Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could This Be Any Worse?

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

After 5 grueling hours of trying to play DAoC free trial i finally make an account. I've tried everything, and the free trial isn't working at all. So i want to cancel my account before they bill me. What happens? I get a "Account name or password incorrect" I wrote my password and account down, and i'm not wrong. How the **** am i supposed to cancel when i can't even get on my account to do so?

Well, i try to phone up the DAoC support team, they put me on hold for 10 minutes, and i figure they aren't picking up. Since it's a whole different country i'm phoning, the call is suspected to cost more than buying the game.

Thanks Mythic, you suck.

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

if you have si already. then buy toa its comes with the reg daoc to.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     I don't want crappy ToA. I just want to be able to use the game and my expansion that I purchased.

• SothornSothorn Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by rathma
     I don't want crappy ToA. I just want to be able to use the game and my expansion that I purchased.

I feel ya bud.  Me and a couple of friends decided to check out DAOC the other night, and they have been down 2 days for some patch!  Really freaking incredible if you ask me.   And from talking with people, I have been told it is a "small" update, not a huge expansion.  These guys have some of the worst planning and logistical skills I have ever seen. 

Very close to unsubscribing and telling Mythic to "BLOW!"

---------------------------------
    Sothorn

Currently playing:
    Planetside

Past Games:
    Ultima Online
    Anarchy Online
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Earth and Beyond
    Eve: Second Genesis
    Asheron's Call 2
    City of Heroes

Yeah this is very unorganized. I uninstalled everything and tried to just install my gold edition of the game. Now i can't even get the patches because "Shrouded isles is being updated"

• SkaelSkael Member Posts: 115

Picked a bad time to get DAoC patched, servers have been down and patch server has been going crazy because of New Frontiers, people trying to log in to get it patched and try it out, and related bugfixes.

If you can get to level 15 before your trial is up be sure to try the 15-19 battlegrounds, what what I've seen on Mid/Lancelot a lot of people go there and BGs are always fun. I'm having some fun times in the 10-14 ones despite the low numbers there.

Vendor buy us all a decent MMORPG bank guards recdu recsu

I'm using my DAoC gold edition now. I have all the patches but it still says "Please insert your shrouded isles CD Key" and it says right on the cd "No CD Key needed".

Grrr.. image

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    Just use the same CD key that is on your gold edition DAoC for SI.  Even though in the gold edition the SI disk says no CD key required, when activating it you still need to put in the CD key that is on your basic DAoC disk that came in the Gold box.

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

Yeah thanks for the help oracle, but when i type in my original DAoC CD key it said "this CD key is already in use". I happened to try my friends CD key a while back and that one says it's in use as well (he tells me he uninstalled the game too).

I e-mailed mythic about a day ago, so hopefully they respond sometime this month. image

• SkaelSkael Member Posts: 115

That REALLY sucks image ...

I hope you do get things working though, the new battlegrounds are a lot of fun!

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    You can't use a CDkey that has already been used. And the patches are because of a new expansion. In my opinion if you do not have a lvl 50 you're not going to enjoy this game. I see no one to group with on my lower lvl alts. ToA is a complete joke. I'm still undecided on New Frontiers. PvE in this game is very boring.

Yeah i'm on the Merlin server and it's the most populated server when i play. Even then there isn't too many people where i play. Right now i've got a lvl 31 reaver and i really hope i get him to 45 so i can do RvR.

The past 3 days i've had the game it's been down each day just for "patching" and everything image.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Its only down from 10am to 1pm... maybe once or twice it was at 4-6pm. Hardly all day.

• toriatoria Member Posts: 75

actually... the game got a new expansion Nf... so it has been down alot during the past week and a half.. fixing everything,..the game is well worth it in every aspect i think..

have you sent them any email instead of calling them again,.... email is pretty fast. and cheaper...::::04::

Playing daoc and loving it totally..
    have Played
    Eq,Eq2,WoW,Coh,Cov,
    and other..
    which i have forgotten..

• andrew123andrew123 Member Posts: 4
    hi how r u

greena

andrew

• irish_ladirish_lad Member Posts: 7

I wouldn't waste your time attempting to make an account for DaOC. The game, IMO, is awful because of its thankless repetition. RvR is simply awful. Wait for better games due to be launched soon.

• Schonk31Schonk31 Member Posts: 72
    Which ones? WOW or EQ II?  Have you tried City of Heroes?

Schonk 22 Reaver - Horizons
    Icedeath 50 Ice Wizard - DAoC
    Schonk 48 Hunter - DAoC
    Schonk Bounty Hunter - SWG
    Schonk 20 Monk - FFXI
    Schonk 48 ShadowKnight - EQ

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by rathma
     Yeah i'm on the Merlin server and it's the most populated server when i play. Even then there isn't too many people where i play. Right now i've got a lvl 31 reaver and i really hope i get him to 45 so i can do RvR.
     The past 3 days i've had the game it's been down each day just for "patching" and everything image.image

It does get better, I have been in Camelot since launch and what you have going on is very rare. I see few complaints about quality of service with DAoC. As for the phone support, on hold 10 minutes? That really is rather impressive to me. 75% of the other MMORPG's out don't even have phone support to fall back on. Ever try to get support on an accounting issue with Everquest? Hmmm, I remember when I lost my AC1 account information about 6 years back and it took me 1 month and over 20 phone calls to finally get in touch with the proper person to get my account back? And ofcourse with UO your just gonna hear "there is nothing we can do" over and over again.

I understand your fustration, I think we have all been there when we are amped to get into a game, but honestly I don't see your situation that bad, maybe waiting a few days for an email response max. But goodluck with it.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• RuindarRuindar Member Posts: 9
    DAOC could have been a great game.  The RvR was pretty great really.  But, the grinding is painful.  What really ruins it are the utter asshats at Mythic.  You can put all this effort into a character and they just randomly decide to gut your class (like they are doing to animists right now).  It reminds me of the old AC1 days. "Sorry you put all this effort into a character.  Reroll please and pay us more money."  No thanks.  These days, it is much easier to reroll to a new MMORPG.

-Ruindar

-Ruindar

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

I installed this game and tried it out on the free trial thing. But, I didn't even last a day, the community was sooooo unimpressive and unhelpful I didn't need any other reasons to not play it. Who cares how your game looks if you community is so weak.

Originally posted by Mentat
    I installed this game and tried it out on the free trial thing. But, I didn't even last a day, the community was sooooo unimpressive and unhelpful I didn't need any other reasons to not play it. Who cares how your game looks if you community is so weak.

And you figured all that out about the community in less then a day? I am glad you didn't stay then.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

My impression of what people that say things like "community is so weak" during a free trial.

<install game>

<create account>

<make a charater named Madzskillz, Illeatyourbrains, pimpthedaddylonghorn, or hotyoungelfgirl>

/gu I'm new

/gu can someone give me money

<a bit of time passes>

/gu I'm speaking here someone answer me

<more time passes>

/gu Can someone power level me, I need to level so I'sa hava l33t skillz

/gu This game sucks I'm leaving!

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Originally posted by Clever_Glove

My impression of what people that say things like "community is so weak" during a free trial.
    <install game>
    <create account>
    <make a charater named Madzskillz, Illeatyourbrains, pimpthedaddylonghorn, or hotyoungelfgirl>
    /gu I'm new
    /gu can someone give me money
    <a bit of time passes>
    /gu I'm speaking here someone answer me
    <more time passes>
    /gu Can someone power level me, I need to level so I'sa hava l33t skillz
    /gu This game sucks I'm leaving!

-=-=-=-=-"We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

ROFLMAO

I had never thought of that! I do agree however.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris