Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should i be able to run this game if. . . . . . . .

wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

i can run WoW perfectly with all graphics turned on low?

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

yeah i would have thought so...

what are your specs ? AO is quite old now should you should be able to run it fine...

• stimulatedstimulated Member Posts: 15

I had a 64mb Intel Graphics Controller in the past and that is possibly the worst you could have and I still managed to run AO smoothly

• ShinzouShinzou Member Posts: 34

lol, AO was my first MMO. When I started I ran it fine with a 250mhz computer and an 8mb video card. Of course I didn't have anythign maxed out, but that is still good..

The game is so old now it may have troubles with modern computers. I can run Tabula Rasa and Hellgate: London fine at max settings.. and AO is a bit choppy in some areas, but overall it runs fine. It is free, so just download it and see for yourself. If it runs fine, great.

I would be so happy if they made an AO2 with better graphics, based in the future or whatnot. Kind of like what they did with EQ2. Or heck, I would be pleased if they just did a graphics update patch like with what EVE: Online is doing.

• stimulatedstimulated Member Posts: 15

Yes but to be fair EVE Online only does a free trial which means the vast majority on the game pays meaning more updates for them. Still I have hardly looked at EVE as Anarchy Online has seemed to of done a lot better in terms of grabbing my attention

• tasteetastee Member Posts: 65

if u can somehow manage to hook up a decent lcd or old crt to a toaster... it will have enough computing power to run AO

• kizzimkizzim Member Posts: 22

The only thing that matters is your CPU as AO graphics engine doesnt render graphics via your graphics card (their major problem all along). I ran it fine on a 1ghz+ machine back in the day.

However, they have a graphics engine update soon (not graphics ingame at this point just the engine) that will allow rendering via your graphics card like most other mmorpgs and games out there.