Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am done defending runescape...

devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Runescape was a fun game for families and friends, to be able to do things together helping each other, pking together...  but now it has lost it's luster. Not only did todays updates affect pkers, and clans but it affected the thousands of families that play together, trade items back and forth all the time with nothing in return except a thank you.  I am currently banned from runescape forums due to posting this :

We Play To PK- DEFINED- PLAYER-KILL.... NOT RUNESCAPE-KILL

Remove Update!

- No trading cooked for raw/raw for cooked

- No trading herbs for seeds/seeds for herbs

- No trading herbs+seconds+vials for pots

- No trading straight herbs for pots

- No trading cannonballs for steel bars

- No trading fletching supplies for finished products

- No giving double nats

- No trading hides for range armor sets

- No running bones to someone at your altar

- No law running

- No running planks for someone

- No training firemaking and woodcutting together. One person cuts the logs and gives to someone else to burn.

- No hiring people to tan your hides for you

- No giving free loads of fish to people when you're power

fishing

- NO World 16, air's for essance program.

- No tab making companies

- No ore running

- No X-Mas Gifts, No helping friends no charity to new players!

- No ESS FOR RUNES >.<

- No BARS FOR ARMOR

- No ore for knives

- No reliable way to make money

- No drop parties

- No rewards from clan wars

- No chivalry in pking

- No customer service

- No fun

- No point in playing anymore.

but hey those noob kid hackers that hack your accounts and drop all your stuff thinking it is funny can still play...

and the pixel hungry noobs that want to stockpile cash to buy poorly drawn little crowns for their pixel princess barbies, guess that is who the game was made for now.

If jagex wanted to save their game they would ip ban hackers, scammers, rw item traders and bots instead of ruin the fun of it for everyone else. every website out there ip bans annoying people .. why does jagex refuse?

That is the example of the great customer service you will receive from jagex, no I do not swear , but yes if you speak your mind about things you disagree with, they will do their best to silence you.  As of today thousands of people cancelled their memberships because of jagex's updates to trade,pking, merchanting, and staking.  And I actually spoke to andrew this morning in edgeville and he told mods that were telling him they were leaving runescape over this:  that it is your choice  but these updates are here to stay .. so yes runescape is now entering it's darker days,  With these updates I do not think it will recover anytime soon.  All of my friends cancelled their memberships today as well as myself. I have heard all day that clans were all quitting at once.  yes it really was that bad... bye runescape.. it was real it was fun but not real fun =x.

Comments

• thrixxthrixx Member UncommonPosts: 23

Dude, nobody cares...go play "Hello Kitty Online" or something, OMG PK IS OVER...boo hoo, I think pking is stupid and never cared for it, so im happy that I wont lose any items, and for trading stuff, OH WELL...I don't give stuff to "friends" anyways, I FOR ONE THINK RUNESCAPE WILL LIVE....dude you honestly think maybe 40 - 60 ppl leave, its gonna ruin jagex? cmon grow up man.

• Frogs4DinnerFrogs4Dinner Member Posts: 17

they just screwed the game with these updates, they have an obsession to stop real world trader and they wont stop even if they destroy their community and reputation, I mean wtf is there problem, right when i was gonna get bk into playing it...

I am guessing runescape will lose nearly all their ppl by 2009

thy monoplied the trades and then took total control to protect them from hackers, sounds like how dictaterships are formed

By the way this WILL destroy runescape, do you realize how many ppl PK I mean the 3K duel thing was big but this destroys team pking completely and it destroys the social part of the game, the only way to help your friends now is through having them pay you or talking them through the whole thing also this makes the whole game revolve around getting money which will eventually get old

KSEA

KSEA players often seek out PVP in a game, but they are looking to socialize with and form alliances with other players who are interested in doing the same. They often seek out guilds or clans that organize formal PVP events, or work on group strategies and tactics.

Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 80.00%, Socializer 66.67%

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

first off .. i am a girl not a "dude or man".. ( my round things are higher) guess you don't get to see enough of those to know the difference =x. Hello kitty? ... a lil boy telling me to grow up LOL. Just so you are properly informed, there are thousands of paying players quitting not a few .. do you bother to read forums at all? Clans of 200+ people by the masses all cancelled memberships today. Mods telling the creator of the game they were leaving over this, and that is just how it is.  I guess you don't have any friends to give stuff to, so the game will be perfect for you. That is the kind of person the game is there for now, people who don't trust anyone because they don;t know anyone for real... I party with my freinds for real, use headsets while in battle, I have never had a friend take items and not return them.  What is ruining jagex is that players that have taken up for them for 7+ years are now quitting.. look in forums most the people in the top 10 are leaving over this. I personally know over 300 people on my messenger that cancelled memberships today... I can only imagine what the scale of this is like. so many people were posting in forums today about leaving that they could not even get  in there at times. Every member world in every town on there were riots today.. I think you need a reality check. this has affected alot more than just pkrs.. it has affected familys and all groups within runescape.

Originally posted by deviliscious

first off .. i am a girl not a "dude or man".. ( my round things are higher) guess you don't get to see enough of those to know the difference =x. Hello kitty? ... a lil boy telling me to grow up LOL. Just so you are properly informed, there are thousands of paying players quitting not a few .. do you bother to read forums at all? Clans of 200+ people by the masses all cancelled memberships today. Mods telling the creator of the game they were leaving over this, and that is just how it is.  I guess you don't have any friends to give stuff to, so the game will be perfect for you. That is the kind of person the game is there for now, people who don't trust anyone because they don;t know anyone for real... I party with my freinds for real, use headsets while in battle, I have never had a friend take items and not return them.  What is ruining jagex is that players that have taken up for them for 7+ years are now quitting.. look in forums most the people in the top 10 are leaving over this. I personally know over 300 people on my messenger that cancelled memberships today... I can only imagine what the scale of this is like. so many people were posting in forums today about leaving that they could not even get  in there at times. Every member world in every town on there were riots today.. I think you need a reality check. this has affected alot more than just pkrs.. it has affected familys and all groups within runescape.
    You guy's are funny, this will not ruin runescape. Who cares if you can't "pk" anymore, the player killing system sucked from the beginning, and it sucked as of today. im not a carebear either, I just find it useless to pk in runescape.

You can still PK, just not take there items. I think Jagex went the right way for this, and for you calling me a "lil boy"...just proves my point on how many selfish ppl are playing this game, so go back into that cave you crawled out of, cause this will not affect runescape, ya sure ppl will cancel memberships, but cmon you really think there gonna lose all there money?

Jagex has a strong community, and I believe there going to have to do some drastic things to this game, to make it fun again. I have never, AND I MEAN NEVER seen an MMORPG take; RWT, and botting, so seriously. So why don't you stop telling ppl to not play this game, ok im done ranting,,,off to play runescape. THE WAYS ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED!

hahaha! your kidding right?  The guy who gives nothing away calling someone selfish .. I am not giving up on runescape over the pking .. It is the trade you noob.  If you can actually read and comprehend my posts you would know that would affect me greatly because i do not make any pixel $ on the game for myself.. I help friends. That is all i do besides pking.  I craft for friends.. I smith for friends .. I fletch for friends .. that is all I do .  well did, as of jan 1st no one can do that anymore. I did not gain anything but xp from helping friends, and I was fine with that because I have no need for poorly drawn pixel junk. The ways it is meant to be played? Does that mean it is meant to be played so that you cannot help each other?  This game is now made for selfish people, and you wonder why people on the game are so selfish .. yes the game was made for people like you , who do not seem to place  any value on giving stuff away, well to me that was the best part of the game.  And no i did not say they were going to lose all their $ ... dunno where you got that from, but the people that are affected by this all have at least 2 members accounts.  so even if it is say 7,000 people that quit .. okay those people have 2 members accounts .. that is 14,000 accounts.. lets see  i guess $840,000   loss a year is nothing to worry about .. it is only $. Though from what I have seen alone, it is going to be alot more than 7,000 that leave... I mean the people in forums that I saw posting have always defended runescape in the past ( as I did ) and have played since beta... they are the reason the game was made successful. They have stuck  by Jagex through all of it's problems but this was too much . For us players that have been there for them  for years to just be disregarded, including Jagex's own player mods is why this was on a much larger scale than anything they have done in the past.  New membership is not what it used to be for runescape with all the kids playing their xbox's these days, this will be felt in their pocket books much harsher  than  in the past.  This game cannot compete with the content and high end graphics of all of the newly produced games.  If you love grinding, there are more than enough choices out there.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

This is what happens when you a play a game under an unstable developer.

I've said it numerous times in the past that this is a horrible game and that Jagex does not know how to stop problems, guess no one really listened huh?

Haha.

Originally posted by thrixx
    Dude, nobody cares...go play "Hello Kitty Online" or something, OMG PK IS OVER...boo hoo, I think pking is stupid and never cared for it, so im happy that I wont lose any items, and for trading stuff, OH WELL...I don't give stuff to "friends" anyways, I FOR ONE THINK RUNESCAPE WILL LIVE....dude you honestly think maybe 40 - 60 ppl leave, its gonna ruin jagex? cmon grow up man.

Fail.

You suggest 'hello kitty online' and then turn around and say that you are glad items will no longer drop?

hello irony!

Oh well, I don't care. Im glad ppl are leaving. If you guy's can't just learn to play the game in diffrent ways, then thats your own fault. Hey I've got an idea, why not just kill monster, or do quest, or hmm DO UR OTHER SKILLS. Listen I don't wanna flame u guy's I understand, that pk was a big part of runescape, but cmon, its not that bad. Tell me one thing, would you rather have thousands of bots, and ppl getting unearned money in runescape, because they make more IRL money, then someone else? To be honest I wouldn't! If you've got a better idea to battle RWT, then let Jagex know, other than that, just stfu...and sit down and just play the damn game....sheesh!

Oh well, I don't care. Im glad ppl are leaving. If you guy's can't just learn to play the game in diffrent ways, then thats your own fault. Hey I've got an idea, why not just kill monster, or do quest, or hmm DO UR OTHER SKILLS. Listen I don't wanna flame u guy's I understand, that pk was a big part of runescape, but cmon, its not that bad. Tell me one thing, would you rather have thousands of bots, and ppl getting unearned money in runescape, because they make more IRL money, then someone else? To be honest I wouldn't! If you've got a better idea to battle RWT, then let Jagex know, other than that, just stfu...and sit down and just play the damn game....sheesh!

I have not played the game in years, so part of your arguement fails here.

Jagex needs to learn not to <screw> over their community just to 'win one' up on the gold farmers. Considering that they now shattered any aspect of an economy and the only thing that wasn't mind-numbingly boring in the game this can not be considered a win.

Likewise anyone who, honestly, stands up for this can be labeled a fanboy.

<modedit>

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

I quit runescape about 1 year ago but i still follow whats going on through my cusin. God i cant wait to hear wat he has to say about this.

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

Practically all of the things you mentioned can still be done, and the rest we can live without.

This update was not a bad update. It is a good update that was poorly implemented.

Remove Update!

- No trading cooked for raw/raw for cooked
    Err... that can still be done.

- No trading herbs for seeds/seeds for herbs See above.

- No trading herbs+seconds+vials for pots Again.

- No trading straight herbs for pots Yet again.

- No trading cannonballs for steel bars etc.

- No trading fletching supplies for finished products etc.

- No giving double nats Assist system

- No trading hides for range armor sets Need I repeat it again?

- No running bones to someone at your altar Well, that's one thing that isn't possible anymore.

- No law running Assist system.

- No running planks for someone Why not?

- No training firemaking and woodcutting together. One person cuts the logs and gives to someone else to burn. That would make two.

- No hiring people to tan your hides for you You can trade cow hides for tanned hides...

- No giving free loads of fish to people when you're power fishing Yeah, Jagex needs to raise the 3k to about 100k.

- NO World 16, air's for essance program. ASSIST SYSTEM

- No tab making companies What?

- No ore running Have them pay you.

- No X-Mas Gifts, No helping friends no charity to new players! See power-fishing.

- No ESS FOR RUNES >.< ASSIST SYSTEM

- No BARS FOR ARMOR Why not?

- No ore for knives Why not?

- No reliable way to make money What?

- No drop parties Jagex needs to fix that, too.

- No rewards from clan wars Jagex needs to fix that.

- No chivalry in pking Why not?

- No customer service It was like that before.

- No fun Your opinion. I think PvP is more fun now.

- No point in playing anymore. See above.

I prefer Bounty Hunter/Clan Wars to the old Wilderness. It's more fun, more convenient, and the only downside is that there's no death penalty in Clan Wars (boo).

As you can see, Jagex definitely needs to do some tweaking. However, it's not nearly as bad as you described.

One last thing...

NO MORE BOTS!!! :)

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

Originally posted by unherdninja

I quit runescape about 1 year ago but i still follow whats going on through my cusin. God i cant wait to hear wat he has to say about this.
    Who's "he"?

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

Originally posted by Llamster
    Practically all of the things you mentioned can still be done, and the rest we can live without.
    This update was not a bad update. It is a good update that was poorly implemented.

Remove Update!
    - No trading cooked for raw/raw for cooked Err... that can still be done.
    - No running bones to someone at your altar Well, that's one thing that isn't possible anymore.
    - No training firemaking and woodcutting together. One person cuts the logs and gives to someone else to burn. That would make two.
    - No hiring people to tan your hides for you You can trade cow hides for tanned hides...
    - No giving free loads of fish to people when you're power fishing Yeah, Jagex needs to raise the 3k to about 100k.
    - No X-Mas Gifts, No helping friends no charity to new players! See power-fishing.
    I prefer Bounty Hunter/Clan Wars to the old Wilderness. It's more fun, more convenient, and the only downside is that there's no death penalty in Clan Wars (boo).
    As you can see, Jagex definitely needs to do some tweaking. However, it's not nearly as bad as you described.
    One last thing...

This "bounty hunter" sounds like a great way to completly dumb down PvP.

Jagex fucked up, and I'm amazed you can't admit or see that.

• angela111angela111 Member Posts: 8

Wow, how a warm discussion here.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Originally posted by unherdninja

Who's "he"?

Most likely his "cusin".

?

Originally posted by Nadril

Remove Update!

One last thing...

Did I say that this update was perfect? Did I say that this update was good, even? I said that it could have been a good update, but it was poorly implemented, i.e. Jagex "fucked up".

The new minigames, though I personally like them better, are not adequate replacements for the old wildy (PvP is less profitable now).  The difference-between-trade limit needs to be much higher. The cap on how much of what you drop is visible also needs to be raised considerably. LootShare is total crap. Do you still believe that I'm a big fan of this update?

lamaman.. you are in error.. all  of the  trading that was done before will not be allowed after the 1st, just because you can do it now does not mean that you will be able to. The problem is that 1. the assist system only allows up to 30k xp ... do you realize how fast you get 30k xp at the law altar?  then what are you supposed to do? how does my brother give me 5k addy ores and I make them into addy bolts while he is at  work? your trying to tell me I can still do that after the first, and no  i will not be able to. people do not bring one load of  ores at a time to have you smith them .. you do it by the thousands so that thye can go do other things. I think you are confused because they told  us that this was going to happen and it hasn't been implemented yet.  We help each other for free.. not trade one load at a time ..  because we play at different times.  How can I craft the hides If I have not received them? Like I said I do not already have these things made .. i just do whatever they need me to do when they ask.  tab making companies run supplies to lecturns just as you would bones to altar .. sell everything and split the profits. And why 100k ? so i can not give my friend a santa for xmas? why not ? I mean we have since the game was created been able to do this why can we not now? So i should only be allowed to give 100k away? I mean I have given more than that to noobs killing cows just to make their day. Once you have played a game long enough 100k is pocket change.  chivalry in pking was when you see a pkr attacking an unarmed civilian.. then you attack the pkr instead. that would be considered chivalry.. how you do that now?  pvp is not more fun because all the  excitement is taken out of it .. you  might as well play cws. there is no place where you can  pk your own level anything goes winner takes all .. death matchess are over with. and oh yea there are more bots but guess what ... they are selling accounts now with the gold on them for more $ than they were making before. Guess rw item traders won this one .. runescape community lost.

Oh well, I don't care. Im glad ppl are leaving. If you guy's can't just learn to play the game in diffrent ways, then thats your own fault. Hey I've got an idea, why not just kill monster,  or do quest, or hmm DO UR OTHER SKILLS.
     I have done all quests in runescape and have 99 in the skills I like to train .. I have killed every monster in the game already.. any other bright ideas?
    Listen I don't wanna flame u guy's I understand, that pk was a big part of runescape, but cmon, its not that bad. Tell me one thing, would you rather have thousands of bots, and ppl getting unearned money in runescape, because they make more IRL money, then someone else?
    You still have bots and rw item traders , They are already one step ahead of jagex, they are now selling fully loaded accounts for more $ than they were before.You just do not have the generous players, families, clans,  and numerous other groups this made obsolete.
    To be honest I wouldn't! If you've got a better idea to battle RWT, then let Jagex know, other than that, just stfu...and sit down and just play the damn game....sheesh!
    We have let them know and they refuse to do it. use a hard drive id detection tool that is already in use by sites such as pc. pitstop.  This will provide them with the actual ip address not the one you get through the router. It is simple, when you catch a bot, scammer, hacker or rw item trader, ban the accounts associated and the hard drive. They ahve to replace the hard drive  and create a new account in order to play. that would put a larger dent in the  cheater population than isp  ip banning or this nonsense of an update. And instead of take that advice they delete the post in forums.

Originally posted by Nadril

This update was not a bad update. It is a good update that was poorly implemented.We Play To PK- DEFINED- PLAYER-KILL.... NOT RUNESCAPE-KILL
    Remove Update!
    One last thing...

Did I say that this update was perfect? Did I say that this update was good, even? I said that it could have been a good update, but it was poorly implemented, i.e. Jagex "fucked up".
    The new minigames, though I personally like them better, are not adequate replacements for the old wildy (PvP is less profitable now). The difference-between-trade limit needs to be much higher. The cap on how much of what you drop is visible also needs to be raised considerably. LootShare is total crap. Do you still believe that I'm a big fan of this update?

Than why are you defending it?

• bigred666bigred666 Member Posts: 2

I absolutely and totally agree with everything you have to say devil.I started to post my opinions on the forums and they always hid my thread and finally messaged my account threatening suspending my account.As it says below I have been playing this game for years and I don't think it's fair they have to punish us loyal players that helped make that game what it is today.

Bigred666

Edit

You know I have been around this game since there was no chat filter,no members,and when your character just looked like a drawing a 5 year old created.I have put up with all of the updates that are supposed to make the game more "fun" and fair,more suited for younger players.

Now with all of the new updates i've been pondering the question "Should I give up my membership and just quit the game alltogether?"It's getting absolutely rediculous,You have absolutly no freedom its almost like jagex is trying to run a daycare instead of a game everyone can enjoy.

I have put so much time and effort into my character over the years that its hard for me to just quit,but let's face it I think it's just going to get worse and worse until there will be nothing but younger players left.

As far as them thinking they are going to get rid of scammers and bots they won't.People are always going to be liars and cheats that's the way society is these days.I think even the little kiddies that play should learn that on the game rather than real life.

Last but not least the wilderness was a place to kill,if you didn't like it DONT GO IN! STOP BEING F-N CRY BABIES!

For all of those older players in the game, I feel your dissapointment.Jagex needs to shape up and stop this nonsense.

Sure Jagex in your minds it's making this game better but in my mind (and I know i'm not alone) it's making this game go right down the toilet.....

DONT PUNISH US WE HAVE BEEN LOYAL THROUGH ALL OF THESE YEARS!

• AranErainAranErain Member Posts: 3

Aaaaahhhh, if only I would be allowed to rate rs on this forum....

Then the user rating (which is 6.6 at the time of this post) would surely drop.

Yup, Jagex has lost it and has slapped the loyal players in their faces all too often. My membership has been cancelled. and I have no intention whatsoever to return to what once was a great game.

• KinaionKinaion Member Posts: 1

Runescape is dead. Those saying it isn't, then I think you're wrong.

Pking is the main thing that kept thousands of players in the game, I know tons of people who only played for thier clan.

Now let's look at this from all angles, lets start with pking gear, food etc.

Pkers bu all items for pking in bulk, f2p pkers usually have 10+ Rune sets in thier bank (some players stretch as far as 50+ sets), now theres 50 top clans (and otehr smaller clans), with atleast 60 members that do this, so if we average it out at 75 members, and 10 rune sets per player, thats 750 rune sets, and thats usually a weeks pking, per clan. Now multiply this by 50 clans, thats 37500 Rune sets per week. So the cost is 37500 rune sets multiplied by 180k, thats 6750,000,000 GP per week. Thats just F2p Armour, if we then put into the mix amulets, runes, arrows, food, pots, it's considerable more, but I won't bother going into detail with them.

So we understand the fact that over 5000 players buy pking supplies in bulk, so if we no longer need bulk supplies as we are less likely to lose as much now with the new wilderness lets see what skills players no longer need:

Mining and Smithing - If people don't need to buy hundreds of rune sets anymore, why do people still need to make them? Why would anyone go into a market with low sales?

Fishing and Cooking - Why do you buy thousands of cooked sharks/lobosters/monkfish/swordfish? For times when you may lose your items, ie training at monster spots, or pking. Why do most people train? To be better when it comes to pking. So now nonody has a reason to train, or pk, so nobody need's mass amounts of food.

All combat skills (inc. Prayer)- Most people increase them to get into a clan, or improve thier clan.

Runescrafting - Why do people buy mass amounts of runes? To get a higher magic level, to cat better spells in the wilderness when pking.

Need I say anymore?

• SpirrusSpirrus Member Posts: 2

Runescape won't die, no matter what you think or say. High levellers are nothing but mere cannon fodder in Jagex's eye. Once were gone, more people will just replace us, and thats how its going to be. This is a new age of Runescape, a new generation will come, one that isnt familiar with the old pking. Jagex will continue to make money, whether you say so or not, just look at the main page, theres still alot of people playing.

Once proud player of old Runescape.

• AnghellicAnghellic Member Posts: 1

I absolutely 100% agree.  Once upon a time Runescape was actually quite fun and addicting. But now it's just a waste of anyone's time. Does anyone know why Jagex even got rid of pk'ing?

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -Hunter S. Thompson