Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lots of character creation options

dmt290889dmt290889 Member Posts: 8

I'm looking for an MMO that has a lot of character customisation, ive been on city of heroes and villains and thats, so far the best, only problem was it was'nt enough to tear my friends away from WoW, and because of WoW's huge level range its impossible for me to catch up to them now within a year as i arent an expert at leveling and tend to take things at my own pace. Anyway i was just wondering if anyone knew of any MMO's of any type that had a lot of character creation options as thats one of the main reasons i play MMO's though the other aspects of them are also apriciated.

Comments

• TearReaverTearReaver Member Posts: 33

Well... If that is what you are looking for... I would suggest these games:

Perfect World

The World R:2( http://www.cyberconnects.com )

Guild Wars

Shadow Bane

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Could give SWG a try.  SWG gives you alot of options to customise your character with.  There's a free trial at www.tryswg.com.

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253

Originally posted by Obraik

Could give SWG a try.  SWG gives you alot of options to customise your character with.  There's a free trial at www.tryswg.com.

yes this game has a lot of character customise, one of the best in all mmorpgs, but:

if you know the history of this game then you know that about half a million players who have put money, time, sweat and tears into this game for many years has been forced to accept a major change in the game engine that made this game unplayable for them, which made them quit...

if you support this game, then its a slap in the face of all those players I posted above...

and I think obraik can confirm that not many play this game anymore... so it will be hard to find full groups and have fun ingame in the long term...

so my opinion: I advise you to not play this game, thats what I already advised hundrets of other players in reallife and on these boards...

I dont just say "this game sucks" I name reasons and facts of why and what happend to this game...

feel free to ask of what happend to this game, we swg veterans can give you more information...

and in case some veterans sound a little bit offensive, I ask for understanding, because they feel duped by Sony Online Entertainement in a very very bad way...

plus SOE never offically ask for sorry to the veterans, they told them basicly to change the game if they dont like it, same did LucasArts...

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

Originally posted by TheChronic

yes this game has a lot of character customise, one of the best in all mmorpgs, but:

if you know the history of this game then you know that about half a million players who have put money, time, sweat and tears into this game for many years has been forced to accept a major change in the game engine that made this game unplayable for them, which made them quit...

if you support this game, then its a slap in the face of all those players I posted above...

and I think obraik can confirm that not many play this game anymore... so it will be hard to find full groups and have fun ingame in the long term...

so my opinion: I advise you to not play this game, thats what I already advised hundrets of other players in reallife and on these boards...

I dont just say "this game sucks" I name reasons and facts of why and what happend to this game...

feel free to ask of what happend to this game, we swg veterans can give you more information...

Heh, could I now?  I play on Chilastra, it's certainly not a dead server.  Finding groups is no issue, infact my issue is that group sizes aren't big enough.  With the new instances and the popularity of them, I have a full group of people ready as soon as I log on and have to turn people down.

I've been playing SWG since Launch, I've been through it all.  Claiming "it's a slap in the face" to those that have played before by playing the game now is just silly.  While you might not like changes, trying to put guilt on people for playing a game is going a wee bit far, IMO.

My advice to those looking at the game:  Try the trial and develop your own opinion, it's free afterall.

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253

Heh, could I now?  I play on Chilastra, it's certainly not a dead server.  Finding groups is no issue, infact my issue is that group sizes aren't big enough.  With the new instances and the popularity of them, I have a full group of people ready as soon as I log on and have to turn people down.

I've been playing SWG since Launch, I've been through it all.  Claiming "it's a slap in the face" to those that have played before by playing the game now is just silly.  While you might not like changes, trying to put guilt on people for playing a game is going a wee bit far, IMO.

My advice to those looking at the game:  Try the trial and develop your own opinion, it's free afterall.

Obraik, I respect you seriously...

you say you have been through it all and you support this game, you say its silly of me that I put guilt on people playing this game:

so are you basicly saying its okay that mods on the official SOE boards ban people for telling their opinion about how they dislike the current state of the game ?

you say its okay of what SOE did to their own employees like the kick of Tiggs who posted on the boards a few days after the NGE that its all a horrible failure and that SOE needs to pull these changes back? (yes, tiggs was a SOE employe who posted on the official boards that their company is terribly wrong with the NGE)

so you basicly say the NGE was a great success and people still enjoy this game ?

can you really be serious supporting all of this ? and in your deepest self do you really say that veterans like me are wrong posting all of this ?

and you basicly say that everything is alright ?

you can not be serious dude, really...

why do I post all of this? I propably must be a satisfied SOE customer right? if not, what are my reasons to post all this facts about SOE ? think about it..

read all what I posted above and tell me again that I am wrong and I refer you to my quote underneath this post...

(ps: In 1 thing I am in common with Obraik: I advise everyone to try the 7 days trial of swg, but please dont forget to come back to mmorpg.com and post your experience and how you like the game)

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

Obraik, I respect you seriously...

you say you have been through it all and you support this game, you say its silly of me that I put guilt on people playing this game:

so are you basicly saying its okay that mods on the official SOE boards ban people for telling their opinion about how they dislike the current state of the game ?

you say its okay of what SOE did to their own employees like the kick of Tiggs who posted on the boards a few days after the NGE that its all a horrible failure and that SOE needs to pull these changes back? (yes, tiggs was a SOE employe who posted on the official boards that their company is terribly wrong with the NGE)

so you basicly say the NGE was a great success and people still enjoy this game ?

can you really be serious supporting all of this ? and in your deepest self do you really say that veterans like me are wrong posting all of this ?

and you basicly say that everything is alright ?

you can not be serious dude, really...

why do I post all of this? I propably must be a satisfied SOE customer right? if not, what are my reasons to post all this facts about SOE ? think about it..

read all what I posted above and tell me again that I am wrong and I refer you to my quote underneath this post...

(ps: In 1 thing I am in common with Obraik: I advise everyone to try the 7 days trial of swg, but please dont forget to come back to mmorpg.com and post your experience and how you like the game)

If you go on and on about "pre-cu FTW!" on the official forums then yes, I have no problems with people being banned for it.  It's been nearly 3 years since pre-cu ended.  Generally, if you post a thread that's constructive and doesn't belittle the Devs, then it probably won't be deleted - I've seen many survive.

Tiggs never posted that and unless you can show proof, I would have a very hard time believing that.  She too has been gone for over 2 years now and was only with SWG for a year. 

Firstly, you're no more of a Veteran of the game then I am.  No, the NGE was not a great success and even SOE has admitted that (although LA hasn't, infact LA seems to ignore any questions on it...).  That would be why alot of stuff over the last 2 years has involved returning features that were removed with the NGE - but the returned features have been improved on or completely revamped.  I think it's perfectly fine to dislike the game but as I've said, it's been over 2 years now, things have changed and it's time to move on.

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Ok guys, take this back to the Vet forum please ;)

To the OP: Check out Pirates of the Burning Sea!  It's going open beta soon and it's the most fun character creation I've played with since CoH/V.  It's wonderfully detailed and piratey fun, plus you can change your clothes at any time.

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• bakkhai42bakkhai42 Member Posts: 27

Yeah SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) has a lot of customization - never seen two people look the same over the years.

I think it's one of the best games for this - you can have clothes made and colored, armor colored too and has may many combinations for your character.  You can  also change your looks after you start by going to an image designer player - who will change your hair, face, etc...

Good luck.

• dmt290889dmt290889 Member Posts: 8

Well so far it looks like SWG is the only game out at the moment that offers a lot of character customisation so ill give it a try, thanks for the recomendations