Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are you sure you want to play this game or return to it ?

nebula2008nebula2008 Member Posts: 4

First off consider this.

This game is not working as intended it never has.

There has been lag or desynchs for to many players in 1 system for over 3 years.

not 1 solution or idea came on this issue.

Do you get a fair treatment when something bad happens like losing ships or unable to log into the game.

Well you don't get your money back for lost game time and if you will get reimbursed is based on wether you lost it to a alliance/corp that has GM'S in it.

Thats right the ppl who are the service desk of ccp/eve are playing in the game itself.

and time and time again it was proven that reactions from gm's like "there is no lag" or "we can not find anything in the logs" while it was so obvious that there was fraps videos posted all over how someone could not log in for hours got 1 of those nice standard reply from gm's

Then we come to the biggest scandal in eve where a dev in bob was discovered to abuse his ingame abilitys and knowledge of future changes in the game to BoB's advantage.

With other words cheating the game we and you all pay 15 bucks a month for just to get cheated.

you would expect a company like ccp would notice these happenings but no it wasn't found until a community member found out about it and reported it.

Every patch so far brings new bugs and they keep patching and not fixing all of the older bugs.

So the longer this game exists the more bugs are added.

Another interesting fact because i am only stating facts here.

We had a new DEV named ZULUPARK that had brainstormed with all DEVS to nerf carriers.

I am not going to deep into what the nerf contained but his dev blog stated they had brainstormed alot of time on this nerf.

Now we had half of the eve community screaming at ccp wth are you thinking.

How much time did you give this thought.

It resulted in not implementing the nerf but not saying anything to the community about it.

This resulted in allot of ppl thinking if they where wrong about this one and it took all of us to make them realize it how many nerfs before this was this bad being thought threw.

There is allot more FACTS that could be added here but it is already a wall of text so i leave it at this.

if you want my honest opinion on this game i am still paying for it only to hope ccp will fix it all one day but after 3 years with all the cheating by their own employers all the bugs that haven't been fixed for years and the ignorance from the company itself to their customers my patience is running out.

It seems its to busy focusing on getting awards then fixing its game.

- A unhappy customer

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Ill just say two things:

1) You are not saying everything. Like the real story about the carrierchanges..

2) ><///(°>

p.s. can i have your...?

• airstrikeairstrike Member UncommonPosts: 373

1.I stopped reading after you were whining that CCP doesnt reinburse your ship losses,why well I am assuming you lost a ship in pvp and filed a petition to get it back,even tho the lag was only on your side.

2.What is the point of this thread.

3.I bet you love bashing games since you made a account to bash eve.

• nebula2008nebula2008 Member Posts: 4

normally i do not reply to ppl that do not get the point of the post.

but just FYI i have always got my ships reimbursed maybe i got a gm in my corp who knows why.

i even got ships reimbursed when it was not justified.

so far for your theory.

And the point of this thread is showing ppl the current state of the game with actual facts and that they should take this into their consideration before they make a decision.

In your case the game is probably all nice and dandy and there is no lag for you and you dont believe that devs have given certain alliances a big advantage ingame that they can never work out again.

Anyway this will be my last reply to ppl like you what you are seeing is facts i have found during my gametime in eve and i am showing them to the ppl who are still considering playing this game or thinking to return to it.

• devilishlydodevilishlydo Member Posts: 30

But you're not posting 'actual facts,' you're posting a giant crybaby whinefest. Face it, buddy, Eve's not for everyone. If it's not for you, there are a host of other fine games to choose from.

• nebula2008nebula2008 Member Posts: 4

if they do not look like facts to you you have not been playing eve yourself.

and eve is for everyone there is no whining in my thread there are warnings, facts to show ppl what they are signing up for.

and if there was a space mmo i would have switched a long time ago.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Honestly, I think you should stop paying. I don't think your going to see the changes you want to see. I have seen a lot of changes in the time I have played, and while I am indifferent to many of them, many of them I really like. Overall I am very happy with CCP and EVE, and I think there are allot of players that feel as I do.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by nebula2008

First off consider this.

There has been lag or desynchs for to many players in 1 system for over 3 years. Then dont go to Jita Duh!

Do you get a fair treatment when something bad happens like losing ships or unable to log into the game. Yes

Well you don't get your money back for lost game time and if you will get reimbursed is based on wether you lost it to a alliance/corp that has GM'S in it.

Thats right the ppl who are the service desk of ccp/eve are playing in the game itself. Of course and why not its a good game and its a good way of seeing what teh game needs

and time and time again it was proven that reactions from gm's like "there is no lag" or "we can not find anything in the logs" while it was so obvious that there was fraps videos posted all over how someone could not log in for hours got 1 of those nice standard reply from gm's LoL lie much

Then we come to the biggest scandal in eve where a dev in bob was discovered to abuse his ingame abilitys and knowledge of future changes in the game to BoB's advantage. Err he didnt do much at all and it was stopped when it was discovered by the senior Devs. And this is no more than what happens in every other MMO.

With other words cheating the game we and you all pay 15 bucks a month for just to get cheated. LoL

you would expect a company like ccp would notice these happenings but no it wasn't found until a community member found out about it and reported it. And how could CCP discovr this themselveseven quicker than the hacker? The dev was carefullto coveer his tracksand knew how to do it as he made the game. and in the end he didnt do a lot.

Every patch so far brings new bugs and they keep patching and not fixing all of the older bugs. Just like every other MMO then

So the longer this game exists the more bugs are added. BS your acting ike they dont Fix bugs.

We had a new DEV named ZULUPARK that had brainstormed with all DEVS to nerf carriers. Not a nerf they were being used as both an uber PvP ship AND a jump drive fitted Freighter which was NOT how they were intended to be used. They were intended to be used as fleet support ships and nothing else not as solo Pwn mobiles.

I am not going to deep into what the nerf contained why am inot suprised but his dev blog stated they had brainstormed alot of time on this nerf.

How much time did you give this thought. Half!!! There are 210,000 people in EvE and there are NOT 55,000 Carriers ingame. They are a rich persons toy. Most dont even care about this change beause they will never be able to afford a carrier.

It resulted in not implementing the nerf but not saying anything to the community about it.

This resulted in allot of ppl thinking you mean you and your alliance richboy buddies if they where wrong about this one and it took all of us to make them realize it how many nerfs before this was this bad being thought threw.

A lot of waffle

Hmm i wonder if your a carrier pilot in Jita?

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Nevermind
    It's just not worth debating. If you don't like it? Don't play. That simple.

PS: Be on the lookout for more threads like this. Band of Brothers got their TS conversation recorded and one of their ideas is to come to MMORPG.COM (yep, they actually mentioned it specifically) and blast the game as much as possible so that they could 'get back' at CCP for being 'unfair' to them.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• mrchinchin25mrchinchin25 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Taram

Nevermind

PS: Be on the lookout for more threads like this. Band of Brothers got their TS conversation recorded and one of their ideas is to come to MMORPG.COM (yep, they actually mentioned it specifically) and blast the game as much as possible so that they could 'get back' at CCP for being 'unfair' to them.

yeah i've read a transcript of the ts convo (assuming its not fake goonie propaganda) and its a bit depressing how whiny people can be :(

At the end of the day, you pays your money, you decide if you want to play.

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332

if they do not look like facts to you you have not been playing eve yourself.
    and eve is for everyone there is no whining in my thread there are warnings, facts to show ppl what they are signing up for.
    and if there was a space mmo i would have switched a long time ago.
    I play EVE, and your facts are all overblown with regards to the impact on the average player.  None of them have ever impacted me except the problems in Jita.  Guess what? I never go to Jita during peak hours.  Problem solved.

You created an alt/new account here strictly to bash EVE.  Such posts are seldom well received and do appear to be nothing but trolling whinefests by a disgruntled player.

BTW, there is another space mmo, SWG, maybe that would be more along the lines of something you could handle.

EVE has its flaws of course, but overall its a fine game for many gamers looking for something a bit different.

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

• SkitBraSkitBra Member Posts: 11

yadda yadda yadda

- A unhappy BOB customer

bitter much bobbit?

/SkitBra

• paul0016paul0016 Member Posts: 39

I am 100% sure i want to play this game, thanks for asking

• BecomingBecoming Member UncommonPosts: 4

First off consider this.

There has been lag or desynchs for to many players in 1 system for over 3 years.

Do you get a fair treatment when something bad happens like losing ships or unable to log into the game.

Thats right the ppl who are the service desk of ccp/eve are playing in the game itself.

and time and time again it was proven that reactions from gm's like "there is no lag" or "we can not find anything in the logs" while it was so obvious that there was fraps videos posted all over how someone could not log in for hours got 1 of those nice standard reply from gm's

Then we come to the biggest scandal in eve where a dev in bob was discovered to abuse his ingame abilitys and knowledge of future changes in the game to BoB's advantage.

With other words cheating the game we and you all pay 15 bucks a month for just to get cheated.

you would expect a company like ccp would notice these happenings but no it wasn't found until a community member found out about it and reported it.

Every patch so far brings new bugs and they keep patching and not fixing all of the older bugs.

So the longer this game exists the more bugs are added.

We had a new DEV named ZULUPARK that had brainstormed with all DEVS to nerf carriers.

I am not going to deep into what the nerf contained but his dev blog stated they had brainstormed alot of time on this nerf.

How much time did you give this thought.

This resulted in allot of ppl thinking if they where wrong about this one and it took all of us to make them realize it how many nerfs before this was this bad being thought threw.

There is allot more FACTS that could be added here but it is already a wall of text so i leave it at this.

if you want my honest opinion on this game i am still paying for it only to hope ccp will fix it all one day but after 3 years with all the cheating by their own employers all the bugs that haven't been fixed for years and the ignorance from the company itself to their customers my patience is running out.

It seems its to busy focusing on getting awards then fixing its game.

- A unhappy customer

Are you one of the disgruntled BoB that "really wants to fuck over CCP"?  For the quote, be sure to check out the BoB TS .mp3.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by Taram

Nevermind

AAAHHHHHH

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• kolaskmibagkolaskmibag Member Posts: 12

Then we come to the biggest scandal in eve where a dev in bob was discovered to abuse his ingame abilitys and knowledge of future changes in the game to BoB's advantage. Err he didnt do much at all and it was stopped when it was discovered by the senior Devs. And this is no more than what happens in every other MMO.

this isn't accurate, CCP discovered that this happened and the dev (T20) was diciplined in some fasion.

he still works for the company as a developer.

It wasn't until later that the "hacker" discovered this, and then revealed it on his website, then the whole scandal broke. but this was a full 6 months after the company discovered the situation.

In some mis-handeling of the situation i think the BPO's were not removed from BoB's ownership until after all of eve went nuts when they heard about the T20 scandal.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Yes, I am sure I want to play this game. 

• ElindrilElindril Member Posts: 21

I'm sure that I want to play this game again.  In about a month or two when I'm not burned out, bc5 finishes(gogo unsubbed skilltrains!), when I have a videocard that supports shadermodel 3, and when trinity is all ironed out.  Also possibly(since it coincides timewise) after the socalled "boost patch" arriaves, as i'm also about 2 weeks from flying a pilgrim and its horseshit at the moment.

• greywolf8404greywolf8404 Member Posts: 123

Wow I did want to join BOB eventually. Now they just seem like a bunch of uneducated cry babies. Funny part is that they started wanting to discredit CCP and ended up making themselves look like a bunch of ret*rds. Stick to trying to take over the Universe guys, I hear at least you are kinda good at that.

"And thus I clothe my naked villany/ with old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ/ and seem a saint when most I play the devil." Shakespeare's Richard III Act I Scene 3.

• FinwolvenFinwolven Member Posts: 289

To answer the OP's flame/question: Yes, I want to play the game. And I do.

... Is there anything to discuss? OP's flame seems to be of the opinion that EVE needs to be 'punished' by people not playing the game somehow. Maybe everyone not playing it and thus not subject to the 'awful misdeeds' catalogued by the OP could go to Iceland and kick a CCP employee in the ankle.

Icelandair will thank you for the exceptional year, and CCP will issue their employees with mandatory ankle guards/combat boots. Everyone wins. :)

• MotorYogurtMotorYogurt Member Posts: 5

Fact is a game of this depth is bound to run into this type of stuff. Live with the metagaming or stick to WoW.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Zulupark is the "newest" dev but hes been on the team for 2 years so its not like some new guy has come along and is nerfing everything and it cant be just him behind the nerfs but for some reason they keep sending the poor guy out to face the rabble every time there are changes that might cause controversy.

Lag is something that all online games suffer from and its not going to go away for a while yet, but regarding ship reimbursement is clearly in EVEs TOS that lag is not a grounds for reimbursements as its to complicated to discern every time who's fault it was and people do try it on when they lose a ship, its no wonder when faced with a torrent of reimbursement claims that they just copy and paste "our logs show nothing"

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• crazyivencrazyiven Member Posts: 142

lag is lag, but might be your side, I often have no issues with it. Bugs in the update, they will go away. And I have had ships replaced by ccp due to game issues. So your thred has really no point to most.

Been in eve from early 04

• LonewolfLonewolf Member UncommonPosts: 252

Lag will be a perpetual aspect of any online game, as will server loads, it is just a reality that we live in a age where our demands of a type of service just cannot be provided by the technology we currently have

As for bugs and problems still being in the game for over 5yrs, no mmorpg is any different, WoW has been out 3+yrs and you still have bugs with the mages blink

Learn to accept these inherent flaws of online gaming or just stop playing them

• AedosenAedosen Member Posts: 234

Yep, I'm sure