Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG WTF ! ???

How in the hell do i go from 70 points to 40 points in one day ?

Explain this point system MMORPG.

Sharkdaddy

Sharkdaddy

Comments

• ZimokZimok Member Posts: 266

are you talking about rank?

they have already explained it

---------------------------------
    Zimok - PS - Emerald
    Zimok - SWG - Bloodfin

• Rob101Rob101 Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by sharkdaddy

How in the hell do i go from 70 points to 40 points in one day ?
    Explain this point system MMORPG.
    Sharkdaddy

ahhh   image  

70 - 30 = 40  okok check it .....40 + 30 = 70

imageYES I DID IT!image

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Heres a little song i wrote you might want to sing it note for note, dont worry.... do do do do do do, be happy , dont worry be happy now

image image image

• UOAndrommieUOAndrommie Member Posts: 47

ummmm....does rating really make a difference? Am I gonna get more googly animated faces the higher rating I get? Is posting on the forms some kinda MMORPG and nobody told me about it?  I've never paid any attention to the rating system...so does it make a difference on what I can post or not? Will more ppl respond to my post if I have 5 stars as opposed to 1 star?

Personally I think you are getting a little excited about nothing really.

*A game does not rule all other games...espcially if it hasn't been released yet.*

*A game does not rule all other games...espcially if it hasn't been released yet.*

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

i say who cares about rating btw rob, that avvy may get you into some trouble

image image image

• sharkdaddysharkdaddy Member Posts: 22

Wow you guys are alot of help.

Sharkdaddy

Sharkdaddy

• BeldaroBeldaro Member Posts: 119

Perhaps you posted alot of short, concise answers to other threads... low amount of words in your posts = lower rating.

Thats why i keep babbling blaaaa blablablabl about all kinds of stuffs blaaaaaaaaablablabl for no reason at all other then keeping my rating up blaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

btw did you guys see the game last night? good stuffs ^^ and the weather, rawks! lalalaaaaaa

_______________________________________________________________________________________

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131

The ranks mean very little, they are derived from multiple sources, post length (not content or how constructive it is), how active you are over a monthly period, if you get posts deleted/edited or if your thread is locked etc.

It's not worth worrying about, most decent people will judge you based on the content of your posts and not by a "score" created by a formula, imo anyway.

As for comments about "newbies" i hope that's sarcasm (if not its very sad) this is a forum not a game, everyone's opinion is valid, unless their trolling or flaming that is.

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

First of all, your rank should never exceed 40 simple because your name has 'shark' in it on a MMO based web site...

haha just kidding man.

I have a tough time keeping mine as an elite member. You have to be like 80+ i think? But the reason your rank would drop that much in 1 day was either because:

1. One of your posts was deleted for foul content and/or language.
    2. You posted useless 1 or 2 word replies on multiple threads.
    3. It didnt go down that much in 1 day, your lying. haha

Try posting longer posts with meaning. Not to say to just post like nuts and BS your way through every thread. If you have useful information then post it...if you don't, then why should you deserve to be considered an Elite Member?

PS. yes your rank does depend on the content involved in the post. if it is worthy and has quality.

-Farseen-

Played: UO, EQ, AO, SWG, FFXI, Shadowbane, EVE, Horizons, AC2, DAoC, L][

Current Testing: RYL, Everquest 2 (soon)

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

There is another case why it can drop such many points in one day. The system counts only the last 30 days. if you did now lots of postings 31 days ago they are no longer being counted. Therefore it can result in a huge drop.

Betatesting: 2 unknown games coming soon! :D :P
    Betatested: AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.
    Testing: none
    Playing: ?????
    Retired: EQ; DAoC; SWG; Shadowbane; UO free shards, Ashen Empires; Horizons; AC1; AC2
    Attempt to test or play: Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light, WoW, Mourning

Originally posted by Farseen
    PS. yes your rank does depend on the content involved in the post. if it is worthy and has quality.

No program can determine the quality or content of a post and there is no system whereby other forum users can rate posts, the only way quality determines your rank is negatively afaik, you loose rank if you post something that needs to be deleted or is edited by a mod.

Just because a post is long, doesn't mean it is constructive, and just because it is short doesn't mean it is useless and irrelevant ::::39:: A computer program can only asses the posts based on numbers and formulae, therefore a high rank means very little, i judge people based on the content of their posts and what they have said, is their argument good/valid? Have they put it across well? etc. Not how many stars a computer generates based on factors which say nothing about the argument at hand or the user.

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Well thats the description of the ranking system when you click "Your Account Settings"...but anyway, it does include how long your posts are. Which is good, because its rare to see people talking about something irrelevant for a long time in a post...

But yet of course, the star system isnt to help people make judgements on others...its just more of a sense to display the dedication a member has to the site and community.

-Farseen-

Played: UO, EQ, AO, SWG, FFXI, Shadowbane, EVE, Horizons, AC2, DAoC, L][

Current Testing: RYL, Everquest 2 (soon)

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

I think content does come into it to an extent. I swear I remember one of the Admins saying they could adjust peoples rankings during one of the bitchfests that accompanied people with only a few posts winning a contest. Could just be my faulty memory, though.

That being said, the MMORPG forums are a better source of MMO entertainment than 99% of the games out there, and the skill based progression doesn't have all the balance issues of many of the games out there.

-------
    I was never what you wanted, I could never never please.
    I swallowed all our sorrow in the midst of my disease.
    All my fortunes, all my gains, all the battles I have won...
    Now collapsing like the rain, I stand alone, your only son...

Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Sing softly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.

Originally posted by Coldmeat
    I think content does come into it to an extent. I swear I remember one of the Admins saying they could adjust peoples rankings during one of the bitchfests that accompanied people with only a few posts winning a contest. Could just be my faulty memory, though.

Ah yeah but thats manual tweaking where the system has gone wrong not the system giving ranks based on post content, much the same as deleting or editing of threads by the admin influences rating. ::::19::

Originally posted by Coldmeat
    That being said, the MMORPG forums are a better source of MMO entertainment than 99% of the games out there, and the skill based progression doesn't have all the balance issues of many of the games out there.

::::18:: lol thats one of the best analogies i've read on here, even better as its quiet true ::::35::

• HeimlichkeitHeimlichkeit Member Posts: 105
    I know post count doesn't really matter, but i kind of enjoy having a staus symbol, like atleast 3 stars, and maybe around 1000 posts, and also it's not too bad to have so people that do judge you on your forum rating don't think you're a newb because you have only one star. But on another forum i participate in i have over 1000 posts, and i think it's getting pretty close to 2000, so that's kind of gotten to my head and i'm not used to have like 4 posts or anything.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Well do like most "rank chasers" in this place. If you see a very long thread, and it has a question in it, preferale a yes/no one, quote the whole thing and just add a "yes" or "no" at the bottom.

The system could really use an overhaul as indeed rank does not mean much. And please dont do what I suggested, many threads are annoying to read as it is.. ::::39::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• BildgeratBildgerat Member Posts: 85

When it comes to Rank in here I would say that it matters only to the compeditive people, some of the people here have to be on top but if you look at the postings and the quality of them then the top eliete members are usually the ones that do research and pass on good info.

I commend the peple here who give good info and pass on their opinions in a very intelligent way and I appriciate all the work that is put in the postings.

I have a decent raiting but I am not striving to be one of the top ones here as I like to post opinions but I am limited on my game knowledge although I am pretty good in technical field and would like to see a tech thread started for issues that some of us can help others with.

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate