Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RP servers?

2»

Comments

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715
    Originally posted by SioBabble

Originally posted by todeswulf

As someone said earlier the only time people Role Played in SWG was when sex was involved, God you could not have thrrown a dead cat without hitting a Twilek sex slave guild ran by some creepy 40 year old looking to cyber with 13 year old boys...it was creepy as hell, and  SOE spent a lot of time handing information over to state and federal authorities....this more than anythign is why SOE refuses to foster or have official RP servers.
    This is a pretty interesting claim.

Do you have any evidence to support it?

Only the word of David Parker a former SOE employee that was on  the galaxies team at the time, he now works for Turbine.  He really isn't the type to BS.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by SioBabble

As someone said earlier the only time people Role Played in SWG was when sex was involved, God you could not have thrrown a dead cat without hitting a Twilek sex slave guild ran by some creepy 40 year old looking to cyber with 13 year old boys...it was creepy as hell, and  SOE spent a lot of time handing information over to state and federal authorities....this more than anythign is why SOE refuses to foster or have official RP servers.
    This is a pretty interesting claim.

Do you have any evidence to support it?

Only the word of David Parker a former SOE employee that was on  the galaxies team at the time, he now works for Turbine.  He really isn't the type to BS.

Well, given how SOE tends to generalize based on one or two instances, this certainly fits in with their pattern of thought.

"We had this one incident, so all RP is about 40 year olds hitting on 13 year olds".

Makes perfect sense.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866

I personally think that all this stupid stuff about Roleplay and cyber is a load of bollocks, sure, it happens, but that's usually because some random idiot is pretending to want to roleplay when in actual fact all they're doing is actually trying to chat people up in character. I can personally vouch that there were some great roleplayers in Pre-Cu SWG, people who just think roleplaying is all about cyber are pretty damn ignorant and clearly haven't tried roleplaying themselves to be honest, I remember on servers like Starsider, I'd roleplay with my friends occasionally, as we started talking, literally entire crowds of people would start joining in, there were even times when the cities came in that I played as a Rebel and got hunted by stormtroopers.

After the NGE hit, all that was left of the roleplayers were elitist Stormtroopers who pretty much did the god moding all powerful crap and I barely saw anything of the real roleplayers that I had met those years ago. Real roleplayers don't want cyber, they just want to experience the game world rather than screw around power gaming all their lives and just get a better atmosphere beyond the usual "Pew pew lulz npcs r d4mb" a vast majority of players seem to go for these days.

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.