Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of playing, couple of questions.

xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Grind doesnt bother me so long as the gameplay is fun but here is a couple questions I have.

From what I understand this is open PvP. If that is the case is it like almost every other open PvP where at level 1 im going to get ganked by pkers 20+ levels higeher than me? I enjoy PvP but not if its just gankfests and kiddies wanting to feel uber killing people much lower level than them.

Bots/cheats/hacks? How bad are they?

Comments

• _rch_rch Member UncommonPosts: 34

I've been casualy playing for about a month now  and have personally only run into players ganking there own faction two or three times, to be able to gank your own faction u have to buy  buff of some sort and when you do others can attack you without loosing anything on it (from what ive heard only alts are used for this to annoy others on others factions).  

The beginners area is from lvl 1-25/30 or so, so running in on gankers from other factions before that lvl won't happen. But after the 30+ areas other factions can come in and hunt you down if they like. 

I don't know about the bots cheats and hacks (i havent noticed anything), but i do know that the game is made so that u can afk lvl your buff skills and such.

I hope ive brought some help and im sorry if i made any majure spelling defects

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

I suggest to not try this game. It has a bad interface and there's grind - grind and again .. GRIND.  I only played for like 20 min then deleted it. I just don't know how in the hell they had it P2P , geez.

Anyway , if you want to play a nice MMO play Shaiya. ( www.shaiya.aeriagames.com ) It has Duel and PVP arena where you fight with other fiction and gain kills. If you have a number of X kills , you will get some cool rewards. Also in the Arena there are quests to do ( like killing x number of mob) and nice dungeon's. It has blacksmith , Alchemy , Cooking , Herbalist.

You can socket your itesm with cool gems and many more. Anyway , it just ended the closed beta yestarday and for what they announced , they will open the OB from one of the days between 12/10 to 12/20 .

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by _rch

I've been casualy playing for about a month now  and have personally only run into players ganking there own faction two or three times, to be able to gank your own faction u have to buy  buff of some sort and when you do others can attack you without loosing anything on it (from what ive heard only alts are used for this to annoy others on others factions).  
    The beginners area is from lvl 1-25/30 or so, so running in on gankers from other factions before that lvl won't happen. But after the 30+ areas other factions can come in and hunt you down if they like. 
     I don't know about the bots cheats and hacks (i havent noticed anything), but i do know that the game is made so that u can afk lvl your buff skills and such.
    I hope ive brought some help and im sorry if i made any majure spelling defects
    Thanks for your views :)

As for Shaiya I tried closed beta. I dont know if its because of my isp and the server location but I have alittle to much lagg there. I am curious as to why since I have had absolutly no problems with other Ariea games. I may give it another shot once OB starts agian and see if any changes helped my situation with that. Another thing that bothered me is the community. They seemed somewhat helpfull but also verry childish.

• ExekileExekile Member UncommonPosts: 80

I am with BoyVirgo on this one, way to go dumbass, don't come and talk about the game after you've only played for 20 minutes. You know absolutely nothing about the game...

• wargassmwargassm Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by xenogias

Grind doesnt bother me so long as the gameplay is fun but here is a couple questions I have.
    From what I understand this is open PvP. If that is the case is it like almost every other open PvP where at level 1 im going to get ganked by pkers 20+ levels higeher than me? I enjoy PvP but not if its just gankfests and kiddies wanting to feel uber killing people much lower level than them.

Not worth the time to play.  i played for a year from release and took several months off, then came back to the game for 5 months.  to many hacks, to much corruption, allot of RMT going on.    Codemasters have lost control of the game.

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by wargassm

Originally posted by xenogias

Not worth the time to play.  i played for a year from release and took several months off, then came back to the game for 5 months.  to many hacks, to much corruption, allot of RMT going on.    Codemasters have lost control of the game.

uh are you talking before ccr took over? because its much better now

genius inside insanity