of the top MMO's, to many to list, and I cant seem to find the right mmo to play atm. LOTRO is slow and boring, I played GW too much and I am sick of the economy, TR and Hellgate are bad, and I cant wait for WAR to be released.

Anyway I dont know what to play either!

• PsilocybinePsilocybine Member Posts: 31

Im getting the Feeling the Non Existant game im looking for doesnt exist (what a surprise ).

maybe its worth just playing some F2P MMO for the moment and wait for a game that can compete with WoW in the future

?Psilo

• glamtasticglamtastic Member Posts: 2

Heh, or maybe WoW should get some new content or more expansion packs out there to make it interesting again?

cause, yeah, i'm kind of bored of it at the moment as well. haven't played in like 2 months.

<3