Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seed: The Human Condition: New Game

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

We have added yet another MMORPG to our growing list of games here at MMORPG.com - "Seed: The Human Condition."  This title is a sci-fi based game that appears to use a unique cell-shader style graphics engine that gives the game a comic book look and feel. Runestone, the developers - claim that Seed will boast incredible AI, free-form stories and a world where players can alter the course of the game.

We have included a few screen shots of the game below:

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Ugh, so many games claim those things, yet normally the change is so insignificant, and it's only 1 group that triggers it. I want an MMORPG that promises a change in character development, something other than just plain stats increase as level increases. FFXI seemed kind of different, been thinking of trying that if a trial comes out. I'd love some character development akin to FF Tactics Advance, changing jobs, secondary abilities, etc. You learned abilities by using a certain weapon for a while. I just want more possibilities.

Anyway, i got off topic. Pretty looking game, I'm a sucker for cel-shading. Wish them luck with it.

--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

• AlexKAlexK Member Posts: 2

Hi,

Actually, growing better through boosting skills is only half the fun we plan to offer. Developing and maintaining a social network with both other players and AIs will also be part of the core gameplay. Roleplaying out any personality changes to your character will affect this network and your surroundings as well. You will also be able to freely switch between professions - as long as your character can do the job, you can take on any work task you'd like.

With regards to the promises of a mutable world, I can well understand your scepticism. But this is one of the points where we want to differ from other games. We want roleplay and personal in-game decisions to make an impact to the game world, and we plan to do this both through the way personal storylines are implemented and through the in-game and partly player-driven democratic style of government.

Likely many groups will form and compete in-game to advance their view of how things should be done. This could be about day-to-day decisions of what to construct where, but it could just as easily be a fundamental change of the colony law. Also, if enough players through their in-game actions and allocation of resources show their support for a given decision or course of action for the entire colony, it will likely be implemented. An example could be gaining access to a lost space station overhead (opening up a new area of play).

So yes, we promise a lot, but we expect to deliver when you sign up for the beta :)

Regards,

Alex

--------------

Alex K. Uth
    Story and World design
    Runestone Game Development
    http://www.runestone.dk

--------------

Alex K. Uth
    Story and World design

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

I guess there enough rump in each shot....

Language Machine:

I'm with the poster above, I've seen other games try to incorporate speaking to NPC's like a human, it ended up with me and a thesaurus trying to figure how many ways I can ask "have you seen the sword fish run past you in the direction the gigaplex?"

After awhile I just broke down, let other figure out of the hot keywords and post them on-line.

Any examples of how this "language Machine" will be any different?

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• krolldkkrolldk Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Clever_Glove

I guess there enough rump in each shot....

Language Machine:

I'm with the poster above, I've seen other games try to incorporate speaking to NPC's like a human, it ended up with me and a thesaurus trying to figure how many ways I can ask "have you seen the sword fish run past you in the direction the gigaplex?"

After awhile I just broke down, let other figure out of the hot keywords and post them on-line.

Any examples of how this "language Machine" will be any different?

Hi. Let me try to answer that one:

What we want, is the flexibility normally afforded by text-based natural language interfaces, without having the frustrations you describe above. We achieve this, by having a graphical representation for words, along with a flexible user interface to construct sentences.

Think "items". In most other RPGs, characters can exchange items with each other. In "Seed", players can tie nouns and verbs together in a graphical user interface, thus creating sentences. These sentences can be passed from character to character. Since we of course stash a lot of extra hidden information in each noun and verb, our AIs can also "understand" and react to these sentences.

The idea with the language machine and knowledge system of "Seed", is to create a game where information plays at least as important a role as items. Where many quests in other games are about getting a specific item or killing a specific monster, our game is about getting a particualr piece of information, or using information to influence NPCs. Our crafting system also incorporates knowledge, such that players can discover new knowledge through research.  All in-game knowledge will be available in the language machine, giving a huge space of possibilities for expression.

Of course, we will also have a traditional chat, which the NPCs won't be able to understand, but which will allow the players to talk directly to each other.

regards

Lars Kroll

CEO, Runestone Game Development

• AlexKAlexK Member Posts: 2

Hi,

We aim to please! And thanks for the praise ;)

It's actually very nice for us as developers to get feedback even this early in the stage of making the game. We get to test our core ideas, and answering questions from somebody not close to the process is an excellent way of showing any flaws in our design. So do keep it coming.

The graphics are not done by cell-shading, but I agree they look deceptively like it. Our graphics department can explain this way better, and as soon as he gets back from his much earned vacation somewhere sunny, I'll sic him onto this one.

With regards to the game being in danish or released for the danish market first: We aim for the international market from the start, and everything in and about the game will be in english. So no fear of odd, danish letters necessary. :)

Sincerely,

Alex

--------------

Alex K. Uth
    Story and World design

--------------

Alex K. Uth
    Story and World design