Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Bonus Experience Weekends

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

SOE has announced that they will be holding two bonus experience weekends, this weekend and the next, in celebration of Frostfell and the holiday season.

In celebration of Frostfell coming to Norrath we will be holding a pair of 20% bonus experience weekends! During these weekends, all players of EverQuest II will enjoy a boost in adventure and tradeskill experience gain to celebrate our Norrathian holiday!

The first bonus experience weekend will begin Friday, December 21st at approximately 3:00 PM PST and last until approximately 10:00 AM PST on Monday, December 24th.

The second bonus experience weekend will begin Friday, December 28th at approximately 3:00 PM PST and last until approximately 10:00 AM PST on Monday, December 31st.

Happy questing and happy Frostfell!

Read more here.

Comments

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

Is this the first time the game has adopted a Korean-style "Bonus!!! Exp!!! Weekend!!!!!!" 

I guess the devs want the week off like everyone else and this is easier than actually making an effort to develop and run REAL holiday Content .

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

You must be smart. They have added real holiday content. If you play EQ2 you would see this. Its called a present of some sorts, to help some of the new players out. Remember this game is a few years old, not alot of NEW players around. But to be honest, this is the first game I have played were higher level players actually want to help you. Seriously, have you ever got a pm from anyone in any game like WoW or VG were a high lvl player asks YOU if you need help? I think sony has done to this game is amazing, especially when comparing it to whats going on over on the VG side of things.  

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

I might level my Necro up a bit.  I BETA-tested Kunark and thought it was quite amazing.  I really want to experience some of the Rise of Kunark content.

[BIAS:  Amazing for me because of my experiences with EQ 1.]*

*For those who never experienced EQ 1 with Kunark, Rise of Kunark might seem less than amazing.

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

• NightGod473NightGod473 Member Posts: 32

You obviously haven't played EQ2 at all. They have added a entire new zone (full of special tradeskill components and recipes to create a ton of new house and clothing items and fully decorated with a giant lighted tree, easter egg references to classic movies and flying reindeer) an NPC that hands out gifts (fluff items that include wearable costume pieces and house items) and a handful of quests (ranging from a FedEx-style one that results in a unique house item to a snowball fight against other players that rewards a snowman illusion wand to a few involved quests that involve a fair amount of time and story and result in some unique house items and a significant amount of experience). Add in the snowballs that you can pelt other players with (and the fruitcake you can craft to throw, as well) and it's easily the most involved "winter holiday" event I've seen in a game.

The 20% bonus experience is above and beyond all of that-it's definitely anything BUT laziness on the dev's part.