Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Character Skin Updates

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

SOE has released some images showing updates to the skins of the dark elf, half elf and human models in EverQuest II.  Here is the official post with links to their profile pages:

Character Models Updated
We have recently updated many of our character models to give them a more refined look. Check out the new skins on our dark elf, half elf, and human models. Some races, such as humans, have an age slider that allows you to select whether you would prefer to look young or a take on a more seasoned appearance.

In the coming weeks we will reveal more examples of our updated character models.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

Hmm, those do look a lot better - but something still looks odd about them. All that aside though, big step up in my opinion.

I've been thinking more and more about getting this game, but I'm going to have to do my research.

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

It is an improvement. 

SOE can do better! 

I hate to say this, but the SOE artists should network with some of the NCSoft guys.  The current presentation is still quite amaturish.  Sorry SOE.  image

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by garretth
    It is an improvement.
    SOE can do better!
    I hate to say this, but the SOE artists should network with some of the NCSoft guys. The current presentation is still quite amaturish. Sorry SOE. image

I don't know what you are smoking but it is obviously some good stuff. Lineage II doesn't even come close to the graphics that Everquest II has at the moment. The characters, armors, land, and water all look much better. They look real

• TheHiddenOneTheHiddenOne Member Posts: 66

I think these are better than before but they still look a little "off" to me. I think the Dark Elves simply don't look evil enough and all the races still have disproportionate relative upper and lower body lengths.

Still really looking forward to this game though :)

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Seriously, what's up with the EQ character models and their stumpy legs and awkward frames...

EQ2! The Short-Bus Conspiracy image

Joined - July 2004

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996
    Can you update a game that isn't released?

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

I'm just wondering what the hells up with the oven mitts the Dark Elf guy is wearing in the third picture.

The textures are better, but it mostly looks like they were the same textures just they have shading and proper lighting, etc added in now. Color me a cynic, but I have no faith left in any of the game companies to do the job right. Thankfully, there are a ton of cool looking games comeing out for the console systems which work as intended out of the box in all buit a few cases, and I can rent them for a couple bucks before plunking down $50 on a box which may just be filled with cat turds from the devs litterboxes.

-------
    They panic, so... just hold them down
    I could live like this
    I'm closing in; hate all around
    I could be like this
    Hearing them; them in my head
    How can they be so sweet... sweet?

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Drakaeon

Originally posted by garretth
    It is an improvement.
    SOE can do better!
    I hate to say this, but the SOE artists should network with some of the NCSoft guys. The current presentation is still quite amaturish. Sorry SOE. image

I don't know what you are smoking but it is obviously some good stuff. Lineage II doesn't even come close to the graphics that Everquest II has at the moment. The characters, armors, land, and water all look much better. They look real

Lineage II is not the only game produced by NCSoft, ya know.  image

But with all honesty, NCSoft artists have created very attractive models....just not enough of them.  I'd like to see what EQII  would look like if the NCSoft artists could get their hand on the artwork.   I imagine it would be awesome.

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Dark Elves...they have been single handedly the most favored race in my opinion.  The original EverQuest did a great job at depicting their charecter, evil, strong, wise and resiliant enough to stand alone.  Great work on the backround with them.

Though, they may look frail/not evil enough, i'm sure that their armor in the long run will compensate for that in the future.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Wow, my post was deleted?!?!

I was just commenting how EQ put full outfits on the female character models instead of the way Lineage 2 has females dressed?!?! I think it is a huge improvement. I used a bit of sarcasm, but no bad words or anything?!?!

Is it possible for me to find out what part of my post required deleting?