Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RFO forums not working an client

skychainskychain Member UncommonPosts: 66

Hey i was wondering if anyone else had the problem that when i try my rfo client it doesnt work and when i try to get on the foums it doesnt work PLS HELP!

Played: Archlord, GW, RFO, Knight Online, Silkroad, WoW, Rappelz, shaiya, Flyff, Fury, Space Cowboy, Perfect World Beta, Rakion, sword of the new world, Linage 1 and 2, Savage 1

Playing: CSS

Comments

• mrxinstallmrxinstall Member Posts: 36

Yep having the very same problem.

Got some sort of update when I tried to logon last night and  it then said it was down for maint or something, now today when I try to get the game to run it say it is doing the update check then just does nothing.

I am also having probs with accessing the forums on the codemasters site so am wondering what the hell has happened and whether this has something to do with the update or a internet problem.

Here one Day Gone The Next.
    Game reviewer.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Hi, and me makes three, I guess that makes it a game/server problem, not ours nor an internet problem, wish i checked here first before i uninstalled.

just to comfirm, problem is slow to no response from the launcher and the same for there website and forums.

Also I do know that the game is up and running with other pepole playing, just not us at the moment.

Just out of interest what part of the world are you in?

I am in Australia and use Bigpond as my ISP

I ask this because I know for sure that sometimes bigpond for some unknown reason has probs with some parts of the world.

Yes it is that launcher starts but basically does nothing, and it is impossible to get onto the forums to try to get some answers.

Game reviewer.

• mr0mdmr0md Member UncommonPosts: 15

Make it 4. Wonder if they made ip block as too many bots lately.

Hi again, a bit more info, it's not a bandwidth problem, i thought it was happening because my bandwdith got shaped to 64kps and the game requires 128kps, but i've now updated my internet plan and i'm at full speed,(bandwidth) and still it's doing the samething, i also tried there website again, I get the main page, but get "Oops, we can't find open..etc for the forums and support pages.

I'm on adam internet.

in south austraila.

If anyone knows anything about whats happening with RF-online and why we can't logon, please post it here for us.

pepole playing Archlord are having the same problem, looks like a COG patch updater or accounts problem, just keep trying i guess.

Hmm well the line to CM opened up again very late last night for us people in Australia and from what I have been able to read the story is as follows.

1). there was a hardware failure somewhere between the asia Pacific and the US and this caused a lot of the problem. this has however been fixed and should be ok from now until it breaks again

2). CM have in the last few days done a mass banning and blocking of some of the asian countries and anyone that fits into

a). Account Sharing.

b). People that have brought ingame money or gold from those re-sellers/farmers

c). People that have brought power levelling from the same people as in b.

d). People that are using Bots or any other sort of hack to gain advantage ingame.

CM have also warned that they are not finished with what they are doing and that anyone in Guilds that have accounts setup as "Guild Accounts" for sharing between everyone in the guild should stop doing this as the "Guild Account" & any other accounts the person has will be banned if caught doing this.

Personally I think this is a good thing as the game was starting to very quickly head the same way SilkRoad Online has/had with bots and other crap.

CM have also admitted that it is possible that some people who have been banned might have been so by accident and if you fit into that category you should get in touch with them ASAP to discuss the situation so something can be worked out.

So all in all the failure and CM's current event happened to happen at nearly exactly the same time and  although they have apologised for any problems they also say that the failure was something outside of their company and they couldn't help that it happened at the same time as everything else.

So my advice to everyone is that you jump on the forums on the CM site and have a good read of what is going on just so you know what to expect and also so you are fully clued up on what is currently going on..

Game reviewer.