Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biggest downfall of this game...And others

13»

Comments

• RidgelonRidgelon Member Posts: 28

I have to say, after playing DAoC and WOW and a few other mmorpg's.. this is one of the best I've played so far...Yes the controls were a bit frustrating at first.. 20mins into it and i was on a killing spree...hopefully in the future they will patch the game so all the WSAD players can have it their way too.  I gota tell you, after shelling out $14.95/mo for like 6 years, this game is worth every penny of the $0.00 i pay now :)

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Whether or not I'll play 9D is no ones concern, but it IS helpful to have people come on these forums and give their views, negative and all, since it helps people who come to these forums for info on games they know little to nothing about. Whether P2M or WASD is the movement format is used, I only appreciate the fact someone mentioned which one is used. Opinions are like appendixes, whether you have one or not, it affects little the overall function of the whole. 

• Retard0Retard0 Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by whisperwynd

Whether or not I'll play 9D is no ones concern, but it IS helpful to have people come on these forums and give their views, negative and all, since it helps people who come to these forums for info on games they know little to nothing about. Whether P2M or WASD is the movement format is used, I only appreciate the fact someone mentioned which one is used. Opinions are like appendixes, whether you have one or not, it affects little the overall function of the whole. 

Well said!

I can play either one.  Doesnt make a difference. 

What I like about the click N move thing is, I can click on the horizon, keep running using the Right Mouse button down to steer while I use my other hand to pop open another can of beer.

• DecrebaudDecrebaud Member UncommonPosts: 42

at this day and age, to not put in the option to use the mouse and/or arrow pad/WASD just shows the quality of what your paying for. what graphic engines that use physics in order to controll the enviroment or how things interact with each other, its a shame that most developers of MMO's do not put in the option for the player to control how he plays his charcter in-game.  

• spazzy_69spazzy_69 Member Posts: 11

what i find really annoying about the WASD movement is in PvP because in Wasd games i use skills with my mouse. and when i cliuck on my skill i have to look at where it is unlike if i use number keys to use skills. and yes i know i can use skills with number keys in most WASD games but then if i want to move and use a skill i have to take my finger off a movement and tap a number.... it's really annyoing.

all in all i think click to move games are great for casual gamers and WASD games are good for people who really love gaming.

spazzy BogAn

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

I don't have a problem controlling a character with either click to move or WASD, however, with click to move after a while my clicking finger starts to hurt.  Ill start using my middle and ring fingers and after a while they all start to hurt.  Of course, i'd take a click to move ffa pvp full loot sandbox game over a linear pve raiding expansionish WASD game anyday.  It would be worth the pain.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Originally posted by sullivanj69

I don't have a problem controlling a character with either click to move or WASD, however, with click to move after a while my clicking finger starts to hurt.  Ill start using my middle and ring fingers and after a while they all start to hurt.  Of course, i'd take a click to move ffa pvp full loot sandbox game over a linear pve raiding expansionish WASD game anyday.  It would be worth the pain.

hahahah thats funny your fingers hurt after playing CtM's..maybe you should do some finger stretches and finger push-ups.. joust joking with ya, but i do like click to moves better. 

spazzy BogAn

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

WASD or PnC boils down to two things: 1) Complexity of the game engine and 2) Preference.  Games like WoW would be terrible for PnC, but it's perfect for Global MU (I prefer WASD). Calling each other "idiots" and worse over a preference is pretty silly. Besides, I would prefer to use my PS2  controller instead of either.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

i love th look of 9dragons it looks cool and stuff and i think it is a better game for a PtM because itis more of a casual game and not a gamer GRRRRR!!! game that sortof thing hats what i reckon anyway

spazzy BogAn

• MikeTheSaintMikeTheSaint Member Posts: 74

And it's "color".

...Monkey want some peanuts?

And also, WSAD or click to move does it really make that much of a difference to you?

To those of you who wouldnt even try the game because it was a clicker, get over it and/or get over youselves.

• vereen70vereen70 Member Posts: 3
    I’m an older guy (never thought I would admit that) and I really enjoy all types of games but I prefer WASD or Arrows to move. Since I’m not 16 anymore playing ColecoVision  til 3am, my finger really start to hurt trying to play C2M games after a few hours. Other than that this game (for me) would be my favorite MMO.  
  • draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

Very good game, poorly managed. The management of Aklaim is just a big joke and unless they finally readjust their attitude toward the players, they'll keep losing their fan base. Too bad some good games are in the hands of such unqualified individuals...

• glockmasterglockmaster Member Posts: 147

Yes this is quite true there ar quite a few people asking for GMs on shout and no-one anwers them me and all my friends needing GMs at one point and i have quite a few friends atleast 15 fruends...i talk to all of them(i know its kinda sad but hey lol) Well except from that i dont mind clickn move but it wou be better if it was WASD or the arrows or maybe even if it was compatiblewith a PC controller.....One thing dnt get is tha RYL:Unforgiven Wars has excellent help from the GMs and th game is really quite good but yet hardly anyone is interested on my screen  i cant even post o forums ffs i dnt have th forum button lol and you have the choice between click n move or WASD ovement you caneven jump n everything

Its a shame tha game has ALOT of POTENTIAL

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

THe whole debate between C2M and WASD is silly.  Game Dev's should just do what the people who made Shaiya did and use BOTH.

IN fact, Shaiya uses both fluidly.