Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2, The best PVP mmorpg

2»

Comments

• OriaxOriax Member Posts: 35

If u spend enough time playing this game u will realise its greatness is one of a kind, i have never played a game that comes even close to giving me the excitement Lineage 2 have done.  And i have been a gamer for 15 years.

But ok, if u cant spend atleast 5hours, preferably more everyday playing a game. Then its not the game for you, probably be better off taking a wank infront of WoW or other PvE game of choice.

L2 Addict since - 10 april 2004 07:40:22
    Welcome to the Lineage II Open Beta. -

• VenajaVenaja Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Dessano

OMG guys.... There is an easy way.
    I payed some money and got powerleveling my char from 20 to 65 in 5 days.
    Its easy, all yuo need is just have some money.

Lol, go hang out a blah, scum.

No but seriously, Then what? Ppl laughed at you cause you didn't know how to play your char and asked stupid questions you should have known the answer to already at lvl 40?

When lightning strikes once, Venaja strikes twice!

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by Venaja

Depending on how old a server is and what the rate of new ppl coming to it determines when you will start seeing pvp regularly..
    On a fresh server like Franz yuo can find good pvp from 30+ cause of the constantly growing population.

If you look at the last subscription's curve that was realased bye ncsoft about half a year ago it was down to 60.000-70.000 subscriber's where it had been up over a 100.000...

if anything this game is only losing subscriber's in the long run.

They's not really pvp on Franz at 30+ it's the worst server, since it has far more cheater's then the other's and plenty of clan's already had 76+ requriement's a long time ago

Ok.. to both of you.

Did you even attack someone while out hunting?
    No? There!
    If you attack ppl you meet when you are out hunting you can get pvp at any lvl
    It's no like you can wait for everyone to come attack  you first.
    And the fine thing about L2 is that you can attack that other person anytime, anyhwere as long as you arent inside a town. Nothing stops you from trying to whop his ass.

not everyone is born with the same consicene so that's not for everyone and beside's it a stupid thing to do when your a new player you won't really know if you can beat em, and you probly even can't cause your gear is far worse. second getting over 5 pk's would also result in losing gear when you die.

they's not really pvp before you get to 6x + and find a pvp clan to join but you might need the right class to then but depend's on server cause a lot off war clan's has 76 + requirement's or even higher.

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

Originally posted by warrioralpha

The lvling is just a challange, not for old ppl with fulltime jobs or noobs that Give up easily.

Good that this is the way you think of L2, i'm sure that Lineage 2 doesn't want any noobs/unpro gamers to play this game.

You realize of course... your losing people faster than your gaining them... and with out new people joining, all that work, time and effort... wont mean much when its just you left right?

it keep going for a long time but yere we are losing people.

The Community is pretty much the same as it was 2 years ago. Some ppl left others joined.
    we lost a lot more people then we gained
    But 90% of those who still play aren't exactly noobs.
    Also, with new updates comes new ppls in hordes. When C5 came the new server Franz was filled to it's limits and is still marked as "heavy" on the server selection screen every day.
    And no.. Franz did not steal those players from the pre-existing servers.
    Franz stole a lot off people from other's server's i was on Teon before i moved to Franz and then went back to Teon
    Most came from private servers and some players vere brand new to the game.
    And last.. the new community manger presented some stats on the game when she started in june (or when it was) and all numbers were pointing out that the population was higher then ever,
    i think you misunderstood that here in NA and Europa the subscriber's are below 70.000-60.000 but worldwide it is over 17 million
    So, I wouldn't say game is dying.
    it's just going really terible here in NA and Europa
    Just because the game was not fo you and you left.

i like this game more then WoW cause off the pvp, the free to attack anyone and exp losses are great and gives a more satisfing feeling then in WoW where you get Honar, but it has lost a lot off the old appeal...

the classes are horrbile balanced in pvp, some classes can 1 shot other's when both are fully buffed.

not to mention all the crazy skill's at least they fixing ally invicebel that work's for 30 second's to only work on your own clan member's and not alliance.

But they's still the Fusion nuke's where 1 nuker with the assitance of 2 other people can kill entire siege forces

i don't know what to except from the new skills when people can get to lvl 85 but im pretty sure they gonna be just as unbalanced as everything else :(

it's also a very gear dependet game, and the high end thing's are really exspensive with people paying 400 million or a 5 time's more for a good item's witch you can't really get legal, unleass you work the market.

cheating has screwed up a lot, the top pvp clan's use radaer's and all sorts off thing's so they know when you come

blessed scroll's off escape's and spamming off all sort's of potion's cheap and very exespensive has also screwed it up a lot but everyone does it.

Hero's are way overpowred in pvp

• rabidmonkeyrabidmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 12

if you dont like the pvp on L2 because of the grind or bots, maybe youre just playing the wrong server *wink wink*

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

ugh, the text color....my eyes!!

• kaedexkaedex Member Posts: 23

this game is awesome... in a free server:

1-25x to 50x (depends on server) less grind

2-No bots

3-Free

I'd be happy to play on the official server if 1 & 2 points were true, I payed for the game and 1 monthly fee and I couldn't take that grind anymore, and the only buddies I had were stupid bots making my grind life harder.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

i think the pvp in of itself holds alot of merit, offers alot. but you have to go through hell and high water to get to it. between the ripped up useless economy which the value of adena is crap basically. the countless number of bots on top of bots on each server and the bulk of the fun in the game being at lvl 74+ i had enough with all that. i got to my mid-to high lvl 50's and threw in the towel. its not fun its masochistic

there is also alot of cheating, zoomhacks, L2walker, item price scamming(though it is debatable if ur careful never saw it directly), some other wall radar hacky things not sure of their names list goes on. unbalanced classes (paladin from what i remember is practically useless in a group) others can 1 shot you, i can go for paragraphs  lol, but you get the point.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Originally posted by rabidmonkey

if you dont like the pvp on L2 because of the grind or bots, maybe youre just playing the wrong server *wink wink*

what wrong server? u mean all of them??

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

The bots are merely a side-effect of a much greater evil, NCsoft's dev team. They have been not only knowingly but intentionally making L2 more and more dependent on professional farming with each and every update to the game.

NCsoft has given up drawing new players to the game. Instead, they are padding their subs with farmer accounts by manipulating design as to entice their real players to RMT adena from said farmers. Specifically by spreading your adena so thin that you are forced to seek alternative means to get it (historically with a Dwarf alt but NCsoft has been pushing RMT so hard that even hardcore Dwarf players are getting exhausted).

And since the average L2 player is pretty hardcore to begin with, NC can be pretty sure their players will choke it down like they do everything else rather than triggering a mass exodus like in SWG.

• assineringassinering Member Posts: 3

I define it as killing or challenging wits of another player. SO would in my humble opinion Lineage II wouldnt be defined as a PvP game. If I have to spend 90% of my game time in PvE than I dont define the game as a PvP game.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by kaedex

this game is awesome... in a free server:
    1-25x to 50x (depends on server) less grind
    2-No bots
    3-Free

I'd be happy to play on the official server if 1 & 2 points were true, I payed for the game and 1 monthly fee and I couldn't take that grind anymore, and the only buddies I had were stupid bots making my grind life harder.

Although it probably wouldn't alleviate the bot problem, they do have a highrate server programmed into the game. Just that L2NA refuses to put it up. probably because everyone would go there to play, and the people who wasted five billion hours clicking on enemies to get to higher level would feel cheated that their H4RDK0RE status is more acsessible making their miserable little existence of mmo fame nothing special at all

though for a game that relies on player politics, getting everyone on the same server wouldn't be such a bad idea either. not like L2NA cares about the actual spirit of the game though

• lilibeierlilibeier Member Posts: 2

Of course lingage2 make very well pvp system for gamers fell high, PVP also bring hard fighting to each others

• lapommelapomme Member Posts: 270
    Originally posted by Pyrostasis

Best pvp games in order of goodness at the time, not currently. (PvP changes over time due to patches, expansions, and changes)

#1 1997 - 1999 Ultima Online. Skill based, loot pvp, better you play better you do. Can take on 2 v 1 easily.
    #2 Asheron's Call from release till mid 2002. Only game out there were a level 90 has a chance vs a level 126. Friend of mine fought 12 people vs himself. Took 2 and a half hours, but he killed them all. AC you could dodge spells, arrows, etc. So pvp was extremely intense.
    #3 Dark Age of Camelot Release till toa. Only pvp game out there to offer permanent incentives for pvp. As you kill you gain levels, and get skills and become more powerful. Pre-toa 2 - 3 v 1's was possible.
    #4 Eve online. Land control, full loot, skill based. The only draw back to it... extremely hard learning curve, and not very soloist oriented. But... still a blast.
    Those are what most North Americans will tell you are the top 4. Beyond the top four it gets a little open.
    EQ1 and EQ2 both heavily focused on PVE and thus.. the pvp is horribly unbalanced. WoW suffers from the same issues.
    Lineage and most of the Asian grind games, while having pvp... just arent well done by NA standards. Poor group mechanics such as assisting, crowd control etc. Add onto that extremely harsh leveling requirements and gear requirements and your looking at time invested near that of a doctoral thesis.
    Anyways... thats my thoughts. This is obviously a L2 forum, so its going to be pro-l2, just like if you go to a wow forum or daoc forum you would get the same.

I agree with the list, except I can't decide between DAoC and AC.  Lineage 2 has the best PvP in any MMO?  Don't make me laugh.

• DruzDruz Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Battlekruse

No Asheron's Call makes this poll pointless

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Oriax

If u spend enough time playing this game u will realise its greatness is one of a kind, i have never played a game that comes even close to giving me the excitement Lineage 2 have done.  And i have been a gamer for 15 years.
    But ok, if u cant spend atleast 5hours, preferably more everyday playing a game. Then its not the game for you, probably be better off taking a wank infront of WoW or other PvE game of choice.

PvE game? How is that in any way related to how much grind there is in a game. Lineage 2 is a PvP game with a huge grind and its the latter one that is a problem. PvP doesn't automatically mean endless grind.

• mdolsenmdolsen Member Posts: 47

The real question is......why do the majority of the posters defending L2 as the greatest thing since sliced bread sound like retarded camels?  Seriously...

1) Try to have at least ONE logical argument to support your viewpoint.

2) Learn at least some basic language skills to convey your argument.

Quite honestly, every time one of you posts, it's not doing anything to make your game seem any better in any way, but impacting it in a very negative way.

As to L2...I played it shortly after release for a while, and while the occasional red that came by to gank and be ganked in return was fun, the mindless boredom of the level grind wiped out any of my enjoyment.  It was so bad that I literally couldn't even look at the log-in screen without feeling like having a stroke would be a better option.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Well first...

I was PvP'ing - on a dwarf - by the time I was level 20. I was doing a quest and someone else was in the same area hunting the same mobs. We kept going at each others' mobs.. finally it came down to us duking it out for the area.

Seems like PvP to me.

I was in a cat party at level 30 with a couple friends.. some idiots came through and decided they were going to start taking mobs from our room. We told them we were in that room, to please move on to another. They refused. We asked again. They refused, saying "lol... whatever".  We gave them a final warning and they said "Make us leave". So we did. 4 of us on 5 of them.

Seems like PvP to me.

Some nights ago some members of one of our ally clans went war-tag hunting because they were in that kind of mood and - gasp - decided to go create some, rather than wait for it to come to them. They tracked down a group of war-tags and the fun began. It went on for about 2.5 hours as they hunted each other down and many PvP points were racked up. They were on Ventrilo having a blast.

Seems like PvP to me.

Castle sieges are mass events held every two weeks for control over a castle and its region. Many people always turn out (unless no one's interested in the castle at that time). I've been on the siege field well before my high levels, as have others. We got killed alot, sure, but we had fun anyway.

Seems like PvP to me.

And so on...

I was in an ally on a previous server that was constantly at war with at least 1/3 of the server.. I couldn't log in without being requested to go out to Forbidden Gateway or some other spot where there was a mass PvP going on.

So... not enough PvP in the game? Sorry, but you're going to have a tough time convincing me of that. I see and hear of plenty, on a daily basis, from small skirmishes over hunting spots, to all out clan-vs-clan wartag battles.

Maybe try joining a clan/ally that's more active in PvP and you'll have a different impression.

That said... In a PvP game, players still need to develop their characters, get better equipment, etc. etc. This requires PvE grinding to do. So, no, they're not going to be out all the time looking to PK each other. No one would ever get anywhere. That doesn't mean that PvP doesn't happen. It happens plenty, all the time.

As for buying power-leveling? Please, just cancel your account and play another game. You've completely defeated the point of playing the game at all.

If you can't play and enjoy the game.. fine. Cancel and move on. Let those who do enjoy it continue to do so.

As for the original topic? In my experience, of the PvP MMOs I've played, I enjoy L2's PvP quite alot. I don't know if I think it's the best, but it's certainly ever-available and quite exciting when it's happening.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

off course the game has pvp, but as a new player your not gonna run into a awfull lot off pvp before your lvl 6x + and the thing's you do run into before that will probly just get you killede.

and stop telling people to move on, this is a discussion about a game it would be to no use if people could only read the good point's about this game, have you even critised the game at any point?

quete WSIMike

As for buying power-leveling? Please, just cancel your account and play another game. You've completely defeated the point of playing the game at all.

end quete WSIMike

i think your playing the roung game, i don't really like to assosiate with people who bot but you can't avoid it going into pvp clan's

http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77552

http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78845

http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91403

• CryotechCryotech Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by isurus

The bots are merely a side-effect of a much greater evil, NCsoft's dev team. They have been not only knowingly but intentionally making L2 more and more dependent on professional farming with each and every update to the game.
    NCsoft has given up drawing new players to the game. Instead, they are padding their subs with farmer accounts by manipulating design as to entice their real players to RMT adena from said farmers. Specifically by spreading your adena so thin that you are forced to seek alternative means to get it (historically with a Dwarf alt but NCsoft has been pushing RMT so hard that even hardcore Dwarf players are getting exhausted).
    And since the average L2 player is pretty hardcore to begin with, NC can be pretty sure their players will choke it down like they do everything else rather than triggering a mass exodus like in SWG.

What you fail to understand is that the Korean dev team certainly isn't making the game with the western market in mind. They could care less for the handful botters and farmers that are plagging our servers, because they are what? At most a few % of the total player base they have in asia.

This kind of conspiration theory make me laugh, because the game was designed primarily for the eastern market which has a very different gaming culture than the western market. In Korea they don't have this bot / ebay issue that we have here, and it's a whole different game with millions people playing it.

I understand that completely. In fact my whole "conspiracy theory" hinges on the fact that this game is made for Koreans not westerners.

No one plays L2 in Korea for fun. The NAL2 team less than advertises this fact as westerners aren't very open minded about RMT.

But in Korea adena and real money exchange back and forth so freely and frequently that RMT is a cornerstone of the game. It is the foundation that rest of L2's design rests on.

And i know that this will not change. Like you said, and you are right, L2 Korea could give a damn about what a few westerners think. L2 players in general are a hardcore crowd, and the Euro/NA players that are currently playing will continue doing so for a long time regardless of how many farmers the dev team indirectly yet deliberately "recruits".

BTW you're right about bots. They don't have bots like we do. But your comment about ebay couldn't be farther from the truth.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Sorrowho

off course the game has pvp, but as a new player your not gonna run into a awfull lot off pvp before your lvl 6x + and the thing's you do run into before that will probly just get you killede.
    Once again, I have found PvP when I've wanted to, regardless of level. Like I said, and illustrated per my previous post with a handful of examples, it is out there - if you really want it. Shall I continue listing  numerous other examples of where and how I've PvP'd before I was even 20?
    You can be competitive against others well before 60 - assuming you're fighting those within your own level range. Again, I speak from personal experience. Again, you're not going to convince me otherwise.
    Seems to me (ie. in my view), the people only see PvP as "end-game PvP" are limiting themselves.
    and stop telling people to move on, this is a discussion about a game it would be to no use if people could only read the good point's about this game, have you even critised the game at any point?
    I'm not telling anyone to move on. I'm suggesting that if you're not enjoying the game, or if you have to resort to power-leveling to get through it because you don't enjoy leveling yourself... why bother playing it at all? Seems like common-sense to me.

It's their money, they can continue to throw it away on a game they don't enjoy all they like.

I stand by what I say. There is plenty of PvP to be found in L2, at any level range, if you really want to find it, and not make excuses or groan about "why you can't before level 6x" or whatever.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Originally posted by WSIMike

Originally posted by Sorrowho

Once again, I have found PvP when I've wanted to, regardless of level. Like I said, and illustrated per my previous post with a handful of examples, it is out there - if you really want it. Shall I continue listing  numerous other examples of where and how I've PvP'd before I was even 20?
    You can be competitive against others well before 60 - assuming you're fighting those within your own level range. Again, I speak from personal experience. Again, you're not going to convince me otherwise.
    Seems to me (ie. in my view), the people only see PvP as "end-game PvP" are limiting themselves.
    I'm not telling anyone to move on. I'm suggesting that if you're not enjoying the game, or if you have to resort to power-leveling to get through it because you don't enjoy leveling yourself... why bother playing it at all? Seems like common-sense to me.

It's their money, they can continue to throw it away on a game they don't enjoy all they like.

I stand by what I say. There is plenty of PvP to be found in L2, at any level range, if you really want to find it, and not make excuses or groan about "why you can't before level 6x" or whatever.

i exped plenty off character's to 6x + i useally end up with having 4 to 8 fight's with a character before i get into a pvp clan, that's not a awfull lot, considering in wow i had 1700 kill's on my Hunter when i was lvl 50 and battle ground's weren't even out then.

i don't see a point is just going out and pking people for no reason but yere off course you could do that but getting more then 5 pk's give's a high chance to lose gear upon death.

this is also a very gear depeantet game so as a new player your gear will be bad and going up aginst someone with far better gear make's you lose.