Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

most popular class

i wanna know what tha most populat WOW raceclass is so plz post which tace an why????????

i myself like taurens dunno whick class thou

Comments

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say...

Gnomish Demon Hunter....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• sephiroth360sephiroth360 Member Posts: 95

Gnomish Demon HUnter?????? is there such a class as Demon Hunter????image

• bethel9bethel9 Member Posts: 262

I think the most popular classes right now are warrior/mage/rogue. But hey pick whatever you want, I'm sure almost all the classes and races will be fun to play.::::24::

edit: go check out some classes at :

www.worldofwarcraft.com

----------Social{S.O.S}

----------Social{S.O.S}

• EtherialEtherial Member Posts: 112
    At a certain level, a gnome hunter may become a hero from warcraft three, i dont think gnomes become demon hunters though, i think nightelf hunters become demon hunters, I may be wrong though

"If I had a nickel for every email I got, I'd throw them at people in the food court, from those railings, like up above"- StrongBad from homestarrunner.com ((go there))

"She broke my heart I wan't to be sedated, all I wanted was to see her naked" Bowling for Soup ((a band))
    ^
    l lIs that to much to ask?

"If I had a nickel for every email I got, I'd throw them at people in the food court, from those railings, like up above"- StrongBad from homestarrunner.com ((go there))

Web Designer for Sky and Beyond

• HypnotoadHypnotoad Member Posts: 138

Errrrrr....... I'm afraid you cant actually be a gnome hunter because the hunter class isnt for that race. As for the Demon hunter i think that is one of the hero classes that you can be when u get to a really high level. There is also mountain king for the warrior class but thats all i know

All glory to the Hypnotoad (monotone voices)

All glory to the Hypnotoad (monotone voices)

• pokethis30pokethis30 Member Posts: 55
    I think the warrior class will be most used at first then after a while people will start to branch out.

MY KINGDOM FOR BETA

• NylianNylian Member Posts: 37

Think drac was jokin' dudes.

Gnomes can only be 'Drunken Brewasters'

If there is a way...I'll find it.

---------
    If there is a way...I'll find it.
    ---------

• agentcipheragentcipher Member Posts: 223

I'm sorry, but I believe that belongs to the Dwarves. Maybe the Gnomes can be the 'Mad Scientist' hero class.

---------------------------

free ipods

Proof it's not a scam

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154
    Woah. It is funny how one little joke sent this thread WAY off topic. image Oh well, it happens sometimes. I know the class most popular with me would be the Rogue because I am sort of a clepto-maniac. This means that I sub conciously steal things. And when someone confronts me about it, I have no idea what they are talking about. It is funny because it took a shrink brigning it to my attention when I kept stealing her pencils during the session.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    Like I said before right now my eyes are set on playing a Gnome Mage, Im not sure though I need to try every class I can, I dont really care what Race I play.

Xclipz
    --------
    Waiting for:
    World of Warcraft
    ------------------------

• LugnardLugnard Member Posts: 474

I'm willing to bet once WoW goes retail, almost everyone is gonna start out as a Dwarf Hunter just for the guns/pets.

After maybe a month or so, it'll even out and Warriors and Mages will again be tied for the most popular class again with maybe Hunters and Rogues in second place.

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

I don't much care for guns in an MMORPG. I like using bows. I used to have a bow in real life but I accidentally broke it. What fun it was, shooting at my brothers and such. Good times. Anyway, even in an MMO, I would prefer a bow to a gun. We also had a BB gun. Bad times. Because I wasn't the one shooting. image

• SkylessSkyless Member Posts: 58

The most popular class is Warrior in the beta with 21% of the population and shamans bring up the rear with a meager 7%.

Statistics here.

• iamthewalrusiamthewalrus Member Posts: 36
    lets find out

I am the walrus.

Long live the Beatles!!!!!!!!

I am the walrus.

Long live the Beatles!!!!!!!!

• ZafarZafar Member Posts: 94
    Bah, I sure hope that this poll doesn't show up to find my favorite class in the top three.  That would be horrible.  I jsut wish that my class could be unpopular with the masses and that way I could have the even more original char.  I bet anything (cept the beta) Hunter, Mage, and Warrior in the top 5.

Zafar Blightwing

• Weapon-XWeapon-X Member Posts: 70

Long time reader, first time poster.  :)

From what I can tell, (and I don't pretend to speak for the other beta testers), Warrior and Mage are the most popular classes at the moment.  But then, they're the only classes that have all the Talents working at the moment, so that's not surprising.

I'd say: wait until all the classes have their Talents in place, then you'll be able to form a better opinion on what's popular and what's not.  Shaman seem to be getting the short end of the stick, but that could change with one or two tweaks.  For instance, if the Totems weren't vulnerable to AoE, it'd probably make a world of difference.  But then, I'm not playing a Shaman at the moment.  Maybe someone that is can give us a better run-down.

• skybugskybug Member Posts: 30

I just like shamans as an idea. They are cool. And since this is a role playing game, I dont care if they dont have the optimal character setup. I really just picked it for the name.

Originally posted by skybug

I just like shamans as an idea. They are cool. And since this is a role playing game, I dont care if they dont have the optimal character setup. I really just picked it for the name.

There is no "role playing" in WoW, or any other MMORPG.  There just isn't.  I mean let's all be honest here- if someone in your group is running around yelling "Avast, we be killin' some ORCs, matey!" all the time, you'd boot him faster than they could say "curse of Tolkien".  People who try and role-play in online games are flat-out annoying. 

But that's not the real reason that "Role Players" must die.  This is: They destroy every game they touch.  For example, I played City of Heroes for a while.  However, the class I wanted to play was extremely weak compared to the other classes.  Most people didn't like this- after all, we're playing a GAME, and games are inherently competitive.  Nobody likes playing an inherently weak class.  However, whenever anyone tried offer suggestions on how the class could be fixed, the "role players" came out in force.  Since they didn't care if the class was balanced, they couldn't stand the thought that anyone else might, either.

It always confused me- what possible reason could they have for wanting to keep a class weak?  Doesn't everyone benefit, role players included, if a game is well-balanced?  But finally, one of them explained it to me.  He said "Dude, I really don't care if the class is gimped.  I just don't like you telling people that it's gimped".   In other words, he'd decided that what people thought of his class was more important than if it were actually playable.

So, I don't like Role Players.  Or more to the point, I don't like them when they try and keep classes gimped, just so that nobody will think they picked a weak class.

Bottom line: I myself absolutely DO care if Shamans have an optimal character set-up.  I might want to play one some day, and since I play MMORPGs as a Competitive thing (as do most people, otherwise they'd just play a Single Player RPG like Baldur's Gate) I don't want to worry that I might be wasting time on an inherently weak class.

Look at City of Heroes.  It's pretty much effectively "City of Blasters" now.  A casual WhoIs will show that over a third of the players on the game at any one time are Blasters.  I really hope that doesn't happen in WoW with Warriors and Mages.  Game balance is absolutely VITAL to this kind of game.  To those who don't care, I say: "Great, don't care.  But don't stand in the way of those who do."

/rant

Sorry, went a little overboard there, but I've seen this happen way to many times.  Think "Monks" in Everquest.

Hei, bro, Flag into your hands. I have no problem if my favorite class is uber. I am not gonna stand in the way.

I have seen my favorite game ruined by disbalance but I have also seen many people's game experience ruined because of vain attempts to come up with a suggestion for a balancing solution and then getting pissed off at the developers for not implementing it.

At the end, my conclusion was that it is practically impossible to balance a dynamic environment like a mmorpg to the liking of every player. And the possibility of re-adjusting drives people mad sometimes.

I dont think balance should be the standard. The key is whether the class is enjoybale to play. Futhermore, as the mmorpg continuously updates, it changes the balance and the once uber class loses it. Another change to get pissed off at the game. So I just pick a class I like and play that. Forget the uber chase.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

• agentcipheragentcipher Member Posts: 223

Weapon-X:

While I agree that people who consistantly roleplay tend to get quite annoying quite quickly, I must actually disagree on your complete anti-RP. If I were to take part in a horde raide on Stormwind, say, I think it would increase the enjoyability if you tried to RP a little bit... Not by *thinking* you're the character you play, but just saying things that you think your character would say if he had the ability. Sometimes just throwing in racial sayings like 'Lok'Tar Ogar!' or 'for Elune' just makes things more enjoyable. However, I must agree that anyone who roleplays with a pirate's accent deserves to be flogged quite severely. With their own parrot that probably never shuts up.

However, Role-players who go so far as to try to keep their classes gimped out of their own... Ego (for lack of better word) take the whole role-playing thing a bit too far. Why would anyone want to role-play a weak character? That just doesn't make sense... That's like choosing not to equip the Sword of Impending Doom +5 that you just found because you prefer your Pokey Stick of Annoyance -10 . Those are the types of people who most likely do this in real life... http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/danddnerds.wmv

I believe there's a fine line of Role-playing that people should try to walk... People who run around trying to break any sense of RP'ing in a game I believe to be just as bad as the people who are so helplessly immersed inside of their character that they forget they're sitting in front of a computer screen playing a game.

I understand both sides of the coin for Role-playing and why you either want to do it or don't want to do it. I understand more the lack of wanting to roleplay toward the complete want to roleplay though... basically because each player has his own personality, and therefore his character has the personality of the player. So whether you want to or not, you're giving your character it's own personality. If that makes any sense...

In any case, I limit my RPing to things along the lines of saying stuff like 'smelly orcs' or 'those hoity-toity elves who live in their trees thinking they're better than the rest of us when they're not even immortal anymore.' Just because it's fun.

free ipods

Proof it's not a scam

Hi AgentCipher;

Good points.  So good that I guess I should explain a little more- hey, this might even turn into an actual discussion, instead of just an excuse for SOME guys to get their posts banned.  image

I really don't care if people RP In-Game.  No skin off of my nose- even though it can get a little annoying, if taken to extreme.  And I actually DO prefer a small amount of RPing- If I'm playing "Gorak the destroyer", then I want to be called "Gorak", not "Brad", even if you know my name is really "Brad". 

I don't even mind RPers here on message boards- while I don't write or read Fan Fiction, I have no issues with those who do- hey, give them the creative option if that's what they're into.  No reason why people who like that kind of thing shouldn't be allowed to have fun.

However, what I STRONGLY object to is folks who, during the course of a technical discussion of game issues, invoke the "role-playing" card as a way to try and imply that technical issues don't matter.  I feel reasonably certain that you probably feel the same way.

For example, let's take Shamans.  As the other Beta folks know, their Totems were almost useless under a great many situations, because they could be hit by AoE, and they were very easy to destroy.  I brought this up in a Beta thread, and had several "role-players" jump all over me for being a "power gamer".  What?  We're in Beta.  It was a technical problem, one that helped keep Shaman at the bottom of every "favorite class" poll.  Now I hear that Blizzard is saying that it was actually a bug, and that Totems should never have been hit by AoE.

Anyway, my main point is that Role-Playing is fine, as long as you keep it far, far away from actual game mechanics.  If a person wants to play "Dropsey, the Clumsy Cleric", fine, but I really don't want that person showing up on the Priest boards, saying that Healing Spells should be gimped to reflect the fact that their character is clumsy.

I cant say that I disgaree with anything said. When I posted my thing about liking the idea of shamans, that had no ingame quality references. I like the concept of shaman in real life. If the shaman in game is a gimp, then screw that - i will play something else.

Apparently, as they are set up right now, they arent great at healing or attacking. They could provide a secondary (different quality) healer in a group with a priest/druid healer, but I cant see that being as very essential to any group. It appears from wow boards that shamans dont really have a strong reason for existence - they arent needed for anything. Their benefits to the group seem to be replaceable by many other combinations of characters while a solo shaman is behind on almost every front. How is that character going to level if no one seeks it out for groups and it cant do crap by itself?

::::23::