Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project X Gets Pushed

Comments

• goliath142goliath142 Member Posts: 104
    I like the foam finger idea lol.

As I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil BUT evil will have no choice but to FEAR ME!!!

As I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil BUT evil will have no choice but to FEAR ME!!!

• --Fallax----Fallax-- Member Posts: 1

The program you're talking about it called XFire.  It's very useful; an IM tool that shows you what game your friends are playing with the ability to join them. 

So they could creating something like it but with more functionality.

• bmd32bmd32 Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by Admin

Hello all,
    Due to typical development setbacks we are having to push back the beta for "X" until late July.......

It's late July now... rawr... image *zombie noises*

i wonder HOW late in late July it will be... rawr image *even more disturbing zombie noises*

Xproject good...image *zombie gugrle drooling noises*

~ bmd32

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

• BildgeratBildgerat Member Posts: 85
    Xfire happens to be one of the best creations next to teamspeak for keeping in touch with you frinends, they have a good list of games that you can monitor your friends with and it makes life easier when trying to find you buddys and they are constantly gaming.

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

• JaitJait Member Posts: 1

They bought Horizons, I knew it.

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Originally posted by Jait

LOL        image

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by cedori
    Originally posted by Jait
    LOL imageP-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

OK. You know HZ is a game and they stated that Project X is NOT a game! ::::04::::::03::::::15::::::01::::::02::::::20::

Therefore they can't bought HZ!::::19::::::08::::::17::::::18::::::31::::::35::

Betatesting: 2 unknown games coming soon! :D :P
    Betatested: AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.
    Testing: none
    Playing: ?????
    Retired: EQ; DAoC; SWG; Shadowbane; UO free shards, Ashen Empires; Horizons; AC1; AC2
    Attempt to test or play: Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light, WoW, Mourning

• SailorAleaSailorAlea Member Posts: 29
    I wonder what it could be.. Hmm. :/

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by SailorAlea
    I wonder what it could be.. Hmm. :/

It could be a chicken throwing machine catapult! ::::04::::::06::::::01::::::02::::::08::::::12::::::20::::::19::::::31::::::35::::::39::

Betatesting: 2 unknown games coming soon! :D :P
    Betatested: AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.
    Testing: none
    Playing: ?????
    Retired: EQ; DAoC; SWG; Shadowbane; UO free shards, Ashen Empires; Horizons; AC1; AC2
    Attempt to test or play: Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light, WoW, Mourning

Well as they stated it would be out near the end of this month I would assume that we are on the verge of knowing.  I for one am hoping that I get to participate in this and that it will be soon.

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

• SilvareaSilvarea Member Posts: 72

I can't sign up! My rulez are not to sign up for a beta I may not be willing to test!, as that would waste a testing space and testing is very important.

Do you promise that this beta X has NO spy ware?

I promise that I have put NO spyware in Project X up to this point, now as I am not of any importance I am not sure why this is needed info but hey why not.

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

• lukezillalukezilla Member Posts: 28

I think it's just some weird secret that you'll sign a non-disclosure agreement for, then since everyone's hyped about it, some people will spill the beans. Then MMORPG.com comes in and sues 'em and makes their year's profits in one swoop!
    (only kidding, but it could work as a business model, no?) ::::02::

Given that MMORPG.com's business is in providing communication and information to mmorpg gamers, I'm betting it'll be a piece of software to help the community communicate. Maybe a voice communication tool? Maybe something to keep track of your characters on many different games, and perhaps rank them against everyone else?

Any other ideas of what you think - or wish - Project X was about?
    Maybe if we come up with some good ideas of what we want Project X to be, it will become part of Project Y. (or Project X2.0)

::::38::

--lZ

• lukezillalukezilla Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Bildgerat
    Xfire happens to be one of the best creations next to teamspeak for keeping in touch with you frinends, they have a good list of games that you can monitor your friends with and it makes life easier when trying to find you buddys and they are constantly gaming.Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Why not just use AIM and put which game you are playing in your away message?
    And put all your online gamer buddies in a seperate buddy list.
    I don't see the need for another piece of chat software.
    ::;^`::

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Tic Tac, Tic Tac.

"9th today, only 3 more days to go, prepare or forks cuz were gonna have to hunt MMORPG staff  down to know what this is before end of the moth  image

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Then again we could also be milking this thread for all its worth. Scooping up all your hyped rumours, ideas and implimenting them into Projext X behind a copyright clause... image <--- (Pure Evil Genious Hard at Work.)

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

OK so I am giong to be out of town saturday and sunday, what are the chances we will know somthing before then so I dont come home and find our I missed it ??????

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

• RealmMasterRealmMaster Member Posts: 6
    Tomorrow is as late in July as you can get.  I wonder if we'll hear anything soon ;)  Hopefully.  I'm kinda excited.  Hopefully I get in and get to see what it is.  I like surprises.

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602
    Ok, as promised here is your PROJECT X official announcement:

We have created _______ and we are going to be choosing you to beta test all its _______ functions.   We wish everyone good luck and promise to let you know when we send out the first wave of betas. 

hehe.

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

• dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

WTF?! Really very funny.Com`n guys tell us what is it.You play this game for 2 months or so and it stopping to be funimage Last time you said you tell us details or that it should be finito and rdy for beta end of july.

So you have 5 minutes to say wth it is image...i`m waitin

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::
    lordken->Friendly Mastermind

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

LOL, they are going to keep us hanging on.......WEEEEE

Cheers

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

• AmunetAmunet Member Posts: 136

Well....any news? =P

Tommorow morning we will all wake up, and find those foam fingers next to us, and when we put them all, we all get transported to a version of a MMORPG that is similar to "The World" (.Hack?) I don't know! But seriously!!! Tell us!! ::::16::::::16::::::16::

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Afraid we are pushing a bit more.  I did hear from the programming team that they are just about ready to show me a functioning version of X in the next 3-7 days...let's just hope that is the truth!  Oh well, I guess this is the typical path of software development image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Oh well! More wating, it's alright. I'm already going nut's over the MXO beta, so might as well add this to my repitoire! ::::06::

This discussion has been closed.