Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

unofficially confirmed: Star Wars mmo by BioWar

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

http://www.primotechnology.com/2007/10/19/biowares-upcoming-mmo-based-in-kotor-universe/

Editor’s Note 2- We’ve gotten several emails asking about the validity of this news. The only rumors we post here at Primotech will explicitly be stated as such.

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

its based in the kotor timeline, they did not say weather its kotor online or not...

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
    Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

Old news, sorry man :/

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Originally posted by Pjay2k

http://www.primotechnology.com/2007/10/19/biowares-upcoming-mmo-based-in-kotor-universe/
    Editor’s Note 2- We’ve gotten several emails asking about the validity of this news. The only rumors we post here at Primotech will explicitly be stated as such.
     Not to sound like a hater but I'm guessing if Bioware was ready to let the information out they would announce it publically not just give it only to a 2 bit website almost no ones ever heard of.

IMHO fake like a seven dollar bill.

• ExuperyExupery Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by winter

Not to sound like a hater but I'm guessing if Bioware was ready to let the information out they would announce it publically not just give it only to a 2 bit website almost no ones ever heard of.

http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/ 

I'm sure Bioware has good reasons for not announcing anything specific yet, I would guess we can expect to hear something more concrete in Q1.

• AltosAltos Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Exupery

Originally posted by winter

http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/ 

I'm sure Bioware has good reasons for not announcing anything specific yet, I would guess we can expect to hear something more concrete in Q1.

Again - OLD NEWS.  That press release was from 10/30/07.  This could be anything, and currently BioWare lists that project separately from the MMO.

• PreCUPreCU Member Posts: 382

"unofficially confirmed" is an oxymoron

• so2404so2404 Member Posts: 57

IF  they announce its a star wars themed project, it will have to wait until LA take the license from SOE.

which is why they probably haven't announced anything yet, given that its been in development since late04/early05

but i heard rumors like 2 years ago that they were making kotor3 and then making the mmo based after that games story in the same time line, or it will be a lame tie into the live action star wars show which i highly doubt.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by PreCU

"unofficially confirmed" is an oxymoron
    QFE

These constant "unofficial confirmations" are tedious and silly.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by so2404

IF  they announce its a star wars themed project, it will have to wait until LA take the license from SOE.
    which is why they probably haven't announced anything yet, given that its been in development since late04/early05
    but i heard rumors like 2 years ago that they were making kotor3 and then making the mmo based after that games story in the same time line, or it will be a lame tie into the live action star wars show which i highly doubt.

It depends on how long the exclusivity of the license was written to be.  A couple LEC employees made comments a bit over a year ago that the Star Wars IP was big enough for more then one MMO.  There is no way LEC would have signed a licensing agreement that gave exclusive rights to the IP to an outside company in perpetuity.

If the Bioware MMO does turn out to be Star Wars, the first major mistake LEC has made with it is not pulling the license from SOE and shutting down SWG.  SWG's extremely poor reputation is going to make many people gunshy about buying another Star Wars MMO.  Either they are clueless about SWG's reputation, or they think Bioware's reputation will make it a non-factor.

• LordSicLordSic Member Posts: 142

Unofficially confirmed is retard speak for  - TRUTH !  ! ! ! ! !!

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

What would you do in the place of  LA  working with an scruffy company like $OE who 80 % of possible MMO customers  hates or at least  not  trust  or renew partnership with a company who always had success with your IP licence.

It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is  the right thing to do .   Disappointing it took them that long at LA , thought the guys were smarter , but seems they had  tolearn the feel of beeing unsuccessful  first with the bitter pill of post-CU SWG.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)