Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth starting now just to pass some time?

Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Im just looking for something to pass the time till some newer MMOS come out.Ive tried about everything and cant find anything i like.Im a big fan of pvp.Im just curious if its worth starting this late in the game.Im not looking to play for years im just looking for something to pass the time till WAR or AoC comes out.Is the PvP fun?Or is the PvP something that is an end game only type thing.Can you pvp at lower levels and is there anyone around at the lower levels to even PvP with?

Darkfall - Sick
Earthrise - Sick

Comments

• privatep37privatep37 Member Posts: 111

Hi Sicc1, im planning on rerolling a new character when The Kamael chronicle comes out, which should be very shortly. so i would like to start off with you and hopefully we can level together and progress through the game.

i have been unsubscribed for a bit now, but last time i was online the lower levels were still somewhat populated, depending on server. but lineage 2 always has people available to play with. its great that way

this game is loads of fun, but it is a grind. but as long as you play with people, its really entertaining. PVP can start right away, and its all open so anyone can kill you. the pvp is very dynamic and fun, in my opinion. send me a PM if you are interested and we can figure something out.

Later

Favourite Game
    SWG - Sabanak, Retired Jedi, Bria

Playing: Nothing

Waiting for: SWG Pre-CU

Retired: SWG, CoX, Vanguard, MxO, Guildwars, Archlord, Auto Assault, EQ2, Final Fantasy XI,
    Lineage 2, Saga of Ryzom, DAOC, WoW, AOC, WAR

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Well iam planning on atleast giving it a shot.I have an old trial key from my old city of villains box so it isnt going to cost me anything.If i like it then ill buy the new bundle pack they released.So ya im deffinately interested in playing with you.Im downloading the game now.Ill prolly start tommorow after work.So let me know what server to roll on ,hopefully a populated one =).

O and i was also wondering about the trial and the interlude client.Im not sure what all the trial gives me access to.I would like to get a good idea of the game.Was there any expansions that gave graphical updates or anything like that that im not gonna get with my trial?I would like to have the most up to date game of course but not sure what the trial offers.Or were all the expansions just new races/classes and content?Iam downloading the interlude client whatever that is.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

even if you had the first version of lineage 2, it would patch itself to the newest version. so even with the trial, you will have the full game for the alotted amount of time.

my current characters and on the devianne server, and as far as i remember it was quite populated. i think the heaviest server was bartz. you can roll a char on both and from there determine which server u wanna play on, but my current chars are on devianne which is probably where iwould play again.

Favourite Game

Retired: SWG, CoX, Vanguard, MxO, Guildwars, Archlord, Auto Assault, EQ2, Final Fantasy XI,

I know it will patch to the current release version but i meant i wont have any of the expansions or anything.Did any of the expansions offer anything like a graphical update or anything that would be a must have?Or were they mostly just new content expansions?

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Sicc1

I know it will patch to the current release version but i meant i wont have any of the expansions or anything.Did any of the expansions offer anything like a graphical update or anything that would be a must have?Or were they mostly just new content expansions?

I think you are missing that you automatically get the expansions. That is what is meant but patching to the current release.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

Sovrath speaks the truth.  I know it's hard to comprehend, but the expansion are 100% FREE!

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Sicc1

I think you are missing that you automatically get the expansions. That is what is meant but patching to the current release.

yep, as sovrath cleared up what i was saying, there are six chronicles (expansions), Harbingers of War, Age of Splendor, Rise of Darkness, Scions of Destiny, Oath of Blood, and Interlude.  When your launcher patches, it will update your client to the newest available chronicle, which is interlude. A seventh chronicle is coming out, The Kamael. That will automatically update itself once released. So if there are any graphics updates, or whatever the case may be, you receive all updates when patches. EVERY one!!!!!

When buying the game, buy the version that is cheapest. There is no point to buy the interlude version of the game, unless you WANT to pay more. Like I said, even if you bought the very first retail version of Lineage 2, which probably retails around $20 CAD, you will get the most recent game including all expansions, as you would paying $30 CAD for the interlude version. The only difference is you won't have to wait for a long patch. But, I still suggest paying less for game if you could :)

Hope this explains it, and keep me updated with your plans on where you will be playing and when you will be starting.

Talk to you soon, Sicc1

Favourite Game

I installed the newest client from file planet and installed....Ive been updating for 3 hours now.Kinda weird usually my updates go fairly quickly.Guess the new expansion released to day didnt help though =).Let  ya know when i get in game and where i plan on going, definately interested in playing with ya.Would like to find a very populated server so we can have the best shot at some pvp.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

i just finished patching my client, i havent resubscribed yet, so let me know whats happening with you

Favourite Game

I just got home everything is patched im gonna go make a toon i guess.let me look at the server pops ill let ya know what server i choose.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

also let me know the chars name so i can send you a tell

Favourite Game

Ok i started on the Bartz server.Name is Sicx.I read somewhere theres a way to make the controls WASD opposed to the point and click.I need to change it but cant figure it out....

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

i'm not really sure how you change to wasd controls. i just click to move.

ill join you soon though on the bartz server

Favourite Game

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by privatep37

i'm not really sure how you change to wasd controls. i just click to move.
    ill join you soon though on the bartz server

I believe you will see an option that indicates "hit enter to chat" or something like this. Once that is 'ticked" you can then use the arrow keys to move. Not sure if WASD works but possibly. However, to be honest, you would be dong yourself a favor by using the point and click. Trust me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo