Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I re-download gamefiles before resubscribing

I have played a digitally downloaded version of Vanguard after its release, About half a year ago, I uninstalled Vanguard. Im trying to redownload those files again before resubscribing.

But I cant find any info regarding this. I know this is possible with Everquest II and SWG with launchpad, but with Vanguard I keep running into the login screen without any patching or download options.

Does anyone know how to use Launchpad or some other source to redownload Vanguard before subscribing again? I dont want the chance of turning in days of my new subscription for downloading the game.

Comments

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

From a totally frsh install with a disk bought at release, the patch takes me 2 hours.

I'm not sure how to download it prior to subscribing :( sorry.

If you wait a couple of days though, you should be able to log in for free from 12/18/07 through 1/3/08 as they are opening up the game for a couple weeks for previous players to try it again.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

The digital download version of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is offered as a multi-file install to minimize patch time. Please follow the directions below on how to download Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and begin the installation.

US:

VGD.exe data2.cab data3.cab data4.cab data5.cab

EU:

Instructions

1. Go to the Program Files folder in your hard drive

2. If it is not there already, create a folder called Sony in the Program Files Directory

3. Go to the Sony folder and create a new folder there called Vanguard

4. Right-click on the first link: VGD.exe

5. Select "Save Target As", "Save Link to Disk", or "Save Link Target As" (depending on your browser)

6. Select the Program Files/Sony/Vanguard folder you just created

7. Repeat steps 2 through 4 with the four data.cab links

8. Once all the files are downloaded, go into the Program Files/Sony/Vanguard folder and double-click on VGD.exe

9. Click Next on the welcome page

10. Click Next on the anti-virus warning

11. Review the license. Agree to continue

12. Choose the default location for the game installation and verify that you have sufficient space on the target drive

13. Click Next to begin the install

14. Click Next to create your game shortcuts

15. Click Install to finish

16. Once the install is complete you can delete or move the temporary folder you created from you desktop.

You will need a subscription for the patching though.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Orphes

The digital download version of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is offered as a multi-file install to minimize patch time. Please follow the directions below on how to download Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and begin the installation.

US:

EU:

Instructions

1. Go to the Program Files folder in your hard drive

2. If it is not there already, create a folder called Sony in the Program Files Directory

3. Go to the Sony folder and create a new folder there called Vanguard

4. Right-click on the first link: VGD.exe

5. Select "Save Target As", "Save Link to Disk", or "Save Link Target As" (depending on your browser)

6. Select the Program Files/Sony/Vanguard folder you just created

7. Repeat steps 2 through 4 with the four data.cab links

8. Once all the files are downloaded, go into the Program Files/Sony/Vanguard folder and double-click on VGD.exe

9. Click Next on the welcome page

10. Click Next on the anti-virus warning

11. Review the license. Agree to continue

12. Choose the default location for the game installation and verify that you have sufficient space on the target drive

13. Click Next to begin the install

14. Click Next to create your game shortcuts

15. Click Install to finish

16. Once the install is complete you can delete or move the temporary folder you created from you desktop.

You will need a subscription for the patching though.

Thanks! These are the files I was looking for. This is how I downloaded the game at release too.