Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General Gaming Questions about SQ online

TacolaTacola Member CommonPosts: 263

I am ok with the look of this game, although it could use a facelift, I do agree that is fluff and gameplay is king. 

I have read about this game, but I am wondering if any fan sites with guides are out there. 

Crafting: Do you mine resources? How many different types of resources are available, ie.  10 different metals.  And are there better quality mats that make better quality items?

And are there other elements that you can harvest other than metals? and what is the process of getting them? 

Do crafting/harvesting skills also increase with use?  What are the advantages of increasing these skills?

Should you use an alt to craft/harvest and a main for combat skills?

Combat:  Is there a dominate faction currently? Is there a path best for a beginner, not meaning the first toon will end up being the main but to get a good feel for the game.

Are there special attacks for each weapon type that you can learn as you skill up, or just the pistol hits harder the higher your level?

Movement: is it point and click or keyboard driven?

Thanks for any responses and if anyone wants to help a newbie, tell me how to contact you ingame.

Thanks in advance =)

Comments

• TravBurgerTravBurger Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Tacola

I am ok with the look of this game, although it could use a facelift, I do agree that is fluff and gameplay is king. 
    I have read about this game, but I am wondering if any fan sites with guides are out there. 
    There are a couple of fansites, I forget the linkys but you can get them from the Wikipedia entry on "StarQuest Online"
    Crafting: Do you mine resources?
    Yes, you can, either by hand or with a starship
    How many different types of resources are available, ie.  10 different metals.  
    Metals, trycene crystals, electronic componets, antimatter are the mats I know about.  Only the first 3 are used in crafting
    And are there better quality mats that make better quality items?
    Not as far as I know
    And are there other elements that you can harvest other than metals? and what is the process of getting them? 
    Listed above, although electronics are crafted not harvested.   You can either mine for them or buy them.
    Do crafting/harvesting skills also increase with use?  What are the advantages of increasing these skills?
    From use, higher skills means you get more stuff and quicker
    Should you use an alt to craft/harvest and a main for combat skills?
    An alt would be the best choice, since you can only max out a few skills at the same time on the same character

Combat:  Is there a dominate faction currently?
    The Alliance Fleet is the dominant faction
    Is there a path best for a beginner, not meaning the first toon will end up being the main but to get a good feel for the game.
    Play a fleet char first, there is a tutorial for them.  Serving on fleet ship will let you learn ship operations fastest
    Are there special attacks for each weapon type that you can learn as you skill up, or just the pistol hits harder the higher your level?
     The weapons seem to do the same amount of damage when they hit regardless of skill, but whether or not you hit, and how fast you attack, is skill/attribute driven
    Movement: is it point and click or keyboard driven?
    Point and click
    Thanks for any responses and if anyone wants to help a newbie, tell me how to contact you ingame.
     The message board for the game is very active and there are a lot of helpful people there.  The game also has it's own wikipedia for looking up stuff you may have questions about
    Thanks in advance =)
    NP, hope to see you over at SQO soon
    Trav