Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something Similar?

Is there another MMORPG game out there similar to Ultima Online? I like UO, and used to play a lot. I like WoW too, but just not the community as much.

I like the full blown economy of UO, including real estate, resources, items, etc.

Any other suggestions for me?

Thanks

Comments

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

There's only two games I know of that are even remotely similar to uo. Eve Online has a similar skill based system, and similar pvp and economic system to uo. But of course eve is a sci-fi mmo, so that is the main difference. Darkfall, which is still in development, is supposed to be almost exactly like uo, but in full 3d. Try out eve online's 14 day trial, and see if you like it. Also keep your eyes open for a release date for Darkfall.

• aerogradaerograd Member Posts: 53

Maybe try Ashen Empires?  It is very similar to UO in many ways.  It is a skill based game (no skill point limit though).  Excellent crafting and harvesting skillset.  Graphics are even similar.  They have a PvP server and a PvE server.  AE went the way of an online item shop in the last year I think, so I don't know how that affected things.  Still, you might want to try it out.  Alot of people who used to play UO have also played AE and seem to like it. 

Playing WoT now.

Favorite All-Time Games: Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Lord of the Rings Online

• SmartwhoisSmartwhois Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Ruman

Is there another MMORPG game out there similar to Ultima Online? I like UO, and used to play a lot. I like WoW too, but just not the community as much. 
    I like the full blown economy of UO, including real estate, resources, items, etc.

Roma Victor = old UO3

• SmartwhoisSmartwhois Member Posts: 58

Not pie, but better than any other kiddie garbage.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by joeyboots

There's only two games I know of that are even remotely similar to uo. Eve Online has a similar skill based system, and similar pvp and economic system to uo. But of course eve is a sci-fi mmo, so that is the main difference. Darkfall, which is still in development, is supposed to be almost exactly like uo, but in full 3d. Try out eve online's 14 day trial, and see if you like it. Also keep your eyes open for a release date for Darkfall.

Last time I played UO you couldn't click a skill and have it train while you are logged off, and I don't think UO lets you install implants to your skull.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Irish_RedIrish_Red Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Briansho

Last time I played UO you couldn't click a skill and have it train while you are logged off, and I don't think UO lets you install implants to your skull.

Huh?

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Originally posted by Briansho

Lol, touche' on the auto-skill system. But I was referring to the similarities in the basic mechanics of the two games. Putting an implant in your skull in eve, is similar to putting on jewlery or gear with stats on them in uo. Its just different visually and stylistically. Before you nitpick again,there are many other differences between these games also, but the op was asking if there was anything similar out there to uo. If the op was talking about the fantasy art style of uo and not the mechanics, then it is obvious that 99% of mmos are similar to uo in that respect. But I doubt the op was talking about visual style, but rather similarities in the overlying play mechanics (ie. no levels, skill-based, sandbox style), and that was what I was going off. There is NO GAME EXACTLY LIKE UO out there, which I am sure the op is aware of, hence the reason the op asked if there were any mmos similar to uo. Also, hence the reason I said "There's only two games I know of that are even REMOTELY similar to uo."

P.S Do yourself a favor and look up "similar" in the dictionary. It does not mean "the same" I assure you. Also take note of the fact that I said "remotely" too. Thank you.