Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan?

2»

Comments

• RaitsesmanRaitsesman Member UncommonPosts: 215

Everyone thank you for help.Now I know how hard and nearly impossible is to get a Titan.

BUT STILL I'M GONNA GET IT

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by Raitsesman

Everyone thank you for help.Now I know how hard and nearly impossible is to get a Titan.
    BUT STILL I'M GONNA GET IT
    thats the spirit

if you need a corp to run with then give me a holla ingame:  Tyr Dominator

I'll get you set up and get you joining our mission runs and help you get on the way (and yeah, we'll need titan and carrier pilots at some time)

imageimage

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

Ok listen. Titians are the most powerful ship in the game. there are only around 5 totoal in all of eve and eve has been around since 2003. dont expect to get one...ever...period...never ever. They take a group of atleast 1000 people mining for a long time to earn enough to build it. Building one takes like a year or so i heard. thats including th blue print and stuff. I titian isnt something that you can just go out and buy. This thing is epic. Take your little noob ship and multiply that times a million and thats the size of a titian(maybe even bigger).  And about your question about soloing with it i have one thing to say- BWHAHAHHA. But seriusly a titian is nothing more then a sign of power and streangth in an allience. I moves so slow that it takes like 10 minutes or something like that to warp. Also if you get a titian you basicly keep that character logged out forever because you cant really do much with it. you cant dock a titian in a station and it doesnt disappear wen you log out .

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by Jack_Target
    Here is CCP and GoonSwarm's opinion on titans. This was filmed during the 2006 Eve Fanfest, and it might help you to put the ship into perspective.
    The guy asking the question is in GoonFleet - the corporation in Eve with the largest membership:
    www.youtube.com/watch

It's a huge dick!

That's gold, Jerry, gold!

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by unherdninja

Ok listen. Titians are the most powerful ship in the game. there are only around 5 totoal in all of eve and eve has been around since 2003. dont expect to get one...ever...period...never ever. They take a group of atleast 1000 people mining for a long time to earn enough to build it. Building one takes like a year or so i heard. thats including th blue print and stuff. I titian isnt something that you can just go out and buy. This thing is epic. Take your little noob ship and multiply that times a million and thats the size of a titian(maybe even bigger).  And about your question about soloing with it i have one thing to say- BWHAHAHHA. But seriusly a titian is nothing more then a sign of power and streangth in an allience. I moves so slow that it takes like 10 minutes or something like that to warp. Also if you get a titian you basicly keep that character logged out forever because you cant really do much with it. you cant dock a titian in a station and it doesnt disappear wen you log out .
    Really learn the game before making such blanket comments like this because you couldn't be farther off in most cases. Titans are generally considered the weakest of the 4 cap types. Their Firepower revolves around a once in an hour shot that immobilizes you for 10 minutes. This gives you plenty of time to bring in a fleet and kill said titan. Its greatest asset is in its logistical aspects through carrying capacity and Jump bridge portal generation. Last count I heard was at least 10 titans floating around and that probably hasn't increased much as they are fairly lack luster in performance for the cost. The ones you do see are rarely utilized in combat but behind the scenes shuffling supplies around.

They take around 4 months to build and you don't mine to build one, you utilize other avenues of gaining minerals through loot reprocessing and sale of complex items to minerals. Once you got one you will be enslaved to the ship unless you have an alt trained up to pilot the ship. If the pilot of the ship logs off it will disappear after the normal time for any other ship including any modifiers for aggression.

As a goal for a new player i would stick to a regular dread/carrier. The skills for the carrier will work for the Mothership and will generally be a much more useful ship overall then the mothership for any single pilot.

• SkitBraSkitBra Member Posts: 11

some ppl here sounds like they are the country of burundi and should by default own all aircraft carrier strike groups in the world

/SkitBra

• nurglesnurgles Member Posts: 840

I quess il go get mothership first then. Once I have it (I hope I do) I'l start aiming for a Titan

it's great to have goals so good luck achieving them it will be a long haul.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Originally posted by BigDave7481

I quess il go get mothership first then. Once I have it (I hope I do) I'l start aiming for a Titan
    A mothership is more realistic but honestly you should set your goal for a Carrier or Dreadnaught if you are looking to fly capital ships. 

Also you are looking at minimum 3-5 years to earn enough ISK to buy a Titan.  From the QEN there is like 1 or 2% of the total Eve population that has more then 100 billion ISK and trust me, those guys have been playing since 2003. 

Agreed a lot more realistic to be flying a mothership, but like he said a carrier or a dreadnaught, a Dreadnaught is the next best thing to a titan i would say for your sake.

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Following up on the Titans being alliance assets:

Titan pilot accounts are usually shared accounts. OF COURSE its strictly forbidden by CCP. OF COURSE most mayor alliances have their Titan pilots online 23/7, with the remaining hour being the EVE downtime. OF COURSE about half a dozen of the most trusted players of an alliance share that account. OF COURSE CCP is ignoring this EULA breaking behaviour.

So ... a Titan pilot is NOT a single player thingie. If you are into soloing, your alliance will take a dim view on you NOT sharing the login info with a selected group of people.

On the other hand, single use of Motherships IS an acceptable behaviour. You wont get booted for withholding your login data when you fly a mothership.

Have fun

• NewEcoNewEco Member Posts: 4

very suprising how much semi-true, semi-false comments are given here....

True

* there are 10-20 titans in the game with no significant increase rate

* titans are not available on the open market, it has to be meantioned that mothership are also not easily available for noname players with no renowned background, but it is getting easier

* titan is a pure support ship for logistic and offensive support. Hostile fleets still can be trapped by skilled fleet commanders and subjected to the darkening of a DD ... but that needs a well prepared trap and good execution of a fleet (minimal set of pilots involved: covert ops, some interdictors and a smart titan pilot , if you want to see the minmal set, go ECP-8R and lookout for the titan from ASW/Ev0ke ..... :-)

* in theory titans can be fitted like dreadnoughts  thus having their offensive powers but who would field a 50 Bn ISk ship if you can have the same for 3 Bn ISK ??? And still the titan could not be used for anything but fleet operations ...

* you need to have support to move , cynosural fields are the only option and the jump range of titan is the smallest of all capitals so you need a lot cyno support

* to field a titan its about 0.75 years, to FLY an equipped titan its about 2 years minimum

False

* titans cannot dock. Titans can dock in a Capital Ship Maintainence Array, BUT said capital Ship Maintainence Array is vulnerable and it can happen that it gets shot down by hostiles (POS shot in RF). If that happens you will not be able to retrieve the ship ... so the only option is that you alliance owns a constellation and has an invulnerable system (constellation capital), where you can place the Cap Ship Maintainence Array

* a titan costs 200 billions. the pure material costs for the ship itsself is appr 45-50 Billion ISK which is appr. 2.5x the costs of a mothership. But a Titan is normally not equipped with T2 modules but usually with faction modules which are much more expensive than T2. so in total the costs for Titan including modules, riggs and implants may be around 100 Billion oder even more ... but the pure ship is "just" 50 Billion. I forgot to mention that the producer needs a BPO for building the monster, maybe thats the reason why people think a titan costs 150+ since the BPO is another 70 Billion bargain .... but its a one time investment for the producer

* A titan takes 6 month to be build. A titan takes 8 weeks (less than 6 weeks with good skills) to be manufactured. Maybe the logistics takes your alliance half a year but the baking of the ship takes just 2 exiting month ...  

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

How to get a Titan? Is it good idea to get a Titan? (I'm new in game)

I dont think you should be thinking of titans just yet, unless you have a masterplan on how to get before the year ends. You should aim for ships that can be obtained within six months max.

This is not a game.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

I would like to point out that titans do take 250+days froma  new account to just traina nd another 100 to 250+ days for the fitting but the people saying there is only 1 or 2 titan pilots are wrong.

Yes they take billions of ISK to make

Yeah They do take three months to build

and thousands of players to help resource it.

But there are only a few titan pilots? true but that few, Hell BoB has(maybe not anymore)but atleast at one time had 5 titans.

Youtube has a lot of info on titans aswell may want to take a look there

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• schawoschawo Member Posts: 135

Now lets see a specific example.

I play the game for 2 years.

skill: I fly carrier and ofc have the skills to fly a motherships (on two accounts), but have no skill to fly a titan.

ISK: I have a steady daily income of 50-200M a day, 100M average, which is not too bad, I think. That makes ca. 3B a month. I have three acounts to keep up (I dont want to pay for EVE anymore), that is .6B a month. I have to replace ships lost in combat (a full fitted commandship is around 0.2B with standard t2 modules, a carrier or dread ca. 0,8B loss if insured) for ca. .6B a month (more or less, it depends on luck). That means I can save ca. 1.8B a month. I decided to go for a mothership, for which I need a whole year to get.

You could calculate the whole thing for a titan (200B) by yourself. Plus add, that you can't buy it on market (to get a MS is also difficult tbh), you have to have good access to resources (peolpe, sov, and materials), and need more skills.

I would think twice to set a goal like a titan.

• gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194

It's quite possible to own a titan in no time, if he can find a way to make megabucks. Remember he doesnt need to train up his own character. He can just buy a capital pilot with isk, near the skills needed. Also, someone was selling a titan for 90 bill a week ago or so. I think it was getting sold via chribba. I think wildcat bought it. It's possible to earn a billion a day, if you've got the know how and the inclination. That's the great thing about eve, the skys the limit. But to be fair, you're probably best setting your sights on something more realisistic in the interim. Otherwise you'll get frustrated and bored. When I first started playing eve I wanted tpo fly caps but then I ralised they're not wortht he effort.

The selling of a Titan was just talk, no action.  It was not sold.

There is ONE Titan that MIGHT be for sale ... its one of the Titans from the now-defunct D2 alliance. You would have to sink upwards of 5000 RL dollars into buying 100 something billion ISK from chinese ISK farmers... and that act alone would drive ISK prices up. And THEN you have to buy a pilot that is able to fly it. AND on top of that you have to try not to get scammed while doing the ship transfer.

If you invest some 10000 RL dollars or so you could get the ISK via CCP sanctioned game-card sales without risking to get your account locked and banned the minute you purchase your Titan.

Have fun

• FinwolvenFinwolven Member Posts: 289

Besides, once you've jumped into the Titan, you'll never dare hop out again. That character is pretty much permanently welded into the ship.

But don't let that stop you. Having a goal, be it ever so impossible, is vital for your enjoyment of EVE. Show these naysayers what you're made of, get your own Titan someday and... Well, do whatever Titans do.

Odds are that once you get there, you realize that the trip there was the worthier part, and that you've accumulated friendships, goals and responsibilities along the way that make continued playing worthwhile.

Clear skies, pilot. Fly safe.

To the OP :

http://goonfleet.com/showthread.php?t=78453

Pulleezzee tell me that it was not YOU who just got scammed for 80 billion ISK !

Someone wanted to insta fly a Titan and wanted to join Goonfleet (of all groups !!) to get one.

IMHO its most likely a fake post and it never happened, but stupidity is endless and scams of that magnitude HAVE happened in EVE before.

Have fun

• andyjdandyjd Member Posts: 229

And theres me flying around with a destroyer and about 6m isk....ah well...it's good to dream big.

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by Erillion

To the OP :
    http://goonfleet.com/showthread.php?t=78453
    Pulleezzee tell me that it was not YOU who just got scammed for 80 billion ISK !
    Someone wanted to insta fly a Titan and wanted to join Goonfleet (of all groups !!) to get one.
    IMHO its most likely a fake post and it never happened, but stupidity is endless and scams of that magnitude HAVE happened in EVE before.
    Have fun

Hahaah that is fake.

• firefoxifirefoxi Member Posts: 54

Descrete Shard has one, he's the leader of my corp, he can fly him in 7 weeks ;)

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by nurgles

A titan is a fleet action ship, it is also basically impossible for one player to afford on on their own, they are that expensive so you need other players to give you one.
    This means you need to develope trust and respect of others to get one. As to starting player, i don't think it is important, as you might save a few months min/maxing the stats for skills, but that is imaterial (of little concern) in comparison to the effort you need to build up in gaining trust in the game.
    Being a min/maxer harping on about how you are working at getting a leviathon for years does not seem a way to gain respect.

Erm...

Actually affording a titan isn't really a problem.  It doesn't exactly take that long to get the isk together if you put your mind to it.   Getting someone to MAKE it for you is  an entirely different story.  It's not a ship you can just run out and buy.  Requires a special ship building array at a POS that has to be in 0.0...  Considering those particular types of POS attract a incredible ammt of hostile attention there are very few alliances/organizations in the game capable of constructing them.  And, generally, unless you are on very good terms with them the odds of them making you one are pretty slim. 

There are a few folks out there who will make them.  But it's not something you can just run out to Jita to pick up.

Also:  Once in a titan you can never leave it.  It cannot dock, ever (sticking it in a pos array is NOT docking and is not something I consider safe to do with a asset as expensive as a titan so don't argue that you can dock, please).  So the only way to leave the ship is to eject and leave it floating in space or 'eject' and leave it inside a capital ship maintenance array, also in space.  NOT exactly something you want to do with a 60+ billion isk asset.  (That's just for the hull)

And the people saying "If you T2 fit it" are clueless.  You do not "T2 fit" a Mothership or Titan.  When you are blowing 20+ Billion isk on a SHIP you faction fit it.  And generally you don't just faction fit it you officer fit it.  The cost can get astronomical.  But if you're blowing the barn on a Titan you better fit it to survive.

The actual cost to a manufacturer to BUILD a titan is roughly 50bn ISK.  After markup you're looking at 60bn.  No way you buy one though, they're generally alliance assets.  If you are a close ally to a corp/alliance who owns a shipyard capable of producing a titan you might be able to swing a deal but it's doubtful.  Odds are such a deal would include joining said alliance :)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• armouredcorearmouredcore Member Posts: 17

to do this solo is crazy, and these people are just going on about the cost to build it ... and sit in it but you will also need the skills to make it and the isk to sotre it every month at pos with guns( lot and lots of guns) maybe hire some mercinaries to protect it ( that if they dont turn you dont and destroy it them selves)  and that ocne you have it you wont be able to fly it as your on your own and have no cyno pilot to jump it to the system and no protectiion once it reaches the other side since the DDD need time to warm up and if there was a surgical strike on your titan they would be able to tank the DDD from BC and up wards with the correct tank

surviving a week on your own singally would be record braking let alone getting to this point on your own

if you thinking about going big work up all the heavy combat ships ( you never know you might come across something you never thought of or even heard of before)

(non-caps)noobieship, frigate,destroyer,cruiser,battlecruiser,battleship,heavy assult frigate,heavy assult cruiser,command ship, maurader

(caps) dread,carrier,mothership,titan

these are your combat ships

ill give yer some advice i was working up to carrier but i came across a ship and this ship i came across is the ship i now love and the class i love to work with which is electronic warfare where i can lock them up in fleet battles and single pirate acts where they cant target me back so i can just sit there happily pound them and they cant escape i now ina force rekon ship (arazu) which i never expected to be in if you asked me 4 months ago so you say this now but you will find a ship along the way that will capture you and since you like the be big and powerful i think you either hit command ships of dreads