Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

its Decent

JayplexJayplex Member Posts: 1

I'm glad they made this game free because this game totally isn't worth playing monthly for I played back when this was out for a month and didn't enjoy it because comming from a game like Wow this game seemed like a step back from it. but I'd totally recommend playing it if u are looking for a good game without monthly fees.

Comments

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

I personally think that you are way off base. The game needed polish and some bug fixes at launch. That on top of a lot of people crying about what AL was not gave it bad press. Once that happended, all the lemming gamers out there just said "it sux, don' play that, you sux for playin it". From that point nobody bothered to check it out for themselves.

It has come a long way since then and still has some minor issues that need to be fixed, but show me a game that doesn't. Some of that was because it was launched too early, some because people have unrealistic expectations. Whatever the case, AL is now a good game, has had a lot of the major problems solved and is working through the issues at hand.

If AL were re-launched under a different name and re-marketed, I wouldn't be suprised if it did a heck of a lot better. As for it being "worse" than WoW...that's completely opinion based. I've played a lot of games and of them all, I couldn't get past a couple hours on WoW because of my preferences. On the other hand, AL caught my attention and keeps me interested and enjoying my online time. I don't want to start a childish debate on what game is best, I was just stating that not everyone has the same tastes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

lawl funny thread :S

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I agree with the OP. Archlord made me think of all those Korean grindfests I've tried. This game doesnt even have a set of features of a WoW Light. And this is coming from someone who doesnt really like WoW.

I thought crafting was bad in WoW, but this crafting crap (cooking, combinations, alchemy) based on random succes rates is a complete waste of time (and credits if you buy those success enhancement thingies). What idiot came up with the idea of 50%+ chance on failure rate everytime you try to skin an animal or cook?

And the automated pot spamming just makes you realise how simplistic this games combatsystem is. Just deal dmg while spamming potions..o w8 you dont have to..let the game spam your potions for you so you have some less buttons to mash. Where is the challenge of pulling loads of mobs and then killing them solo with a few AOE attacks (same lvl!!) and that for hours in a row.

I only played untill lvl28 and then got so sick of this game. I didnt die once. Which I normally always do in a new MMO. Just shows what a kindergarten MMO this is.

I can understand the business model they use now though with the Chantra shop, because asking a monthly fee for this shell of a game would be a joke.

• Jumper2kJumper2k Member UncommonPosts: 133

ya... AL is definitely not that good... I played a little at first and quit around lvl 30 not being able to deal with the boredom that was absolutely nothing but wacking mobs for all those lvls with the sound droning on in the background as if I was in a refrigerator. The one good thing i'll say about it is that the spell animations are some of the coolest i've seen.

Their other game, RF online is actually worth a play. Similar graphics, better sound, just as good animations, and a cooler setting.

Currently Playing: WoW (somewhat)
    Testing: None
    Played: WoW, CoV, AL, SWG, VC, EVE, SWToR

• AznmaskAznmask Member Posts: 178

this game is more like a SOLO grindfest, although you can party but ppl just too lazy to pick up item. Other then that i can't find how party make the game good.

I quit after reach lv32 and it is boring like hell.

• killertimkillertim Member Posts: 18

Hey if you guys quit can I get your stuff?  I am still enjoying the game on weekends and could use the 30+ gear.

• SeksSeks Member Posts: 6

Haha, asking for stuff.  Can't say I blame you with the 85% failure rate when trying to make your own stuff.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS ....

It's just like trying to upgrade your weapon

FAILURE!

****Think I've said enough****