Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So....fury

tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Over the last 2-3 months or so has the game gotten any better and more populated? I had high hopes for this game, I really did. But since the games launch there are no FFA battles........those were the best in Beta testing. Any info would be appreciated

---------------------------------------------
WoW
-Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
-Rhalon 81 UD Mage
-Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

Comments

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Any info would be appreciated

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• boodisboodis Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by tu_uilwen

Any info would be appreciated

Well, the lack info kinda tells you a lot :).
  • valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Ive tryed free trial,seek at main site-may be its still up.Looks bad to me btw.

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • ShadowChaserShadowChaser Member UncommonPosts: 25

Didn't the devs file for bankruptcy? 

• NiremNirem Member Posts: 52

Well i started playing the game when they came out with thir f2p options and from my own experiences i can say that im enyoing myself.

It doens'nt  feel unpopulated, it usually takes around 30 sec being in que before a round starts up for me and what i like is that even though the f2p accounts get less advantages in terms of trading, rank, item rolls and chat i can still woop someone who has either the hero or immortal account if my skill build is properly set.

I've experienced  a few crashes during the loading of the game round but thats no biggie since i've been able to close the game start it up again and joining the round that i was loading and still be able to get into top 5 list :D

When it comes to lag issues i can say that i haven't experienced any lag of any kind, game runs smooth and looks pretty.

While i do emphazise the good things about the game i still feel that they nee to work on matchmaking issues, sometimes i get into a round when everyone is even in skill except for one or two that clearly have played more and therefor unlocked more skills making it easier for them to dominate the rounds but what the hell, then it's just for you to start the ganking mode :) Enemy of my enemy is my friend and then my friend is my new enemy :D

What i recommend is that you get a free account try the game and if you like it  just keep playing ^^

• A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

Originally posted by tu_uilwen

Over the last 2-3 months or so has the game gotten any better and more populated? I had high hopes for this game, I really did. But since the games launch there are no FFA battles........those were the best in Beta testing. Any info would be appreciated

Not sure what you mean by 'since the games launch there are no FFA battles?' exactly but
    I'll assume you are talking about Bloodbath battles which are free for all.

I think it got a bit less popular (Bloodbath can be a bit of a gankfest) since they introduced 1vs1 and Carnage game types but this game mode is still available.

Official Fury forums are down for upgrading. They'll be back up sometime this week I think.
    All the information you need about the game including NEWS can be found from the main website:
    http://www.unleashthefury.com/
  • A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

Originally posted by ShadowChaser

Didn't the devs file for bankruptcy? 
    That was just a section of Auran that closed down.

Fury is still going.

• SystiSysti Fury Community VolunteerMember Posts: 31

FURY Volenteer Community Guide Systi here. :)

Population hasn't been higher since the FURY challenge, the change of business models has indeed brought a new influx of players.  Every day I step into the tutorial area, and there are dozens of new chosen entering into FURY any time I step in there.

The forums are down for upgrading - new interactive forums should appear sometime after the new year.  For more details on that you might want to check www.unleashthefury.com/index.php/fury/news/forums_offline_for_upgrading/

While there is more population than usual, the new gamemodes have caught most of the attention.  Carnage, training bloodbath, and 1v1 are usually plentiful, a few vortexes usually going, but 4v4 elim and normal BB has been quiet.  However usually all it takes is a couple games going in a type and people start joining it for most of the day.  (no-one likes to be the first one waiting for others, but once a gamemode starts rolling it generally stays open for awhile)

• zaltarzaltar Member UncommonPosts: 125

The game overall is improving with each patch , from my own experience my performance  improved a lot after the Age of The Chosen patch.

The Bloodbath matches , the ones where its everyman for himself are probably what your referring to. I played these since launch however , with the introduction of new types of game play including Carnage and 1v1 Elimination  , more players are interested in those atm. Pretty much what Systi said.

Generally the most crowded areas are the 1 v 1 , Training Bloodbath and Carnage , next would be Vortex which I have played several recently myself then lastly 4 v 4 and the regular Bloodbath .

A short time ago a lot of people who tried the game were overwhelmed by the fast pace and to much information to absorb to be ready for combat right away , so they made the game friendlier for the beginners by upgrading the Tutorial and requiring that new players complete either 5 Training Bloodbath matches or 5 Carnage matches before they can graduate to the regular games.

Fury demands people to think fast and react quickly as well as places the architecture of ones character 100% in the hands of the user meaning that you create your own class drawing from the entire skill bank of all the classes rather than have the game decide a class for you with the option of changing all of this whenever you like.

People that first tried the game were not used to having to think fast or make these kinds of decisions so they became turned off having been used to playing games that are much less demanding and designed for slower thinking individuals thus resulting in them not being able to handle the pvp and getting killed while feeling a lack of control of their character`s abilities . The reaction after this was to attempt to give the game more of a walk through for newbies so they could begin to learn the system before getting wiped out by experienced players, this is why you will find so many players now in certain areas as opposed to others .

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Its good to hear from someone who has hands on with the development of the game :)

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

Game sucks, I wasted 100 USD on it. Wish I hadn't.... Oh well life goes on.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Athenae

Its good to hear from someone who has hands on with the development of the game :)

It's always good to hear from a dev. Unfortunately, I don't see any in this thread. Who might you have been referring to?

Originally posted by Systi

Population hasn't been higher since the FURY challenge, the change of business models has indeed brought a new influx of players.  Every day I step into the tutorial area, and there are dozens of new chosen entering into FURY any time I step in there.

The forums are down for upgrading - new interactive forums should appear sometime after the new year.  For more details on that you might want to check www.unleashthefury.com/index.php/fury/news/forums_offline_for_upgrading/

While there is more population than usual, the new gamemodes have caught most of the attention.  Carnage, training bloodbath, and 1v1 are usually plentiful, a few vortexes usually going, but 4v4 elim and normal BB has been quiet.  However usually all it takes is a couple games going in a type and people start joining it for most of the day.  (no-one likes to be the first one waiting for others, but once a gamemode starts rolling it generally stays open for awhile)

Oh oops let me rephrase that then... someone who has not given up on the game and actually has found time to post on this thread voluntarily on the status of the game and the company who made it.  :)

I really don't appreciate your snide remarks Zorvan. We all know you hate the game, why not move on to something else? there are several you can choose from if you look to your left hand side of this screen.

To the left.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Athenae

Originally posted by Systi

Oh oops let me rephrase that then... someone who has not given up on the game and actually has found time to post on this thread voluntarily on the status of the game and the company who made it.  :)

I really don't appreciate your snide remarks Zorvan. We all know you hate the game, why not move on to something else? there are several you can choose from if you look to your left hand side of this screen.

To the left.

There was nothing "snide" about it. A volunteer community manager has no more info about a games status than a normal player The most they have is what little tidbits, if any, the devs give them. And then only if the devs allow it to be reported. Hell, community managers can be used to deceive, as well as inform. It's been seen in countless other game communities before.

Whether I like the game or not has nothing to do with it. And I'll give kudos to anyone who volunteers to keep a game alive for its community. Whether I like the game or not. Just a shame volunteers is all this game has left.

Riiight... so doesn't it make you wonder why there is a 'community manager' who is still volunteering

on a game that supposedly is going out the door? Every night I log in and see tons of people starting in the starting zone as Chosen now that it has gone free to play, queus have hardly no downtime. I see a GM 'builder bob' practically everynight helping out new players, and I've done the same.

I highly doubt this game is done and over yet.

I guess we'll see what will happen in the next couple of months ;)

I personally will keep playing and supporting this game because it has alot potential,

and I'm sure there are many others who feel the same way. People who don't like

it are the loudest on here, but those who do... are far too busy playing and enjoying it to

bother posting. I'm just representing them. As for the snide remark... you're forgiven.

• zaltarzaltar Member UncommonPosts: 125

Systi is a community volonteer and a Fury forum moderator also I believe , he was this before any restructuring took place within Auron developments . The reason he posted here is because the official Fury forums are being upgraded , non of the actual dev team are volunteers so lets cut the crap .

Zorvan claimed he was done posting in the Fury boards last month but obviously cant resist his feeble attempts to bait people for a response as it is clear that he is still persisting to present potential players with his uneducated comentary about a game he does not play and has probably never tried .