Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ascension show, the GuildWars show from The Sanitarium!

13»

Comments

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Sorry I can't listen and participate Lone, but if you would not mind dropping a brief synopsis about people's speculation on this Balth faction thing I would be interested. 

I have absolutely no use for it anymore and can only buy tourney tokens which I will never use.  I hope whatever they do with Balth, they will allow players to trade tournament tokens towards the stuff as well.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by 8hammer8

Sorry I can't listen and participate Lone, but if you would not mind dropping a brief synopsis about people's speculation on this Balth faction thing I would be interested. 
    I have absolutely no use for it anymore and can only buy tourney tokens which I will never use.  I hope whatever they do with Balth, they will allow players to trade tournament tokens towards the stuff as well.

Its being copy/pasted and having the swearing removed (probably about 90% of it lol) as we speak  

imageimage

I could not find the copy and pasted discussion on your forum, maybe I missed it? 

Can you provide a directly link, or can you use your damned CTRL+C/CTRL+V skills and make a thread here?

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

I could not find the copy and pasted discussion on your forum, maybe I missed it? 
    Can you provide a directly link, or can you use your damned CTRL+C/CTRL+V skills and make a thread here?

its not up yet the person doing it has been AFK, it'll be up here and on the station forums aswell as Guru and The Guild-Hall.net as soon as its done

imageimage

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Tonight (29th November)on The Ascension, we're discussing:

Your thoughts of -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Patrick
    We are working on a new use for Balthazar Faction. I cannot give too many details, but I will say that, IMO, it is quite, quite epic.

Upcoming (unknown) Balth Faction uses

What do you think they are?

Are they too late in coming?

Are you even bothered?

Come and talk about it and any other topics that are close to your heart!

PM me here, or through the station forum @ http://forum.sanitarium.fm and i'll read out as many as i get on air and we'll see you in the station #GuildWars IRC channel

Tonight, 9pm til Midnight GMT, 4pm til 7pm EST

Ok, i've been through the IRC log of last Thursdays show and here's a quick run down of some of the ideas people came up with in IRC:

*  Guild Hall improvements

*  New Guild halls unlockable with faction

*  Convert faction into reputation with different factions (Luxon, Kurzick, Norn, etc...)

*  Convert faction to reward points to use at Tahlkano for weapon and armour skins

There were a few more ideas, but nothing repeatable here ;)

imageimage

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

New Guild halls unlockable with faction

this sounds interesting , like everyone in the guild can deposit bath faction , and when it reaches a number , the guild leader will have more guildhalls to buy with the sigil. and so on.

like this the active pvp guilds will have unique guildhalls.

very cool imo

Originally posted by neoteo

this sounds interesting , like everyone in the guild can deposit bath faction , and when it reaches a number , the guild leader will have more guildhalls to buy with the sigil. and so on.
    very cool imo

/agree...

...feel like I am hoping on Neoteo coat-tails after these last two posts. 

Guild Hall unlockables as well as armors and skinis for Balth would be a big thumbs up for me.  Like I said, I have nothing left to do with Balthazar Faction, so anything is better than nothing (and I consider tournament tokens nothing).

*edit*  Thanks for dropping the info Lone...too bad you had to sensor it

Originally posted by neoteo

very cool imo

/agree...

...feel like I am hoping on Neoteo coat-tails after these last two posts. 

Guild Hall unlockables as well as armors and skinis for Balth would be a big thumbs up for me.  Like I said, I have nothing left to do with Balthazar Faction, so anything is better than nothing (and I consider tournament tokens nothing).

*edit*  Thanks for dropping the info Lone...too bad you had to sensor it

yes, there was many quips about male a female genitals and references to animals that needed to be cropped (ok, no there wasn't, but I'm not allowed to post some of what was said, so a cropped, "here's the general few ideas", post seemed better)

imageimage

Tonight (06th December) on The Ascension, we're discussing:

Your thoughts of -

The game as it is and the bonus mission pack

How are you finding the game?

Bored?

Just waiting for guild Wars 2?

Come and talk about it and any other topics that are close to your heart!

PM me here, or through the station forum @ http://forum.sanitarium.fm and i'll read out as many as i get on air and we'll see you in the station #GuildWars IRC channel

Tonight, 9pm til Midnight GMT, 4pm til 7pm EST

imageimage

ok, tonights show sucked...  

I'll try and find something to cover next week

imageimage

ok, tonights show sucked...  

I'll try and find something to cover next week
    Maybe try: Overweight Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted By UFO's And Forced Into Weight-loss Camps...

That should bring in the masses...

Sorry to hear things didn't go well

• DauthixDauthix Member Posts: 222

I only caught the last ten minutes or so...what sucked about it?

My current Guild Wars character:

Dauthix The Avenger (Paragon/Ranger)

Originally posted by Dauthix

Sweet FA discussion, the games just really slow at the moment and sod all to cover

imageimage

Sweet FA discussion, the games just really slow at the moment and sod all to cover

I guess that's to be expected.

With great regret I'm calling The Ascension show to a close and the show on December 27th will be the last Guild Wars 1 Ascension show...

The show will return during the beta's for Guild Wars 2 and special edition shows will happen to mark special occasions and any releases that may happen between now and GW2, thanks to everyone that supported the show

~LoneSamurai

imageimage

I'm sorry to hear that.  I guess interest in the game is declining.  We'll just have to see you around for GW2.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I guess interest in the game is declining.  We'll just have to see you around for GW2.
    I'll be here

I'm actually planning another show for the same timeslot already, if its not ready for january then at least it will be up and running for beginning of February

imageimage