Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help

I have some questions about SWG

1: How do i get the bonus AT-RT that im supposed to have?

2: Where can i get a better ship? (my ones the starting one...)

3: If i join the smugglers can i change to the rebels afterwards? (i accidently made my jedi character join the Smugglers Alliance)

Comments

• outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

2) To be able to use a better ship you need pilot skill, depending on that you can equip different ships, buy them off players, or build your own.

3) Yes, everything is inter-changable!

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

The AT-RT is a bonus for buying the retail boxed version of the "Complete online adventures", if you purchased the digital download version you have the Naboo style ITV. If you do not have the deed for the AT-RT in your inventory I suspect you got the download version.

• GuernicaGuernica Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by SammoHalon

I have some questions about SWG
    1: How do i get the bonus AT-RT that im supposed to have?
    2: Where can i get a better ship? (my ones the starting one...)
    3: If i join the smugglers can i change to the rebels afterwards? (i accidently made my jedi character join the Smugglers Alliance)

1. The AT-RT was a one-off gift for purchasers of the Complete Online Adventures, both retail and download versions. It should have come up as a 'congratulations - you've earned a reward' box when you created your first toon. If you definitely bought one of those two packs and did not get this you should press H in-game and create a ticket asking for help.

2. You need to level-up in space, just as you do on the ground. This is one of the cooler parts of SWG, the possibility of being a pilot ace will you are still level squat on the ground. As you level up you will gain access to more ship-types. You will have to buy most of these, and the gear to outfit them, or use the parts you loot from space combat. There are some ships that come as quest rewards, but they are at quite high levels.

3. Yes, you can change squadrons as many times as you like. Beware though, every time you resign from one factions recruiter you will lose all your levels and have to start again. So, you cannot become an Imperial Ace, then switch to the rebs and be a rebel Ace straight away. Not sure if the same thing happens if you change squadrons within a faction, but I think it does.

Welcome to SWG - you've picked a good time to get into space as the next publish, expected this winter, will focus largely on space.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Bah, everyone already answered. I wager you will like the change to rebels, I did.

Torrential

• SammoHalonSammoHalon Member Posts: 15

thanks for the advice. i also forgot to ask..........

where do you get the Z-95 from? the pilot trainer said she'd added it to my datapad in the waypoints or something and its not there! i've had to put up with a Scyk Light Fighter and to be honest its c**p!

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by SammoHalon

thanks for the advice. i also forgot to ask..........
    where do you get the Z-95 from? the pilot trainer said she'd added it to my datapad in the waypoints or something and its not there! i've had to put up with a Scyk Light Fighter and to be honest its c**p!

It might be in deed form in your inventory.

Be sure to look NOT in the waypoint section of your datapad, but in the other part, where your vehicles and pets are stored.

It may be that (dunno this for sure) you have to delete or turn the scyk into a deed to get the Z95.  It may be that different faction (there are three space factions) vehicles can't coexist on your datapad.

BTW, if you take pilot all the way to master, then drop it to join another squadron, the XP cost isn't as high to master the other squadron.  I have a friend who has mastered in all nine squadrons.  Also, before you switch, be sure to turn all your high level ships into deeds before you do so.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

Originally posted by Gutboy

The AT-RT is a bonus for buying the retail boxed version of the "Complete online adventures", if you purchased the digital download version you have the Naboo style ITV. If you do not have the deed for the AT-RT in your inventory I suspect you got the download version.
    You're supposed to get the AT-RT with the download version as well as the new ITV.

If you already own an AT-RT from buying the complete version you won't get another, you'll just get the ITV.