Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account reactivated! . . . well, sorta

MordithMordith Member UncommonPosts: 210

I played EVE for a very short time a while ago and just received an email which had a subject line: "Your EVE Account has been re-activated!"  When I saw the subject I was thinking maybe I will check it out again.  But then I read the body of the email: 

"Your account has been re-activated.  To use it all you have to do is pay $9.95 for the first month and $14.95 per month after that..."

Maybe it's me, but that doesn't sound like much of an enticement.  If you really want to try to get people back into the game, how about offering some free time to prior subscribers like Vanguard just did? Granted Vanguard is horrible, but I at least gave it another shot because they offered some free time.

Comments

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243

They've done so in the past, and TBH I'm surprised they didn't with Trinity launched.

Perhaps they figure that anyone that wants to give the new graphics a looky-see would download the new client and use a trial sub.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Strange that you should have posted about this because i just logged in to post about the same thing myself.

I think that they have missed a trick with this one to be honest because if they had offered something along the lines of maybe a free month, three months for 20.00 or three months for 9.95/month instead of just one month for 9.95 i would have been very tempted to go back and give it another chance.

EVE is one of the more expensive monthly charges as it is so a very small one month reduction such as this one is going to do little to bring back a large amount of people. Shame really.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.