Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domo HITS OB TOMMORROW!!

Dream of mirror a new mmorpg hits open beta tommorrow, its a fun Unique looking game and its just a blast!!!

Comments

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

i played closed beta and didnt really enjoy it, youll see the grinding aspects of this game a lot sooner then most generic asian games.

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

omg... cool!

A child-friendly mmorpg!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (wake me when its over)

• NarkionOGNarkionOG Member UncommonPosts: 211

cant say i enjoyed it, but its better then most.. and yes child friendly

CurrentlyPlaying:League Of Draaaven.
    "this site needs a graveyard forum for us to mourn."

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247

YAY another wonderful asian mmo thats almost similar to the hundred or so already out there!! im so happy.....

this game has a few new features...but the questing is pretty much grinding...it really sux.

• demonlexdemonlex Member Posts: 42

another grinding asian mmo

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by demonlex

another grinding asian mmo
    Yah, but it's more enjoyable than most. The 'social' aspects are pretty neat, and the graphics are super cute...

And lord, I sound like on of those 'planted-posters'... Blah.

• mulkmulkmulkmulk Member Posts: 13

Unistalled because couldn't find how to turn it fullscreen :K

Anyways seemed like a boring grindobing.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by mulkmulk

Unistalled because couldn't find how to turn it fullscreen :K
    Anyways seemed like a boring grindobing.

Try the "system" button next time, just like 99% of every other game out there.

Originally posted by yllwfllw

cant say i enjoyed it, but its better then most.. and yes child friendly

Not really, unless you turn off the chat. The F2P kiddies have made it worse than the proverbial Barrens chat.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

I do like the ultra cutesy graphics but, nothing special here. Just another typical asian mmo

also I HATE those crap awful cutscenes they portray your character in, it makes everything like watching a really bad cliche anime

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

DOMO is a pretty decent game ,  from 1 to 30 its almost no grind if you get the right party. Its more of a Final Fantasy XI clone then an asian grind fest. Its job system is vastly superior to Ro2 , and FFXI , its more in line with Final Fantasy Tactics.

As you slot different job abilities into your main job to make it better. To get the most out the job you need to take it to 30. The quests are pretty typical kill monster , it has a much better storyline system when compared to FFXI , and most of the quests are repeatable , giving decent rewards.

The graphics are far better FFXI , more in line with Ro2 , but the game has much better anime feel to it than Ro2.

Takes about 4 to 5 hours to go from 10 to 20 , with most jobs , so far there are ton parties , at least  two spots to level at per bracket (10 to 15 , 15 to 20 , 20 to 25 , 25 to 30). Its less grind and more fun than FFXI do to the fact you can solo fine with most jobs , you can move around while in a party , and aoe isnt as danger as FFXI.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I've decided that from now on, anytime I find the word "grindfest" used in conjunction with a description of an MMO I will henceforth write the person off as mentally deficient.

How can any of you call ANY mmo a grindfest?  At this point, I thought I was pretty obvious that they ALL are.  Oh sure, perhaps they cloak the grind by altering what it is you grind FOR, but its there none the less.  IN WoW the level grind is pretty easy...but then you hit a brick wall of REPUTATION GRINDZORS at the end that quickly makes up for it.   Or tradeskill grinds...those are horrid.

So I really think that its prudent to ignore claims of this being a grindfest...especially since I hit level 15 in THIS game far quicker than I ever could in WoW.  Perhaps they just didn't understand core game mechanics?  Beyond 15 isn't any worse either...yes there IS a time when you really need to group a bit to see as fast xp gain as you did before.  This is so common in the genre that one should consider it a STAPLE at this point.

The real joy behind this whole thing is...the xp grind is insanely fun.  The whole time you are plotting out a course for your characters development, using new skills and seeing how they mesh with other class skills you can mix with it.  I've played maybe 4-5 days (NO more than 1-2 hours, if even, on any of them) and have 3 class leveled to 15 and all the others both open and level 11-13. 

Having to level each class separately is no big deal either (Again, its expected...you have to in all other MMO's, and they don't generally offer you the option of mixing class skills you've earned either) because as you pick up higher level abilities you can equip it essentially "overpowers" you low level classes when you go to level them.    You can, for instance, level Merc to 30 and pick up "Equip Spear" and the AoE and begin leveling Doctor using the very same skills you'd have had as a 30 Merc. 

Besides this, there are plenty of quests to supplement both your XP gain and your cash flow.  I haven't actually done any quests outside of the initial 4 you can get right as you enter Eversun.  So, obviously, you could level even faster than I have if you tried.  Couple this with the many group and guild events and challenges you can get involved in and you have PLENTY of breaks from the grinding tedium if you so choose to have it.  There are also several Cinematics you can get involved in. 

I see absolutely NOTHING in this game that makes it a grind at all.  I'd compare this grind to WoW...not "crappy asian mmo".

• HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

DOMO does have some grinding.  A lot of grinding if you intend to level cap ALL jobs.  After all, you need to level each job separately which can be a pain to younger players with little patience.

But such grinding is a good thing in games like DOMO.  It prevents ppl from maxing out all jobs and having access to all skills.  So a player can maintain uniqueness in his/her toon's build. 

One shortcoming though: Softstar was known to be slow in updating and adding new content, which plagued DOMO's release in asia and forced it to go from p2p to f2p.  If Softstar doesn't speed up updating & completing this game, there too will be erosion of playerbase in NA and EU versions.  It's not hard to reach level cap in a month or two in DOMO.  But on the good side, It's the only f2p game that I have a decent chance to reach the level cap.

As for its community, many players are so used to quest NPC's with big ? mark over their heads in other MMO's, that they often ignored quest NPC's which got them lost completely early in game.  Well, DOMO has that old rpg style where you have to talk to every npc to discover important links to the quests.  But overall, community has been great, and new players' questions get answered promptly.  It's one of the best f2p communities I've come across.