Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

guess they want us to go to war?

Comments

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Originally posted by SinzOfMan

I'd like to add, if your getting your facts from universities, and mainstream science, the truth is something you'll never find.  You need REAL thinkers, like John Lennon, Martin Luther King, and John F. Kennedy.  But look what happens to these people when they start getting their message out. 
    John Lennon was a hippie who i wouldnt be suprised if he was high 24/7. He had great music but i wouldnt listen to him on other stuff.  I drink tons of tap water and take vaccines and guess what my IQ is 142 this is from a test at UNT not some online site. 142 is considered gifted and just a little below genius. When it comes to science ill listen to people who have degrees in that area. Also as far as im concerned MLK was for black rights not any of this science stuff.

So lemme guess you think we blew up the towers, we sent the Luthsiana into hostile waters, we took down the radar at peral harbor so we would be 'suprised" and the things that lead us into both vietnam and korea were our fault. If its so bad here get out im sure the US wont mind. Hell you could go live with the Lakota indians no taxes just gotta give up your US citizenship.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Originally posted by Mizab

Originally posted by windstrike1

So you accept defeat...
    /owned
     GG

Ah fine yes if that makes you feel good oh and very mature. All I care about is someone else can now see this thread and won't just see that a couple of google experts opinions they can see the facts from an expert in the field. I understand I can't change your mind or sinz thats fine with me I just don't want other people to only see you two's point of view.

Your the only opinion ive taken seriously here. All this other stuff ive seen as people who just hate the gov't.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

So you accept defeat...
    /owned
     GG

Pathetic, just utterly pathetic. Don't think I even need to point out why.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

So then, in this thread, we have reached a consensus that all information found on the intarwebs is legit, and totally valid, regardless of the credentials, or lack thereof, of those disseminating the information?

Cause if so, I've got some penis enlargement meds I'd just like to tell you all about. And it's true, because it's on the internet!

Edit: This just in! Insulting people is now a valid debating tactic when you can't come up with an response. Also, claiming victory after people give up beating their head against your brick wall of insanity makes you cooler.

• SinzOfManSinzOfMan Member UncommonPosts: 224

a couple of you are operating 100% on your ego's and it's discusting.  I just wanted everyone's thoughts and for the most part I've got them.  this ego shit is laughable though.  Thanks for everyone's participation, though it felt more like a science vs. religion battle that went nowhere lol.. I guess we'll all see in time.  Hopefully we wake up before another war. 

a couple of you are operating 100% on your ego's and it's discusting. I just wanted everyone's thoughts and for the most part I've got them. this ego shit is laughable though. Thanks for everyone's participation, though it felt more like a science vs. religion battle that went nowhere lol.. I guess we'll all see in time. Hopefully we wake up before another war.

Funny that you should say that, as I could have sworn you partook in the dick waving, and about vaccines, which really isn't about war much at all.

As for whether or not video games are some sort of secret government plot to turn todays children into tomorrow ruthless gov't controlled killing machines? Absurd.

Playing Mario hasn't made me any better at jumping on turtles, or rescuing Princesses. Pretty sure I will never don a raccoon suit, and take to the air, either.

Are you going to postulate that Cowboys and Indians, Cops & Robbers, etc. caused kids to become bank robbers, or kill indians, etc? Or the green plastic army men I played with when I was a kid. Or G.I. Joe.

Simple fact is, game designers are people, and people are lazy. It's easier to wrap an FPS around a war scenario, particularly if it's one that actually happened, such as WWII.

Is America's Army used as a recruiting tool? You bet. Is it turning kids into mindless killing drones, or in any way otherwise training anyone to kill? Not unless that individual was already fucked in the head to begin with. In which case, if it wasn't AA, it would have been Mario Party, or maybe the counter monkey at Taco Bell screwing up his order for the 100th time, or getting canned from his McJob.

However, WASD and a mouse does provide an eerily accurate representation of a live fire combat situation. Or not so much, really.

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

Originally posted by Coldmeat
    Playing Mario hasn't made me any better at jumping on turtles, or rescuing Princesses. Pretty sure I will never don a raccoon suit, and take to the air, either.

ROFL!!

And, yes, they want you to accept war as not the "last resort" but something of a necessity.  Invading Iraq was not to protect or defend the United States but a part of the Bush Admin's foreign policy for 1) political, 2) economic, and 3) business interests.*

*This is not even disputed by foreign policy wonks and experts.  We did not invade Iraq because of 9/11 or because of WMDs.  It was a part of the Bush's crazed foreign policy.

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

Less about Bushit's harebrained foreign policy, and more about cushy no-bid contracts for their buddies in Haliburton, from which members of the cabinet profited nicely, I'm sure.

But mostly, it's just another notch in Cheney's, and the rest of his ilk's belt of expanding the authority, and power, of the Executive. It's the same game they were playing during the Nixon administration, which both Cheney, and Rumsfeld were a part of. It's not that much of a surprise that they'd be up to their usual shenanigans.

They know they can't just tear up the Constitution, so they shred it just a bit, here and there. Just a tiny step, ostensibly for our own good, under the guise of protecting us from Communism, or Terrorism, or Queerism, or whatever boogeyman they're trotting out to frighten us with this week. And of course, people buy it hook, line, and sinker. Because at this point in the game, they've been raised on fear. From the asinine Reefer Madness films, or Nuclear Attack Survival How To's of the 50's to Anthrax, Bird Flu, Mad Cow, Sarin gas, etc of the current day.

Less about Bushit's harebrained foreign policy, and more about cushy no-bid contracts for their buddies in Haliburton, from which members of the cabinet profited nicely, I'm sure.
    But mostly, it's just another notch in Cheney's, and the rest of his ilk's belt of expanding the authority, and power, of the Executive. It's the same game they were playing during the Nixon administration, which both Cheney, and Rumsfeld were a part of. It's not that much of a surprise that they'd be up to their usual shenanigans.
    They know they can't just tear up the Constitution, so they shred it just a bit, here and there. Just a tiny step, ostensibly for our own good, under the guise of protecting us from Communism, or Terrorism, or Queerism, or whatever boogeyman they're trotting out to frighten us with this week. And of course, people buy it hook, line, and sinker. Because at this point in the game, they've been raised on fear. From the asinine Reefer Madness films, or Nuclear Attack Survival How To's of the 50's to Anthrax, Bird Flu, Mad Cow, Sarin gas, etc of the current day.

Your right a 50 year standoff with either the US or the USSR ready to blow the hell out of each other, or now north korea who have tested their nukes, or the terriost who dont care who they kill or how they do it. yeah your right nothing to fear here.

Hey, you want to live your life cowering in fear of what might be, go right ahead. Lock, and bolt your doors, slap up some duct tape, and plastic tarp. Make sure you've got plenty of canned goods. And don't forget to duck and cover under your desk. It's not just a desk, it's a magical shield that will protect you from radiation, mutant cannibals, Mel Gibson, etc.

And most importantly, don't think. That's how those damned pinko terrorist homo's track their victims...

Hey, you want to live your life cowering in fear of what might be, go right ahead. Lock, and bolt your doors, slap up some duct tape, and plastic tarp. Make sure you've got plenty of canned goods. And don't forget to duck and cover under your desk. It's not just a desk, it's a magical shield that will protect you from radiation, mutant cannibals, Mel Gibson, etc.
    And most importantly, don't think. That's how those damned pinko terrorist homo's track their victims...

I dont cower in fear but these things exist. What would happen if we pull out of the middle east? Same thing that happened to England will be bombed on our home turf? Then what with a democratic presdient to weak to act theyll be more bombings .And listing the magical sheild crap just makes you look stupid as no one has posted it. Also it wasnt for radiation that only hit a small area but the shockwave that came from it.... that could do tons of damage in a large radius. Too bad you just spot stuff that come from "thinkers" who come up with ideas while their high. Also mutant cannibals and Mel Gibson..........?

Originally posted by Arndur
    Originally posted by Coldmeat Hey, you want to live your life cowering in fear of what might be, go right ahead. Lock, and bolt your doors, slap up some duct tape, and plastic tarp. Make sure you've got plenty of canned goods. And don't forget to duck and cover under your desk. It's not just a desk, it's a magical shield that will protect you from radiation, mutant cannibals, Mel Gibson, etc.

I dont cower in fear but these things exist. What would happen if we pull out of the middle east? Same thing that happened to England will be bombed on our home turf? Then what with a democratic presdient to weak to act theyll be more bombings .And listing the magical sheild crap just makes you look stupid as no one has posted it. Also it wasnt for radiation that only hit a small area but the shockwave that came from it.... that could do tons of damage in a large radius. Too bad you just spot stuff that come from "thinkers" who come up with ideas while their high. Also mutant cannibals and Mel Gibson..........?

Either you're purposely obtuse, or inordinately slow...

Tell me, what would crawling under your desk do to protect someone from a nuclear attack? As for the magic shield comment, I'll spell it out real slow like.
    S a r c a s m.

I am pointing out the idiocy of the idea that crawling under ones desk would provide any sort of protection in the event of a nuclear attack, see. Much like putting duct tape and plastic tarping over your doors and windows is going to save you in the event of a biological attack. It's manufactured fear over something that cannot be affected by worrying about it for the express purpose of eroding your liberty. For your protection, of course.

Mutant cannibals, and Mel Gibson? Mad Max? Post nuclear apocalypse movies? No? Probably not.

P.S. Radiation from a nuclear blast can travel quite a distance. It's called Fallout.

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

...  inordinately slow...

...has my vote for understatement of the year.

Arndur, you could save keystrokes by simply using "baa" or "moo" or whatever animal noises they used to teach you at your school.  Trust me, it'll make you look just as intelligent as your ignorant blathering diatribe.

...  inordinately slow...

...has my vote for understatement of the year.

Arndur, you could save keystrokes by simply using "baa" or "moo" or whatever animal noises they used to teach you at your school.  Trust me, it'll make you look just as intelligent as your ignorant blathering diatribe.

And many would say the fact you believe in this shit would put you on level with drug addicts as you would have to be high to go with this crap.

Each civilization has had its luantics who think the sky is falling and everyone is out to get them. It seem you have will be one of them.

Your sarcasam was pathetic. Also the fallout is not as deadly as the shockwave which can still cause serious building damage as a greater range then the fallout. A desk is normaly sturdy and if you think your as smart as you say you are you should know this. This will give a small amount of protection aginst falling debris in something like a 1 story building.

Jesus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_nuclear_explosions

I can only imagine that your safety is assured huddling under

in the face of a nuclear detonation.

Jesus.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_nuclear_explosions
    I can only imagine that your safety is assured huddling under

in the face of a nuclear detonation.

Yeah im sorry. Forgot everyone uses the same desk now. No one said it would save you it would just be the most protection someone could get.

wow.. Is everyone here feelin ok?  let's all contradict each other, only 1 of us can be right and there is no room for discussion.  I mean is it possible that someone can lay off that sentence or do you feel the need to attack it again like trained fukin lab rats?  This is the idea, get us to fight with each other, buy into the way the world is, how do you guys not see this shit?  Feel some love.. all this anger, frustration is just feeding this "thing" that's enslaving us.  We call it life cause it's all we know. 

Our natural state of conciousness isn't this raging anger and conflict with each other.  That was imposed on us from the beginning and if you guys wanna stay trapped in this nonsense, then go.. get your fact's from the media, go see regular doctor's who prescribe pain medication and don't look at your body as a whole.. Just go live the system that's been created as it is and don't question it or you'll be punished by God.  Quick someone point out how wrong I am, maybe someone from the best comeback awards are reading this and you'll be rightfully crowned king of men.  Whatever you do, don't bring a series of civilized thoughts expressing how you feel.  I'm not saying every single one of you apply here, several of you have brought valid arguments with taste and integrity.  And I'm not trying to claim I haven't fallen to my ego within these posts aswell.  I'm  aware of it though.  Are you?

• DelovelyDelovely Member Posts: 92

As long as war takes place in games its fine..just dont let it happen in real life

I think the real purpose in these games, more than anything is to de-sensitize us to war while also showing us how to handle ourselves.  Let's face it, would you be shocked if another war broke out right now?  Most of us would probably shrug it off like..whatever... We're all used to these situations, the step from boy to soldier isn't such a big one anymore. I know to reload my AK under cover, not out in the open.  I'm halfway trained already!! how convenient.

• MizabMizab Member Posts: 149

I think the real purpose in these games, more than anything is to de-sensitize us to war while also showing us how to handle ourselves.  Let's face it, would you be shocked if another war broke out right now?  Most of us would probably shrug it off like..whatever... We're all used to these situations, the step from boy to soldier isn't such a big one anymore. I know to reload my AK under cover, not out in the open.  I'm halfway trained already!! how convenient.
    I really wanted to stay away from this thread but I just can't with some of the things you say. I just can't believe you really can claim you are half trained because you know how to "reload your AK under cover". First you aren't going to be using an AK in the army you don't get to choose your weapon I also highly doubt you really know how to reload an AK maybe in a game you know how to hit a button but in RL it's not that easy. FPS are great fun but in no way do they prepare you for combat. Combat would be great if it was always say 16 on 16 and you respawned you died oh and getting shot so what someone can come by and heal you. I mean come on man really do you think playing FPS prepares you for combat in any way. You claim it can desensitize you hell no a FPS can never prepare soemone for the shock of real combat not even close hell when I went through boot I still wasn't prepared and they try hard to do it there.

One thing I will agree with you though is I do belive games like AA is a recurtiment tool to try and make combat look fun or something crazy like that and I really have problems with that.

• obs1997obs1997 Member Posts: 3

No war, please!!!!!!!!

• shilei20shilei20 Member Posts: 1

No war games, no bloody games.But is this possible?

I really wanted to stay away from this thread but I just can't with some of the things you say. I just can't believe you really can claim you are half trained because you know how to "reload your AK under cover". First you aren't going to be using an AK in the army you don't get to choose your weapon I also highly doubt you really know how to reload an AK maybe in a game you know how to hit a button but in RL it's not that easy. FPS are great fun but in no way do they prepare you for combat. Combat would be great if it was always say 16 on 16 and you respawned you died oh and getting shot so what someone can come by and heal you. I mean come on man really do you think playing FPS prepares you for combat in any way. You claim it can desensitize you hell no a FPS can never prepare soemone for the shock of real combat not even close hell when I went through boot I still wasn't prepared and they try hard to do it there.

One thing I will agree with you though is I do belive games like AA is a recurtiment tool to try and make combat look fun or something crazy like that and I really have problems with that.

It's hard for me to communicate my thoughts correctly.  When I say I'm already half trained.  You can't take that half and fukin measure it.  My basic point is, if I was to join the army, I would be in familiar territory. I wouldn't be shocked if I was sent to war and told to search out an area and kill anyone I see.  My mind would easily draw upon my experiences from the game.  Now of course in no way is that actual training, but it acts as experience.  It ease's the initiation.  Desensitizes me to it.  No you wouldn't send a kid out to war with only video game training lol.. come on.   When I said AK, man... I don't know shit about guns, it was the only gun I could think of lol.. I knew someone was gonna make an issue out of that hahahaha... whatever man, I never play FPS's, they never appealed to me so that's just the little training I've got.  Imagine the people who play FPS's/ War Strategy's exclusively.  Much more prepared than I would be. 

I think it's a little odd how you say things like "in no way does that prepare you for combat" because it definitely prepares you in someways.  About as much as you could hope to be prepared from a simulation.  In the actual army, they use simulations to further train themselves so I don't see how you can be so oblivious.

• MizabMizab Member Posts: 149

It's hard for me to communicate my thoughts correctly.  When I say I'm already half trained.  You can't take that half and fukin measure it.  My basic point is, if I was to join the army, I would be in familiar territory. I wouldn't be shocked if I was sent to war and told to search out an area and kill anyone I see.  My mind would easily draw upon my experiences from the game.  Now of course in no way is that actual training, but it acts as experience.  It ease's the initiation.  Desensitizes me to it.  No you wouldn't send a kid out to war with only video game training lol.. come on.   When I said AK, man... I don't know shit about guns, it was the only gun I could think of lol.. I knew someone was gonna make an issue out of that hahahaha... whatever man, I never play FPS's, they never appealed to me so that's just the little training I've got.  Imagine the people who play FPS's/ War Strategy's exclusively.  Much more prepared than I would be. 

I think it's a little odd how you say things like "in no way does that prepare you for combat" because it definitely prepares you in someways.  About as much as you could hope to be prepared from a simulation.  In the actual army, they use simulations to further train themselves so I don't see how you can be so oblivious.

My son just completed boot camp a while ago and in a few of his letters he wrote me about a guy that played FPS and thought he was somehow going to be prepared they guy ended up dropping out and getting recycled. My son and I play a decent amount of FPS and he pretty much agree's army life and everything about the army in general is completely different then any video game.

Why it took me so long to reply is because I just had a chance to talk to him about use of simulations he said about the only simulation he had was before he went to the firing range they had something that helped him zero in his rifle. Other then that he said there was nothing else. So I will stick by my statement that video games don't prepare you for combat at all. It would be like saying I have watched a ton of E.R. So I am somewhat prepared to be a doctor.

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236

There are just so many damn war games and FPS's coming out now.. it's all I see.  So what's the plan here? just coincidence?  seems like we're being trained to be less and less traumatized by war at earlier ages as if to prepare us.  It doesn't suprise me when you think of all the other evils of this world.  MSG, Aspartame, Flouride in the tap water.. All with purpose in mind, you think they don't know how bad these substances are?
    Everyone should look up some video's on David Icke.  Or read some of his books, he has a really amazing theory as to why the world is structured the way it is, and it makes perfect sense.  I'm just tryin to wake some people up to the possibility our so called "government" is not looking out for us, and is much more focused on how to control us.
    Couple things I know for sure, never get a vaccine, or silver fillings (contain 50% mercury).  Never drink tap water, eat MSG (it's in everything.. good luck on that) or consume Aspartame, (common ingredient in soda) Those are a couple definate dangers, most are very hard to avoid but do the best you can.  The body can handle some poison and our immune system will do it's job getting rid of them, it's when we intake too much for our body to handle that disease manifests.  Hate to break it to ya's but cell phones.. try to limit the use, they are linked to brain cancer.  You've all heard rumors well.. if it's even possible why take a chance?
    Not sure I even have a point to this post lol.. just a friendly warning not to blindly believe what you hear from anyone, especially the media!! think for yourself!! and check out David Icke.  very interesting.

all economy's are consumer driven, all medical reasearch is based on medical need, water purification, all these thing are based upon need or want of the general population.

having been in and retired from the plumbing industry, as well as involved with the making of rules, IE laws, at the sate lvl, I became aware of information from those much more learned than this broke down ol plumber. one that is pertinent here , is that the north american continent is the only comtinent, that sustains, an aquifer, capable, of producing drinkable water straight out of the ground. Yes there is more thsn one aquifer here, thats not what Im getting at, so I'll jus ignore that whole line of argument. The auquifers in the rest of the world have been contaminated by thousands of years of human bio contamination, and it is unfixable. all we can do is treat the water, try not to contaminate it any more, or die. You can find this info and much more simply by googleing it , or going to your sate board of plumbing examiners.

As to games, well, poker teaches a person to take away another person money by gile, and mathematics, we probably wont be outlawing mathematics anytime soon. As to gile, well, thats in every game, whether one is killing aliens or playing a game of jax.

it's good to Wake up to the effects of things. however,  in doing so there is but one coclusion that is not specific to government, race, religeon, or sex, and is best put simply, in this fashion.

Welcome to the human race. No one gets out alive.